Real name: Roger Barnes
Weight: 242 lbs.
Date of birth: March 30, 1945
Born: Montreal, Quebec
From: Charlotte, NC
Pro debut: 1962
Trained by: Pat Girard
Finishing move: The Garvin Stomp
– On July 2, 1971, Garvin and Ole Anderson won a tournament in Jacksonville, FL for the NWA Florida Tag Team title.
– Ronnie and Terry Garvin won a tournament on January 18, 1974 in Atlanta, GA to capture the NWA Georgia Tag Team title.
– On March 8, 1974, the Garvins defeated Robert Fuller and Bob Armstrong to regain the NWA Georgia Team Team title
– The Garvins defeated Ron and Don Wright to capture the NWA Tennessee Tag Team title on October 25, 1974 in Knoxville, TN.
– In May 1977, Mr. Knoxville (Garvin) teamed with Tony Charles to capture the NWA Southeastern Tag Team title.
– On July 17, 1983, Garvin defeated the Iron Sheik for the NWA National Television title.
– Garvin defeated Jake Roberts on April 7, 1984 in Baltimore, MD for the NWA World Television title. Garvin again defeated Roberts on July 1, 1984 to regain the held up Television title.
– On December 28, 1984, Garvin beat Bob Roop in Saginaw, MI to regain the NWA World Television title.
– Garvin defeated Black Bart on September 2, 1986 in Spartanburg, SC for the NWA Mid-Atlantic title.
– On December 9, 1986, Garvin and Barry Windham defeated Ivan Koloff and Krusher Khrushchev for the NWA United States Tag Team title.
– Garvin pinned Ric Flair on September 25, 1987 in Detroit, MI for the NWA World Heavyweight title.
– At the 1988 Great American Bash, the Garvins (Ronnie and Jimmy), Steve Williams and the Road Warriors defeated Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda, Ivan Koloff, Al Perez and the Russian Assassin in a “Tower Of Doom” match.
– Garvin defeated Greg Gagne on September 17, 1988 in Nashville, TN for the AWA Television title.
– On November 24, 1988, Garvin defeated Carlos Colon in Carolina, Puerto Rico for the vacant WWC (World Wrestling Council) title.
– In 1989, Garvin entered the World Wrestling Federation.
– At the 1990 Royal Rumble, Garvin defeated Greg Valentine via submission.
– On February 1, 1992, Garvin regained the WWC title from Carlon Colon in Caguas, Puerto Rico.
– Also in 1992, Garvin worked for Jim Cornette’s Smoky Mountain Wrestling promotion and feuded with Paul Orndorff.