Sunday, April 15, 2007 in St. Charles, MO
– The TNA opening hits. A video package looking at prisons and the concept of a steel cage is highlighted. It then hypes tonight’s Lockdown PPV and how all of the TNA stars will compete inside the Six Sides of Steel. It ends with the deep voiced announced saying, “Fear, pain and suffering will be felt by all.”
– A graphic opening hits welcoming us to Lockdown. We go live to St. Louis where a series of pyro goes off in the entrance area and above the ring.
– We then go to Mike Tenay & Don West at ringside. They rundown the card to take place tonight at Lockdown.
– Backstage, Leticia is with “Black Machismo.” Lethal promises to come home with the X Division Title tonight.
– Jay “Black Machismo” Lethal is out first.
– Chris Sabin retained the X Division Title in the Xscape Match over Jay Lethal, Alex Shelley, Sonjay Dutt & Shark Boy. Lots of great spots between Sabin and Dutt early on. Shelley and Shark Boy also go at it, with lots of offense by Shark Boy. Shark Boy was the first eliminated after a double splash by Shelley and Sabin off the top rope. Lethal is WAY over with the Black Machismo character in St. Louis. More double teaming by Shelley and Sabin on Lethal. Dutt hit a huge splash off the top rope on both Shelley and Sabin. Continued double teaming by Shelley and Sabin. Very impressive stuff with those guys working in-sync. Funny spot saw Lethal toss Dutt halfway across the ring, go back to the ring apron and tag himself in. Another impressive double team spot by Shelley and Sabin on Lethal with Shelley flipping over Lethal, holding his head back and allowing Sabin to hit a dropkick to the face. Dutt with a huge springboard moonsault on Shelley from the top rope. Shelley gets a crossface on Dutt and Sabin applies a abdominal stretch on Lethal. Dutt counters into a Camel Clutch on Shelley and Lethal with an abdominal stretch on Sabin. It eventually gets broken up. Shelley and Sabin with four stiff kicks to Lethal that gets a huge reaction from the crowd. Sonjay Dutt was the second eliminated after a Cradle Shock from Chris Sabin. Lethal takes out Shelley and Sabin and then with a flying elbow on Shelley. Alex Shelley was the third eliminated. We are down to Chris Sabin and Jay “Black Machismo” Lethal. The two must climb out to win. Both get over the top of the cage and exchange chest chops. Sabin then kicked Lethal’s leg into an opening in the cage and jumped down to get the win to retain the X Division Title.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash was with Team Cage. They seem to be having some mic problems. Cage argues with Abyss a bit. He says Team Angle is already in trouble tonight. Borash brings up that someone on his team could get the winning pinfall tonight to get a title shot. Cage said that doesn’t matter since everyone knows he will get the winning pinfall tonight. Team Cage argues and leaves.
– A video package airs highlighting the situation between Robert Roode and Eric Young over the last few months and how Young signed Roode’s contract.
– Robert Roode defeated Petey Williams. Before the match, Robert Roode had Eric Young sit at ringside to watch the match. Roode with some early offense in on Williams, but Williams came back with a springboard chest drop. Roode responded by air lifting Williams and Williams landing face first on the turnbuckle. Roode with a huge clothesline on Williams. Roode hits a modified Rock Bottom when Williams ran at him, but Williams kicks out after a two count. Traci Brooks tries to give Roode a hockey stick, but Eric Young breaks it in half. In the ring, Williams takes out Roode with a big huricanranna off the top rope. Williams misses a dropkick to the back and Roode follows it up with a big spinebuster. Williams with a big Spike DDT, but Roode still kicks out. Young then throws Traci down and gives Williams the hockey stick. Williams takes out Roode with it a few times and referee Earl Hebner takes it away. Williams attempts the Canadian Destroyer, but Roode counters it into a snap suplex with a bridge to get the pinfall. After the match, Roode leaves the cage and pushes Eric Young down asking what he was doing.
– Backstage, Kurt Angle confronts Rhino. Angle said they have to change the order of the entrances in the Lethal Lockdown match because of what Jeff Jarrett did on Thursday to AJ Styles. Rhino said he can forgive and forget, but said it will be tough to tell Samoa Joe.
– A video package airs highlighting the feud between Gail Kim and Jackie Moore.
– Gail Kim defeated Jackie Moore. The match starts with both girls brawling on the outside. Jackie threw Kim over the announcers table onto Mike Tenay. Jackie then got some water and poured it over Kim’s head getting in a few more shots. They finally get inside the cage. Lots of back and forth action. Both try to climb out of the cage, but pull each other down. A few reversal pinfalls between the two. Kim gets in a lot of offense on Jackie, including some big scoop slams followed by a big dropkick from the top rope. Both exchange elbows near the cage door and Kim closes the cage door in the face of Jackie. Kim closes the door, goes to the top of the cage, jumps off and takes out Jackie with a big splash! The crowd pops big time for this spot. Kim covers Jackie and gets the pinfall.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash was with Bob Backlund. Another strange promo with Backlund confusing Borash.
– Senshi defeated Austin Starr with Bob Backlund as the special guest referee. Before the match, Bob Backlund checked out Senshi and Austin Starr. Starr with a majority of the offense in on Senshi, but Senshi exploded back with some stiff chest chops and shoulder blocks. Senshi with a quick elbow drop, but Starr quickly kicks out. Senshi with more chest chops on Starr. Backlund gets Senshi to back off after repeated attempts in the corner. Starr put Senshi up on the top rope and raked his back. Starr takes down Senshi and does his spinning elbow drop. Starr with a quick powerbomb off the ropes on Senshi. Senshi kicks out, but Starr turns it over into a half boston crab. Senshi gets the bottom rope and Backlund forces Starr to break the hold. Senshi with some powerful kicks to Starr followed by a springboard kick to the face. Senshi lifts Starr back first into the cage door and follows it up with a kick to the head. Starr with a big dropkick on Senshi, Starr covers Senshi and uses his feet on the ropes for help. Backlund sees this and stops the count. Senshi takes out Starr with a huge running dropkick. Senshi goes up to the top looking to hit the Warrior’s Way, but Starr pushes Backlund into the corner allowing Senshi to fall off. Starr then goes up and connects with a 450 Splash, covers, but Senshi kicks out. Starr can’t believe it. Starr gets in Backlund’s face. The two argue and Backlund pushes Starr away. Senshi grabs Starr and rolls him up to get the pinfall.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Samoa Joe. Joe says he isn’t fooled that Kurt Angle picked Jeff Jarrett to join their team. Joe said he knows what Jarrett’s plan is tonight and he begs him to do it. Joe says he will break Jarrett and anyone else that gets in the way of his title shot.
– A video package airs hyping Chris Harris vs. James Storm tonight.
– James Storm defeated Chris Harris in a Blindfold Match. During James Storm’s entrance, we see David Eckstein of the St. Louis Cardinals at ringside. Before the match, the referee has Harris and Storm put the blindfolds on. The match kicks off with Harris and Storm slowly walking around the ring trying to find each other. Storm grabs the referee thinking it was Harris. They get close at one point, but keep on searching. They finally meet up and both go for big right hands and miss. Harris uses the crowd to point in the right direction. Harris finally takes down Storm, but Storm quickly rolls away. They meet up again and Storm hits Harris with a knee to the gut. Harris decks Storm with a huge left hand, which caused Storm’s hood to fly off. A loud “BORING” chant starts up in St. Louis. Storm gets Harris, gives him a scoop slam, but misses an elbow drop. Storm’s hood comes off and the referee tries to put it back on. Storm refuses at first, but then puts it back on before looking where Harris was right at. Storm takes out Harris with a big reverse DDT from the corner. Harris comes back with a modified Stunner from the top rope on Storm. Crowd is dead in St. Louis and booing at times. They come to life when Storm starts climbing up the cage. Harris follows Storm up. Storm’s hood comes off again and Harris spears him off the side of the cage in a big spot. Both men are down as the referee starts the count. Harris’ hood also comes off allowing him to give Storm a full nelson slam. Harris thinks he has Storm, but he grabs the referee instead and gives him a Sharpshooter. With the referee down, Storm takes off his hood and gives Harris a superkick. Storm covers Harris and gets the pinfall.
– Backstage, Kurt Angle talks to Sting. Angle said he feels Jeff Jarrett has changed for the better. He tells Sting to remember one thing: they are all on the same side. Sting recalls the look on Jarrett’s face at Bound For Glory and said he will give him the benefit of the doubt tonight.
– A video package airs highlighting the change of Christopher Daniels over the last few months.
– Christopher Daniels defeated Jerry Lynn. The match kicks off with Lynn attacking Daniels right away when he hit the ring. Both try to throw each other into the cage, but block it each time. Lynn with a big high back body drop on Daniels. Lynn throws Daniels through the ropes to the ring apron. When Daniels stands up, Lynn catches him with a big dropkick. Daniels then drives his knee into the back of Lynn sending him through the ropes into the cage door. Daniels gives Lynn some stiff right hands on the mat. Lynn with a quick roll over on Daniels, but Daniels kicks out. Lynn fires back with a head scissors takedown, but Daniels comes right back with a flying spinning kick. Daniels pulls in part of the cable cord for a camera and starts choking Lynn with it. Impressive spot saw Daniels looking to hit Lynn with a huricanranna from the top rope, but Lynn slides out, springboards off the ropes and takes down Daniels with a big powerbomb. Lynn with a quick Spike DDT, but Daniels is able to get a shoulder up after a pinfall attempt. Daniels then sends Lynn back first into the side of the cage. Daniels counters a Cradle Piledriver attempt, goes for the BME, but Lynn rolls out of the way. Lynn then follows it up with a big modified Diamond Cutter off the shoulders, but Daniels again kicks out. Both go up to the top rope. Daniels hooks Lynn, slams his head against the top of the cage and Daniels pulls Lynn face first onto the mat from the top rope! Daniels covers, but Lynn somehow kicks out. The crowd starts a “THIS IS AWESOME” chant. Lynn then connects with a big side slam, but Daniels again kicks out. Both men go back up to the top rope. Daniels hooks Lynn ready to do the Angel’s Wings. Lynn fights out, gets Daniels ready for the Cradle Piledriver, but Daniels fights out of that and crotches Lynn on the top rope. Daniels then picks up Lynn, hits the Last Rites and gets the pinfall. Solid match.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Team 3D. 3D is wearing the WWE, WCW and ECW Tag Team Titles they won in their career. Brother Ray said the time for talking is over and said he is even sick of hearing his voice at this point. He said tonight – Team 3D becomes 20-time Tag Team Champions.
– A video package airs hyping LAX vs. Team 3D in an Electric Steel Cage Match tonight for the NWA World Tag Team Titles.
– Backstage, Leticia is with LAX. Konnan calls Team 3D washed up and said listening to them was like hearing a Christy Hemme promo. Yes, he really said that. Konnan said 3D is like a broken record, while LAX continues to freshen up the wrestling scene. He promised that LAX would make things look nasty when they chop up 3D.
– Team 3D defeated LAX in the Electric Steel Cage Match to become the NEW NWA World Tag Team Champions. They did the introductions of both teams by Jeremy Borash. They brought the house lights down to give the match more focus with the cage full of electricity. Sounds like they pumped over a humming sound of electricity over the PA system in the arena. Brother Ray almost touches the cage when Homicide tries putting his face on it. Brother Devon went up to the top rope, but Hernandez threw him off. Homicide tries to put Ray’s hand on the cage again, but Ray fights it off. Homicide briefly touches the cage and flips around a bit in pain. We see a shot of Brother Devon busted open. Hernandez gives Devon an atomic drop and Homicide follows it up with a knee to the back of the head jumping off the top rope. Hernandez gets Devon in a bear hug from behind while Devon held onto the ropes. Homicide kicked Devon off and Hernandez drove Devon face first into the mat. Hernandez is also slighty busted open at this point as well. Both members of LAX get crotched on opposite turnbuckles. Ray and Devon give LAX two big superplexes. We then see a shot of Konnan being brought to the ringside area in his wheelchair. A member of the Latino Nation takes out the referee at ringside. Hector Guerrero, who was on commentary for the Spanish Announce Team, takes out the member of the Latino Nation and threatens to hit Konnan with a steel chair. Hector then opens the cage door and Ray tells him to get “the f*cking table.” Hector throws a table in. Hernandez yells at Hector, but Hector closes the cage door in his face. LAX fights back taking out 3D. Homicide connects with a big flying elbow on Devon. Homicide accidentally takes out Hernandez with a flying dropkick. Ray takes out Homicide with a running powerbomb, but Homicide still kicks out. Hernandez then takes out Ray with a big clothesline. Hernandez then gives Devon a Border Toss into the electric cage. The lights flicker a bit and we hear a loud sound when Devon hits it. A slight “Fire Russo” chant can be heard. Team 3D comes back with Ray putting Homicide on his shoulders and Devon following with a clothesline from the top rope. Hernandez then comes back and hits 3D with two big spinebusters. Hernandez sets up the table and puts Devon on it. Hernandez puts on some gloves and avoids touching the cage as he climbs to the top. Hernandez jumps off, but Devon moves and Hernandez crashes through the table! Homicide then gets thrown up onto the side of the cage. Homicide sticks to the side and is electricuted. He falls off and 3D looks to hit the 3D, but the moves gets botched. The fans in St. Louis boo. They re-do it by sending Homicide into the ropes and then connect with the 3D. Team 3D have captured the NWA World Tag Team Titles. After the match, 3D hugs and celebrate their win.
– Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with Kurt Angle. Borash brings up how many feel Angle called Jeff Jarrett out of desperation for his team. Angle said his job as Captain of Team Angle was to asemble the best five wrestlers he could and that is what he did. He said Jeff Jarrett can be trusted despite what Samoa Joe, Rhino and Sting think. He said if Jarrett screws Team Angle, he screws Kurt Angle – and that would be very bad.
– A video package airs highlighting tonight’s Lethal Lockdown between Team Cage and Team Angle.
– Harley Race is introduced to keep control of the match at ringside.
– Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Jeff Jarrett, Sting, Samoa Joe & Rhino) defeated Team Cage (NWA World Champion Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Scott Steiner, Abyss & Tomko). The match kicks off with Kurt Angle (Team Angle) and AJ Styles (Team Cage). The next entrant will come out when the five minute timeclock expires. Styles gets cocky with Angle at first, but Angle comes back with some quick arm drags and uppercuts. Angle kicks Styles numerous times in the corner and follows it up with a big backbreaker. Styles comes back with some offense of his own on Angle, with lots of headlock takedowns. Angle then comes back with an Olympic Slam as the time expires. The next entrant is Abyss (Team Cage). Angle goes after Abyss right away, but Abyss drops Angle across his shoulders in a torture rack. Abyss splashes Angle in the corner. Time expires and the next entrant is Rhino (Team Angle). Abyss goes right after Abyss and spears him in the corner and then spears Styles in the other corner. Rhino attempts The Gore on Abyss, but Abyss stops him looking to hit a chokeslam. Rhino breaks away and takes out Abyss with a big shoulder block. Time expires and the next entrant is Tomko (Team Cage). Tomko hits the ring and takes out Angle with a big running slam and Rhino with a big boot. Team Cage uses the 3 on 2 advantage by taking out Angle and Rhino. Time expires and the next entrant is Samoa Joe (Team Angle). Joe takes out Abyss with an atomic drop, big boot and back splash. Joe also kicks Tomko in the face and follows it up with a big knee off the top rope. Styles catches Joe with a dropkick, but when Styles charges Joe catches him in the corner and slams him down hard. Joe hits the Muscle Buster on Styles off the top rope. Angle with five german suplexes on Tomko. Time expires and the next entrant is Scott Steiner (Team Cage). Steiner takes out Angle with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex. Steiner does the same to Joe. Steiner puts Rhino on the top rope and hits him with a Frankensteiner! The crowd in St. Louis goes nuts! Time expires and the next entrant is Sting (Team Angle). Sting hits the ring and takes out Abyss with an inverted DDT, Stinger Splash on Steiner and Stinger Splash on Abyss, Tomko and AJ Styles. Steiner gets crotched on the top rope and Sting rocks the rope to make it worse. They do a big Tower of Doom spot with Rhino, Tomko, Styles, Sting and Abyss. Time expires and the next entrant is NWA World Champion Christian Cage (Team Cage). Cage tries to go after Sting, but Sting won’t have it and gives him a Stinger Splash two times. Sting applies the Scorpion Deathlock on Cage. Time expires and the final entrant is Jeff Jarrett (Team Angle). Jarrett hits the ring and he takes out all members of Team Cage with a dropkick.
With all members inside, the top of the Lethal Lockdown cage lowers as pyro goes off from all for corners. Jarrett goes up and gets a bat, tossing it to Sting. Jarrett then gives Rhino a garbage can and tosses a nightstick to Samoa Joe. Jarrett grabs a trash can lid and jumps off hitting Abyss with it. Jarrett then takes out Steiner with shots from the trash can lid as well. Jarrett then gets a lead pipe and nails Abyss across the chest with it. Styles tries to hit Angle with a baseball bat, but Angle tosses it away and flips off Styles. Styles then low blows Angle and goes up to the top rope. Styles jumps up and gets on top of the cage. Angle then climbs up and gets on top of the Lethal Lockdown cage with Styles. At ringside, Harley Race takes out James Mitchell with a big punch when Mitchell handed Abyss a bag of thumbtacks. Tomko and Joe are up on the top rope. Joe leaps off trying to kick Tomko, but misses. Tomko jumps down and Rhino gives him a Gore sending Tomko through the cage door to the outside. On the top of the cage, Styles takes out Angle with a chairshot. Joe then takes out Tomko with a suicide dive through the cage door area. Steiner goes after Joe on the outside. In the ring, Abyss pours thumbtacks in the middle of the ring. Abyss looks to chokeslam Sting and Jarrett into the tacks, but they counter out of it. Sting and Jarrett then grab Cage and chokeslam him onto the tacks! Cage sits up with a shocked look on his face. Abyss then hits Jarrett with a Black Hole Slam. Back on top of the cage, Angle gives Styles a huge right and Styles flips off the top crashing into the wrestlers on the floor! Abyss gets another back of tacks and pours them inside a guitar. Jarrett then grabs the guitar. He looks to hit Sting with it, but Jarrett waits and hits Abyss. Jarrett tells Sting to pin Abyss, Sting is reluctant to do it, but Sting jumps down and pins Abyss to get the pinfall. Sting gets the title shot against Christian Cage next month at Sacrifice. After the match, Jarrett extends his hand to Sting. Sting stares him down. Samoa Joe and Rhino pace around Jarrett as Angle stares down from the top of the cage. Sting shakes Jarrett’s hand. Jarrett shakes Samoa Joe’s hand as well. Angle climbs down upset. Jarrett approaches Angle and Angle walks up the ramp still upset.
What did you think of Lockdown?
Thumbs Up – 32%
In the middle – 13%
Thumbs Down – 16%
Didn’t see it – 40%
Lynn-Daniels – 7%
Senshi-Starr – 2%
Electric Cage – 12%
X-division title – 9%
Roode-Williams – 1%
Kim-Jackie – 7%
Storm-Harris – 2%
Team Angle-Team Cage – 61%