WWE RAW Report – 5/9/2022
– The post-WrestleMania Backlash edition of WWE RAW opens up on the USA Network with a video looking at how The Bloodline defeated Drew McIntyre and RAW Tag Team Champions RK-Bro in last night’s six-man main event. We’re now live from the XL Center in Hartford, Connecticut as Jimmy Smith welcomes us. He’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
RAW Tag Team Titles Match: The Street Profits vs. RK-Bro
We go right to the ring and out first come RAW Tag Team Champions RK-Bro – Randy Orton and Riddle. They hit the ring and the pyro goes off. Fans chant for Orton and Riddle as they take the mic. Orton welcomes everyone to Monday Night RAW.
Orton says unfortunately at WrestleMania Backlash, even though they gave it everything they had, they lost the battle to The Bloodline, but before this is all said and done, they will win the war. Orton brings up how SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos originally wanted to unify the titles, but that didn’t happen because Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns tore the contracts up as he knew his cousins can’t hold a candle to RK-Bro. Orton goes on and says RK-Bro wants the blue brand titles, so that they can become the first-ever Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions. Riddle says they’re going to SmackDown this week and if Reigns says no to the title unification match, it just proves that The Tribal Chief has no confidence in his cousins. Riddle starts hyping Orton up until the music hits and out comes The Street Profits – Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. They stop on the ramp and here come the red Solo cups.
Ford and Dawkins take the mics and taunt RK-Bro for their loss at WrestleMania Backlash, but say they should be worried about The Profits, not The Usos. The Profits declare that they got next and they will be the ones to unify the titles. The two teams are in the ring having words now. Ford says not only do they want the RAW Tag Team Titles tonight, they want the smoke as well. Riddle says RK-Bro 4:20 says we just smoked your asses, and Orton says they’re going to do it with the three most dangerous letters in sports entertainment – RKO. Orton’s music starts back up as the two teams have words in the middle of the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and we get formal ring introductions from Mike Rome. Ford and Riddle start off and Ford rolls Riddle for 2. Ford with more quick roll-ups and a jab of disrespect, then some showing off to a mixed reaction. Ford taunts Riddle now. They lock up and Riddle nails the flying armbar. They tangle and Riddle jumps on Ford’s back. More back and forth, then Riddle pats Ford on the head to taunt him. Ford seethes now.
Ford takes control and nails a dropkick, then tags in Dawkins for the double team. Dawkins with a shoulder block and a 2 count. Dawkins comes back with another dropkick for a quick pin attempt. Riddle fights back and turns it around with kicks. Orton tags in with corner uppercuts to Dawkins to beat him down. Orton slams Dawkins face-first into the turnbuckle, then across the ring into the opposite corner. Orton mounts Dawkins in the corner with right hands as fans count along with him.
Riddle tags back in and Orton drops Dawkins, then flips Riddle onto Dawkins for a close 2 count. Ford tags in as Riddle sends Dawkins to the floor with a scissors. Dawkins ends up bringing Riddle out to the floor. Ford runs the ring and leaps out with a big dive, taking Riddle down at ringside. Ford poses to mostly boos as Orton looks on from the apron. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ford levels Riddle with a big clothesline. Riddle counters a suplex and nails a jumping knee to the face. Orton and Dawkins tag in but Orton unloads and nails the powerslam. Ford comes in but he also eats a powerslam in the middle of the ring. Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT on Dawkins and he hits it. Orton drops down and hits the mat as fans cheer him on. Dawkins blocks the RKO and rocks Orton. Riddle tags in but Dawkins doesn’t see it as he also gets hit. Orton and Ford get sent to the floor. Riddle with a running punt kick to Ford from the apron.
Riddle leaps out off the apron but miscommunication causes him to hit Orton instead, taking him down. Dawkins brings Riddle in for a big Spinebuster. Ford goes to the top and hits a big Frogsplash to Riddle for the pin but Orton rushes in and makes the save just in time. Orton drops Dawkins at ringside. Ford stuns Riddle with a kick in the middle of the ring.
Ford goes back to the top for another Frogsplash but Riddle catches him in mid-air on the way down with a big RKO for the pin to win and retain.
– After the match, the music hits as RK-Bro stands tall. Orton looks a bit shocked and impressed at the finish as we go to replays. Orton and Riddle hit the corners to pose for the fans again.
– The announcers show us how Cody Rhodes defeated Seth Rollins again at WrestleMania Backlash. Jimmy says Rhodes vs. WWE United States Champion Theory will begin at 10pm tonight. Kevin Patrick is on the stage now as he welcomes his guest, Theory. The champ comes out to boos. Patrick asks Theory how he’s preparing for such a worthy challenger in Rhodes tonight. Theory asks if he looks like he needs to prepare because he can do this all day and is the youngest United States Champion for a reason. Theory says he’s already great and is barely scratching the surface of his full potential. Theory yells at the fans to shut up but the boos get louder. Theory doesn’t give a damn about Cody or the past, because Theory is the future and all he cares about is himself. Theory goes on talking trash and takes a selfie as his music starts back up while the boos get louder.
– We see how Rhea Ripley became the latest disciple to WWE Hall of Famer Edge at WrestleMania Backlash last night.
– We go back to the ring and out comes The Judgment Day – Rhea Ripley, Damian Priest and WWE Hall of Famer Edge. They hit the ring and pose on the apron as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Edge has the mic now. He says they formed The Judgment Day because they were tired of being sheep like all of you. Edge says that did get him a WWE Hall of Fame ring but big deal because he’s bigger than the Hall of Fame. Edge says that also got his body beat up. He talks about how his body is full of injuries also. He goes on and scolds the fans for being keyboard warriors with their asinine comments. Edge says Judgment Day holds the mirror up to each fan and the fans don’t like what they see, mainly because they’re ugly. Edge says Judgment Day can look in any mirror and they like what they see. Edge insults AJ Styles and the local crowd, and says they don’t seem to understand that no one can touch Judgment Day. Fans chant “you suck!” now.
Priest says the truth hurts as individually he and Edge were able to destroy all of your favorites, but together they are something more, something else, but imagine adding an instrument of brutality, which they did in Ripley. Edge shows Ripley off to mostly boos. Priest calls on everyone to rise for the newest member of The Judgment Day – Rhea Ripley! Fans boo as Ripley poses. Ripley says joining the group was the easiest decision of her life. She saw the two of them change for the better and she wanted that for herself. She’s done signing autographs at the airport for all the little kids who come to her saying they want to be like her when they grown up, then she goes online the next day and sees the autographs on eBay. She says she’s done being used and that’s why she joined The Judgment Day. Fans give her the “What!?” treatment now.
Rhea says speaking of being used, she has some unfinished business to tend to tonight – Liv Morgan. Rhea says Liv can no longer ride her coattails and tonight she will give her a reason to cry when she destroys her. Edge hypes Priest and Ripley up some more and their unrealized potential – Priest as The Punishment, Ripley as The Eradicator, they were ships without a rudder but he is that rudder, with the direction. They are now his saints of fate. Edge reveals how he recently approached Ripley and talked to her about her true potential, which led to the split from Liv. Edge takes the credit for breaking up your favorite tag team, as he told Ripley that Liv was holding her back. He saw wasted domination and a juggernaut willing to live in the slow lane instead of dominating everything. Edge goes on and says his movement is not done, they aren’t finished yet and they are looking for more… the music interrupts and out comes Liv to a pop.
Liv Morgan vs. Rhea Ripley
Liv Morgan marches to the ring and poses on the apron as Rhea Ripley stares her down from the corner. Edge and Damian Priest watch from ringside. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and the bell rings as they start brawling. Ripley drops Liv and the referee checks on her. Ripley launches Liv across the ring, then charges in with a shoulder thrust into the corner. Rhea tosses Liv across the ring again but this time she runs into a boot. Liv fights from the corner but Rhea delivers shoulder thrusts as the referee counts.
Ripley works Liv over in the corner and takes her to the top for a superplex. Liv fights back and sends Ripley to the mat. Liv with a hurricanrana off the top rope, then a dropkick. Liv runs right into a big boot from Ripley for another close 2 count. Ripley mounts Liv with some trash talking and aggressive offense as some fans boo. Ripley slams Liv face-first into the mat and keeps beating on her to keep her down. Ripley uses the middle rope as the referee counts and warns her. Ripley with another big strike to the back. Liv tries to fight up but Rhea continues to dominate her and keep her down. The referee checks on Liv again.
Edge and Priest look on as Rhea takes Liv down into a body triangle submission in the middle of the ring. Ripley screams in Liv’s face. Liv tries to turn it into a 2 count but Ripley kicks out and then levels her with a boot. Liv with a nonchalant pin attempt and a clothesline. Ripley keeps Liv down with a boot to the back now. Liv slides out of the Riptide and mounts some offense now. Ripley swings but Liv blocks it and unloads. Liv stuns her with an enziguri. Liv with a big float-over DDT but Ripley gets right back up stumbling. Liv with double knees to the face for a close 2 count. Liv looks to capitalize but Rhea rocks her.
Rhea runs unto a back elbow. Liv comes off the top rope but Rhea slaps her out of mid-air. Rhea goes on and applies the inverted Cloverleaf in the middle of the ring now. Liv tries to crawl to the ropes but Ripley tightens the hold for the submission win.
Winner: Rhea Ripley
– After the match, The Judgment Day stands tall together in the middle of the ring as the music hits. Edge nods at Rhea and she goes to Liv for a post-match attack. Ripley rag-dolls Liv with the Cloverleaf and makes her scream out while Edge gets down in her face, laughing and taunting her. The Judgment Day stands tall again but the music interrupts and out comes Finn Balor to the stage. He walks towards the ring as the music hits again and out comes AJ Styles. Styles stands with Balor on the ramp as we go back to a break.
Finn Balor vs. Damian Priest
Back from the break and Finn Balor locks up with Damian Priest. Priest drops Balor first with a shoulder. We see Edge, Rhea Ripley and AJ Styles watching from ringside.
Priest counters Balor’s offense and unloads with strikes. Priest with a big Stage Dive hip attack in the corner now. Balor backs Priest into the corner but Priest hits the Bell Clap. Priest with a big clothesline out of the corner. Priest keeps control and launches Balor across the ring with a big Broken Arrow for 2.
Priest runs into boots in the corner. Balor attacks but Priest drops him and grounds him in the middle of the ring with a knee to the back. They both go down after Balor drops Priest with a side-Russian leg sweep. Balor mounts offense now as fans cheer him on. Balor with a double stomp and more pops from the crowd. Balor counters a big move and rolls him for 2. Balor with Slingblade. Balor sends Priest to the floor at Ripley’s feet.
Balor runs the ropes for a big dive but Ripley looks to sacrifice herself and gets in the way of Priest. Balor puts his brakes on and stays in the ring, but then turns around to a big Spear from Edge. The referee calls for the match.
Winner by DQ: Finn Balor
– After the bell, AJ runs in and goes at it with Edge but Ripley comes back in and provide a distraction, grabbing AJ from behind. AJ stops himself from hitting her, but yells at her. This allows Edge the chance to take AJ back down after grabbing him from behind. Priest and Edge hit a Total Elimination combo with Edge delivering a Spear to take AJ out again. The Judgment Day stands tall together as the music starts back up.
– Tonight’s Progressive Match Flo replay shows how Omos defeated Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania Backlash.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Omos and MVP for another must see episode of The VIP Lounge. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Kevin Owens is backstage with Alpha Academy. Chad Gable has sent one of Ezekiel’s cups sent to a DNA lab and this time next week, they will have irrefutable evidence that Ezekiel has been lying about not being Elias. Owens loves the idea. Owens says he has a special guest coming tonight and that is his older brother, Ken Owens. Owens goes on and says his older brother is going to beat the truth out of Elias, he means Ezekiel, tonight. We go back to the ring for The VIP Lounge. Omos is standing tall with MVP as fans boo. MVP says The VIP Lounge is for people who are better than the fans. He calls on everyone to give it up for Omos and respect him, touting how he dominated Bobby Lashley at WrestleMania Backlash but the boos just get louder. MVP says Omos proved how everything he’s been saying since day one was the truth. MVP goes on ranting about Lashley until the music interrupts and out comes Cedric Alexander.
Cedric brags about how “we” did it. Security stops him from entering The VIP Lounge at first, but they step to the side and Cedric enters the ring now, still talking about “we” as a group. MVP asks what he means about this “we” talk and Cedric says the three of them in the ring. MVP cuts him off and says he likes Cedric, but… the music interrupts and out comes an angry Lashley. Security charges Lashley at ringside but he destroys them with ease, running one guy into the ring post. Cedric leaps off the apron but Lashley catches him and throws him into the barrier.
Lashley and Omos face off in the ring now. Omos shoves Lashley and says let’s go, but Lashley clotheslines Omos to the floor. Lashley faces off with MVP now. Cedric jumps on Lashley’s back but Lashley slams him. This still allowed MVP to retreat from the ring. Lashley tears up The VIP Lounge but Cedric springboards back in. Lashley catches him in The Hurt Lock and rag-dolls him as MVP and Omos watch from ringside.
– Adam Pearce and Sonya Deville are backstage. Deville has had enough of this formal investigation into her conduct because they both know she gets the job done. Deville wants to know who she’s facing tonight. Pearce finally goes to explain but Deville interrupts and says she doesn’t want to know who it is because with her it’s always business, nothing personal.
– The announcers hype up Rhodes vs. Theory for 10pm.
Sonya Deville vs. Alexa Bliss
We go back to the ring and out comes Sonya Deville to face her mystery opponent. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Deville waits in the ring but Adam Pearce comes out. He says he tried explaining this earlier but the investigation into Deville has concluded and upper management found that Deville recklessly abuses her power, so now her contract as a WWE official is terminated. Pearce says Deville is still a WWE Superstar. He then introduces her opponent and out comes the returning Alexa Bliss, who is all smiles. Bliss hits the ring and poses on the apron.
Bliss brings Lilly in the ring with her and continues posing on the ropes. She places Lilly on the top turnbuckle and then we get the bell. Deville stalls some as fans chant “welcome back!” to Bliss. Bliss immediately drops Deville with a DDT. Bliss goes right to the top for Twisted Bliss and she hits it for the pin to get the quick win.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
– After the match, Bliss is thrilled while she celebrates to her music starting up. Deville is crying at ringside as we go to replays. Bliss takes Lilly and heads to the back while Deville throws a fit at ringside.
– We see some WrestleMania Backlash highlights and the announcers hype Cody Rhodes vs. Theory for tonight.
Kevin Owens vs. Ezekiel
We go back to the ring and out comes Ezekiel to a pop. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and the younger brother of Elias is in the ring and he’s fired up. The music hits and out comes Kevin Owens dressed as his older brother, Ken Owens. Owens takes the mic and introduces himself. Ezekiel says hello. Owens says don’t do that because he’s trying to prove a point, that the people really don’t believe this isn’t Elias, besides maybe a few dumbasses. Owens asks who believes this is really Elias’ younger brother and the crowd pops.
Owens insults the Hartford crowd for being idiots or liars. Owens yells at Ezekiel, telling him to cut the crap. Ezekiel advises Owens not to yell. Owens finally reveals that he is Kevin, not Ken. He demands Ezekiel admit he’s Elias. Zeke says he is not Elias but right now would be the perfect time for Elias to come out and sing a lullaby to Owens to calm him down. Owens attacks Zeke from the side and beats him down. Zeke fights back and unloads in the corner.
Chad Gable rushes the ring but Zeke hits a big boot. Otis then rushes in and now Ezekiel is getting triple teamed. Otis with a big splash while Ezekiel is held down in the middle of the ring. Alpha Academy holds Ezekiel up now, allowing Owens to drop him with a Stunner. Owens and Alpha Academy taunt Ezekiel and stand over him as the boos continue and Owens’ music starts up.
– We see how a returning Asuka interrupted Becky Lynch while she ranted on RAW two weeks ago. Adam Pearce is backstage with Asuka now, commenting on how she is more than deserving for a title shot. Lynch appears and she’s not happy with how she still hasn’t received a rematch, while Asuka is being handed a title shot. Pearce says Asuka must defeat the champion in a non-title match tonight, then she earns a title shot. Lynch keeps arguing with Pearce, reminding how she handed Asuka the title two weeks ago. Asuka interrupts and yells at Lynch, saying she didn’t need her. Lynch yells at Pearce some more as he walks off. Asuka says Lynch gave her the title to go and become a mommy, but she’s not acting like a mommy, she’s acting like a baby. Lynch ends up walking off while Asuka taunts her for crying.
Veer Mahaan vs. Frank Lowman
We go back to the ring and out comes Veer Mahaan. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Veer is staring down enhancement talent Frank Lowman. Byron Saxton interviews Frank, introducing him as being from Hartford. Saxton asks if Frank has any concerns going up against Veer. Frank says of course he’s concerned, he doesn’t want to be carted out of here after being decimated, but he has a wife and a beautiful set of triplets that expect him to survive for them, so he has to do this for his family.
The bell rings as Frank gets ready. Veer locks up and slams Frank to the mat. Veer with another big slam. Frank with back elbows to get free. Frank with a big boot to the face. Frank charges but Veer leaps through the air to take him down. Veer with a big side-slam now.
Veer whips Frank into the corner, follows up with a splash, and then hits a big clothesline. Veer jumps down on Frank’s back and then applies the Cervical Clutch for the win.
Winner: Veer Mahaan
– After the match, Veer stands tall as the music hits and we go to replays. Veer stands tall with his hands folded.
– Kevin Patrick is backstage with Cody Rhodes. Patrick congratulates Rhodes on defeating Seth Rollins at WrestleMania Backlash and asks what is next between the two. Rhodes says nothing is next. He gives Rollins some praise but says as far as he’s concerned, their chapter is closed. Rhodes mentions how Theory has so much potential but you have to dig to find potential and Theory better be ready to dig tonight because nothing sounds better than The American Nightmare as the new United States Champion. Rhodes walks off.
WWE United States Title Match: Cody Rhodes vs. Theory
We go back to the ring and out comes Cody Rhodes to a pop. Rhodes poses on the ramp as the pyro goes off. He heads to the ring and takes off his belt to hand to a young fan at ringside. Rhodes enters the ring and poses in the corner as more pyro goes off. Mike Rome does the introductions as Rhodes continues his entrance. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Rhodes looks on as we see highlights from his WrestleMania Backlash win over Seth Rollins. The music hits and out next comes WWE United States Champion Theory. We get formal ring introductions from Rome now. Fans chant for Rhodes as the bell hits. They tangle and Rhodes takes it to the corner but backs away as the referee warns him. Theory talks some trash to boos. They lock up and Rhodes goes behind. They tangle some more as fans chant “let’s go Cody!” now.
Theory stalls some in the ropes as the referee warns Cody again and fans boo. Theory with a headlock now. Theory drops Rhodes with a shoulder, then taunts him with the Stardust pose. Rhodes kicks Theory and hits the signature drop-down right hand for a quick pin attempt. Rhodes ducks a punch and goes for a back-slide. Rhodes takes it back to the ropes but Theory nails a back elbow as the referee tires to break them up. Rhodes stuns Theory with a forearm. Theory hangs Rhodes over the top rope, then rolls in from the apron with a big dropkick for a 2 count.
Theory keeps Rhodes down and covers for another quick pin attempt. Rhodes fights free and runs the ropes but Theory drops him with another elbow. Theory shows off some and wastes time but Rhodes takes advantage. Theory counters again and whips Rhodes hard into the turnbuckles. Fans boo and taunt Theory now. Theory keeps Rhodes down and works him over. Rhodes fights back but Theory hits a snap suplex for a quick pin attempt. Rhodes decks Theory and then dropkicks him,s ending him to the apron. Rhodes with a big springboard kick to knock Theory off the apron to the floor.
Theory catches a kick while on the floor and drops Rhodes on the apron. Theory clears the announce table now, then kicks Rhodes to the floor by the announce table. Theory follows but Cody turns it around and beats on him. Rhodes takes it to the top of the announce table but Theory manages to retreat back to the ring before he can be put through it. We go back to commercial with the two stars staring each other down.
Back from the break and Theory has Rhodes grounded. We see how Theory turned Rhodes inside out with a big clothesline during the break. They tangle now and both collide with crossbody attempts in the middle of the ring. Rhodes mounts some offense now and unloads but can’t put him away. Rhodes goes to the top and hits the moonsault for another close 2 count. Rhodes shows some frustration now. Rhodes comes back with a big elbow to the jaw, then a backbreaker over the knee for a 2 count. Rhodes blocks The ATL, then hits a Disaster Kick, then the Cody Cutter.
Fans pop big time as Rhodes looks to put Theory away. Rollins suddenly attacks from behind and takes him out as the referee calls the bell for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Cody Rhodes (Theory retains)
– After the bell, Rollins continues beating on Rhodes and sends him to the floor. Fans chant “you suck!” at Rollins. Rollins yells some in Cody’s face and then delivers a Stomp on top of the announce table. The boos get louder as Rhodes falls to the floor and officials check on him as he’s laid out. Rollins keeps yelling about “never again!” and the boos continue. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what Seth Rollins just did to Cody Rhodes.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Sasha Banks and Naomi vs. Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H.
We go back to the ring and out come the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions – Sasha Banks and Naomi. They hit the ring and pose on the apron before this non-title match. Doudrop and Nikki A.S.H. are already waiting in the ring.
The announcers hype Banks and Naomi vs. Shayna Baszler and Natalya on Friday’s SmackDown, with the titles on the line. The bell rings and Naomi dropkicks Doudrop as she talks some trash. Naomi with a splash in the corner but Doudrop knocks her away. They go back and forth now. Naomi tries to roll Doudrop but Doudrop splashes down on her and sits there for a 2 count.
Doudrop beats Naomi around now, using the middle rope as the referee warns her. Doudrop clubs Naomi back to the mat, then grounds her as Banks reaches for a tag. Naomi finally gets an opening with a jawbreaker but Doudrop stops her from tagging. Doudrop with a big corner splash to Naomi now. Naomi finally stuns Doudrop with an enziguri. Naomi counters and stuns Doudrop in the corner now.
Banks tags in but Doudrop catches her crossbody in mid-air. Doudrop then slams Banks and in comes Nikki for a 2 count. Nikki mounts Banks with lefts and rights as fans boo. Nikki keeps control and hits a Natural Selection to Banks for 2. Nikki calls for the finish but Naomi tags in and nails a roundhouse kick. The champs go on and hit a double team for the pin to win.
Winners: Sasha Banks and Naomi
– After the match, Banks and Naomi celebrate with their titles in the air as the music hits and they head to the back. Doudrop has words for Nikki now, asking when will she start taking things seriously. The music interrupts and out comes The Miz wearing a referee t-shirt. He walks past Banks and Naomi, and then heads to the ring while Doudrop and Nikki are still there. Miz hits the corners to pose as we go back to commercial.
Ciampa vs. Mustafa Ali
Back from the break and special guest referee The Miz is in the ring, along with Ciampa and Mustafa Ali. Miz takes the mic and says Ali has a point when he says he hasn’t been treated fairly, so WWE United States Champion Theory went and got Miz to be the special guest referee for this match. Miz says he will be impartial and he will call this match right down the middle.
The bell rings and Ciampa takes Ali to the corner. Ali ducks a shot and nails a big chop in the corner. Ciampa drops him with a right hand, and another. More back and forth now. Ali goes for a pin but Ali is slow to count. Ciampa decks Ali with a shot to the back of the head. Ciampa unloads on Ali while he’s down in the corner now. Ciampa stomps away but misses the running boot as Ali slides to the floor.
Ciampa goes on and nails a big knee strike to send Ali flying off the apron to the floor. Ciampa follows to the floor and levels Ali again, this time with a big clothesline. Miz counts as Ciampa brings it back into the ring. Ciampa approaches but Ali cradles him. Miz is slow to count once again. Ciampa stays on Ali and keeps him down with elbow strikes. Ciampa grounds Ali with a headlock now. Ciampa continues to dominate for a few more minutes. Ali manages to clothesline Ciampa as he charges from the corner.
Ali blocks a right hand and unloads with strikes. They run the ropes and Ali nails a flying forearm, then a chop. Ali with a running dropkick into the corner. Ali with a neckbreaker now as some fans cheer him on. Ali drags Ciampa to the corner and goes to the top. Ali has to roll through on the 450 as Ciampa moves. They tangle and Ciampa nails a big right hand, then a big boot. Ali comes right back with a superkick, then a springboard tornado DDT. Ali covers but Miz counts slow, allowing Ciampa to kick out.
Ali is upset now. Fans boo The Miz. Ali and Miz have words until Ciampa comes from behind, dropping Ali with the inverted DDT. Ciampa covers and Miz quickly covers for the pin to win.
– After the match, The Miz taunts Ali from the stage as Ciampa’s music hits. A disappointed Ali looks on from the ring.
– The announcers send us to a vignette from Lacey Evans. This is a condensed version of the 5 chapters that have aired on SmackDown in recent weeks.
– We see Bobby Lashley backstage pacing around. Jimmy says we will have news on Lashley’s issues with Omos and MVP. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what happened earlier as Bobby Lashley crashed The VIP Lounge. Lashley is backstage now. He says MVP is the reason Omos won at WrestleMania Backlash, and the only reason. Lashley says next week he wants Omos trapped inside a Steel Cage.
– We see what happened with the WWE 24/7 Title chase last week and how champion Dana Brooke said she wants a divorce from Reggie. R-Truth is backstage with Dana and Tamina Snuka now. He asks if they’re sure they want to go through with this, and they are because these guys are duds. Reggie and Akira Tozawa show up with flowers. Truth serves Reggie first with divorce papers. He goes to do the same to Tozawa but Tozawa throws flowers at him and says no, then runs away. Tamina tells Truth he has to serve Tozawa with the papers to make it official so Truth runs off and chases Tozawa. Reggie wants to talk with Dana but Tamina says no and ushers Dana away.
RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair vs. Asuka
We go back to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes Becky Lynch for commentary. She joins the announcers at their table as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Asuka to a pop. RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair is out next for this non-title Championship Contender’s match. We see footage of Belair and Montez Ford at The Kentucky Derby. The bell rings and they lock up, going at it. Asuka works on the arm but Belair turns it around. more back and forth with their arms now.
Belair slams Asuka but she comes right back up. More back and forth and showing off now. Asuka attacks and goes for a pin attempt but Belair kicks out. Belair comes back with a pin attempt of her own. Belair runs into an elbow in the corner. Asuka drops Belair with a kick, then hits a sliding knee for another 2 count. They trade counters again. Asuka blocks the Glam Slam and rolls Belair for a 2 count, then into the armbar off the counter.
Asuka struggles for a Triangle but Belair powers up for a powerbomb. Belair keeps control and goes for the handspring attack but Becky attacks at ringside out of nowhere, grabbing her hands and pulling her to the floor, then sending the champ into the steel ring steps. The referee calls the match.
Winner by DQ: Bianca Belair
– After the bell, Lynch gets booed as she works Belair over at ringside and then takes it to Asuka in the ring. Lynch drops Asuka in the middle of the ring with the Man-Handle Slam. Lynch keeps control and talks trash as we get a replay. The post-WrestleMania Backlash edition of WWE RAW goes off the air with Lynch talking trash from the stage.