Samoa vacates the NXT title

Sep 12, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

Samoa Joe posted a video stating that due to certain injuries WWE Medical wants him to take a brief but undetermined amount of time away to heal.

He says he will be relinquishing the NXT Championship effective immediately and gives his condolences to whoever becomes the next NXT Champion for he will be coming for them

1. TrollBuster says:

Damn, he just came back from his injury. As if there’s a higher power that doesn’t want Joe to wrestle anymore.

2. art123guy says:

Hmmmmmm. The WWE main roster let him go in April partly because he wasn’t medically cleared to wrestle. HHH rehires him for NXT 2 months later. He wrestles 1 match. HHH has a heart attack. Vince and Bruce are put in charge of NXT. Joe is once again medically unable to wrestle. Coincidence? I think not!

3. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

This feels 100% like a work.

They have the relaunch on Tuesday…….they didn’t save it for then? Or maybe Raw? They released it via him via a low quality Twitter video? I think they’re trying to do something huge on Tuesday and elevate someone we know a little about or someone we know nothing of (idk…maybe that Mini Brock guy).

4. CM Chippunk says:

Samoa Joe is the one Samoan that Vinny Mac does not have a hard-on for. Should’ve just went to AEW, Joey!

5. Samoa Joe is going to the main roster ratings are down he will be a big drawer he is done with NXT it’s all a story line my opinion anyway him and AJ Styles got a long history we just got to wait and see

6. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

@Antonio I agree its probably a work but you lost me at “big draw” with Samoa Joe lol

7. art123guy says:

Given the fact that they’ve changed the Tommaso Ciampa, Pete Dunne, LA Knight and Kyle O’Reilly match scheduled to a fatal 4 way for the title, I’d say it was a work as well. Now we get a new champ, logo and (probably) new belt on the new show produced by Vince and Bruce. If WWE knew how to book in advance like they use to, they could have had the 4 way for a title shot last week and the winner vs Joe this week. To me, it’s more impressive to beat 3 guys for a title shot AND beat Joe for the belt than just winning the belt in the fatal 4 way. Given the participants and knowing NXT is going in a new direction, I’m thinking Knight wins even though a babyface champ would end the show on a positive note.