WWE superstar developing a lazy rep?

Apr 20, 2017 - by Steve Gerweck

Backstage News on WWE Officials Potentially Viewing Dean Ambrose as Lazy and Complacent

This week on Raw, The Miz talked about this in his promo with Ambrose before stating that he lost all his momentum and was hardly even part of Wrestlemania when his Intercontinental Championship match was relegated to the kickoff show at the last minute and this was because he was lazy.

According to Dave Meltzer on the latest edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, it seems that when a comment or statement like this is made through a promo by the miz WWE TV, it is because a certain official backstage actually thinks believes that Ambrose has become complacent with his place in the company and that he is getting a certain amount of heat for it. SmackDown gambled when they took Dean Ambrose as their first draft pick and for all intents and purposes, he failed as the main star of the brand and wwe went with AJ styles to lead the brand instead

Source: THE SpoTLight

(Visited 1,404 times, 19 visits today)

1. Captain Ass says:

I think it’s clear that Ambrose is complacent. Even Steve Austin called him on it during his podcast when Dean was WWE champion. I’m all for “working smart”, but when you have so many others nipping at your heels for your spot and you’re being complacent…..well, it’s not a smart move on Dean’s part. He was given the ball and he didn’t run with it. Too bad for him, but he all he has to do is look in the mirror and he’ll see who to blame.

2. I think it’s more to do with him not liking being restricted with his character. If they would let him loose, I think the guy could be a great heel or anti hero but I don’t understand his in ring stuff, he’s a talented guy but very rarely do we see him doing much moves. Now that may be him being restricted there too but then you have someone like AJ Styles who’s allowed to do tons of different moves so who knows, maybe Ambrose has become lazy.

3. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

Here in HWA he was known for kinda being “meh” in terms of conditioning and effort. He gave each show 100%, but he didn’t try new things and often looked really bad.

4. Tollefaan says:

What does this stuff actually mean? What is he doing wrong? How about people stop talking in codes.

5. Dave says:

Yeah, have to agree with all comments. He has a great personality to promote, really seems passionate as well. However, he seems to lose steam quickly in matches which affects his intensity and the overall quality of the matches. He could be in midcard hell unless he steps it up in the gym and as Kyle said, creative cut him loose a little.

6. Dave says:

Hell turn him heel and make him Bray Wyatts personal hired gun. Not hard to tweak his character. Give him a signature weapon (pipe) and personality wise: a mix between Riggs outside the ring and Joshua inside the ring (Lethal Weapon). The slow and methodical trance like wrestling style could help him ultimately, however he’d need to avoid being too Orton-esque as that was recently done. Just an idea, anyway.

7. Paul says:

I had a bad feeling when he was wheeling hot dog carts down to ringside and planting mustard bombs…Not exactly in the same league as Stone Cold’s beer truck and fake gun trick…

8. Stonz says:

BUT, he is entertaining and WWE does like that part. I don’t see how he is being “lazy” though. Hell, half the guys in the locker room get gassed halfway through their 5 minute matches lol, so that can’t be it. I don’t think the guy is lazy at all, and I’m not an Ambrose fan either…. I mean he’s alright and all, but I disagree with all the lazy talk. That’s just “one persons opinion” that probably doesn’t matter that much. If he was THAT lazy he damn sure wouldn’t ever….. eeeeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeeeerrrrrr………. be given a belt or a main event match.

9. Captain Ass says:

I never really bought in to him being the main guy on the roster to hold the title. Maybe it’s his gimmick, I don’t know, but he didn’t click with me. He is entertaining and I like his unique approach to his interviews because they are VERY realistic and they sound VERY unscripted, which in this scripted world that WWE lives in, it’s refreshing to see Dean not be “average” with how he presents himself. The term “lazy” is likely a backstage thing. Some people win title after title and become complacent, because they’ve done it all. Ambrose has held every singles title, with the obvious exception of the Cruiserweight belt. I like Ambrose and he’s unique, but I don’t see him as a top level guy like AJ Styles or Seth Rollins.

10. I think he’s just bored, and who could blame him? So is the audience.