Real name: Patrick Clark Jr.
Weight: 227 lbs.
Date of birth: August 19, 1995
Hometown: Washington, DC
Pro debut: October 3, 2014
Trained by: Calvin Raines
Finishing move: Purple Rainmaker
– Clark started his career in the northeastern indies, wrestling as ‘Rick Powers’. He would later switch to wrestling under his real name
– Clark was chosen to be a contestant in the sixth season of the WWE competition WWE Tough Enough, which began airing in June 2015. Despite being tapped as one of the favorites to win the competition, he was eliminated in the 5th episode due to a perceived lack of humility, placing 9th overall in the series.
– On October 3, 2015, Clark & Lio Rush defeated The Hell Cats (Jimmy Starz & Sexy Steve) and The Ecktourage (Eric Chapel & Dirty Money) to win the MCW Tag Team Titles
– On October 17, it was reported that Clark had signed a developmental contract with WWE. He made his in-ring debut for the company at a NXT live event in Lakeland, Florida on February 5, 2016, losing to Riddick Moss.
– Clark made his televised NXT debut on July 20, 2016, losing to Austin Aries
– In May 2017, Clark debuted the ‘Velveteen Dream’ character
– At Takeover: Philadelphia, The Dream defeated Kassius Ohno
– At Takeover Brooklyn 4, The Dream defeated EC3
– The Dream won the ‘Worlds Collide’ tournament at Royal Rumble ’19 Axxess, defeating Tony Nese, Humberto Carrillo, Jordan Devlin & Tyler Bate
– On February 20, 2019, The Dream defeated Johnny Gargano to win the NXT North American Title
– At Takeover: New York, The Dream defeated Matt Riddle to retain the NXT North American Title
– On April 17, The Dream defeated Buddy Murphy to retain the NXT North American Title
– At Takeover XXV, The Dream defeated Tyler Breeze to retain the NXT North American Title
– At Takeover Toronto ’19, The Dream defeated Pete Dunne & Roderick Strong to retain the NXT North American Title. Dream would suffer a back injury during the match and took time off to recover
– Dream returned to action at an NXT live event in February 2020
– Dream was released by WWE in May 2021