Gerweck Report podcast special: Brodus Clay on having his Wrestlemania match nixed, WWE creative, WWE Network, Cena, Punk, and more
Steve Gerweck and Frank Dee welcome special guest, former WWE superstar Brodus Clay to the Gerweck Report podcast.
– What has Brodus been up to since departing WWE
– Clay growing up a wrestling fan, and his favorite wrestlers
– Training with Deep South Wrestling and Florida Championship Wrestling
– Why Clay feels WWE developmental is more stressful than being on the main roster
– Being mentored by the likes of Dusty Rhodes, Arn Anderson, and Bill DeMott
– Clay working as bodyguard for Snoop Dogg
– WWE wanted to call him Heavy G
– The creative process in WWE
– The development of “The Funkasaurus” gimmick
– Should John Cena turn heel? Stale character?
– What happened to the hateful heels?
– Why Clay feels wrestling isn’t as exciting as it once was
– Why Clay feels the attitude era wouldn’t work today
– Working with Tensai
– CM Punk leaving WWE
– Clay’s thoughts on the WWE Network
– Clay’s WWE highlights
– “I don’t think I completely recovered from it,” on having his Wrestlemania 29 match pulled
– Clay’s goal of working in Japan
– Undertaker’s Wrestlemania streak ending
– Might he return to WWE in the future?
– And more!
Follow Brodus Clay on Twitter at @BrodusClay
Follow the Gerweck Report podcast at @GerweckReport
Follow Gerweck on Twitter at @gerweck
Follow Frank Dee on Twitter at @RealFrankDee
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also listen to the Gerweck Report via iTunes on tunein, Stitcher and on Spreaker