AJ Styles conference call notes: contractual situation, Dixie Carter, his book
Highlights from today’s TNA Bound for Glory PPV conference call:
– As far as his contract with TNA, he said he doesn’t know what is going to happen after Bound for Glory.
– Styles said the company respects his religious beliefs. He said there are things he won’t do, and the company knows that.
– Styles said the TNA roster is second to none.
– Styles talked about finishing his book, and looks forward to returning to the UK.
– He thinks his storyline with Dixie Carter is good television.
– He pointed out that he hasn’t had an opportunity to even compete for the TNA title for a year.
– He said he didn’t realize how stiff the six sided ring was compared to the squared ring.
– AJ Styles said of his book, he hopes people learn that he is just a regular. He takes his kids to school, and has problems like everyone else.
– He said he expects his match with Bully Ray at Bound for Glory to be “entertaining.” He said he will leave it all in the ring at the company’s biggest PPV of the year.
– AJ said TNA getting on Spike TV put them on the map.
– AJ said they need talent from the independents, but necessarily from the other company.
– He said he would love to see Delirious from ROH to come to TNA.
– He said Jeff Jarrett belongs in the TNA hall of fame before him. Styles feels he should have been the first inductee.
– Styles said he must make decisions that are best for his family.
– Styles put over the X-Division title, and doesn’t understand what has happened to it over the years. He said the titles should have the same importance.
– Styles would love to see Jarrett return to TNA television.