7/24 WWE house show results from Bakersfield, CA
Credit: Matt Turk and PWInsider
Rabobank Arena appeared to have sold out the floor and the 100 (middle) section. Upper section was mostly empty. The Arena holds 10,000 for wrestling show, so I’d estimate around 5500-6000 (my team used to play in the arena, so it’s an educated guess).
Lillian Garcia was the ring announcer tonight and she sang the national anthem. Triple H welcomes crowd to event via a pre-tape on the mini-Titan Tron.
1) Prime Time Players def. New Day (Woods & Big E). New Day is so much more entertaining in person. They were able to draw boos, etc. from the crowd.
2) The Miz def. Fandago. After the match, Miz runs down Bakersfield, Ryback, and the Big Show after last week’s PPV match. He claims he can beat anyone and anything. This brings out the Bakersfield Condors’ mascot, who is soon followed by the Big Show. Show knocks out Miz.
3) Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow def. Brad Maddox and Adam Rose. So in light of the Hogan firing, Axel is now clean shaven and has returned to his previous entrance video/music. Appeared he didn’t have his gear, so he wrestled in cargo shorts and hiking boots.
4) Luke Harper def. Jimmy Uso. Ironically enough this would be the only heel win of the night.
5) Randy Orton def. Sheamus. Orton wins with the RKO working out of Sheamus’ finisher. Orton slaps hands with the ringside crowd. Just before he walks back up the ramp, he got a little boy to take of his John Cena shirt before high fiving the kid and walking out.
After a 15-minute or so intermission;
6) Nikki Bella and Alicia Fox def. Sasha Banks and Naomi (with Tamina Snuka at ringside). Bella faction were the faces here, which surprised me a bit. Nikki has really improved in the ring, but Sasha is so far ahead of everybody else.
7) Cesaro def. Kofi Kingston. Other New Day members are at ringside until late in the match when they are ejected leading to the Big Swing and a Sharpshooter for the Cesaro win. I’m pretty sure Cesaro is the strongest guy on the roster with his ability to deadlift Kofi at will. Cesaro was wearing his Maple Leaf arm bandin tribute to Tyson Kidd.
8) John Cena def. Kevin Owens in a Street Fight. Lots of plunder (didn’t really expect) in two chairs, two tables, a guard rail. Cena gave a lot, including taking a table bump and plowing though the ringside stairs. Midway through the match, Owens got on the mike. He told Cena we were sick of his act after 10 years. He found a little kid at ringside with his gear on, complementing him and his family before running down a little girl and her dad with Cena gear on down the row of seats. Cena wins with the AA through the second table to send everybody home happy.