Vince Russo releases statement on his TNA departure

- Vince Russo released the following statement today to Pwinsider.com…

Despite the continuing rumors, speculation, and hearsay surrounding my departure from TNA Wrestling, in an effort to set the record straight, I was not fired, terminated, released, or let go from the company–it was my decision to walk away, and from there the separation was mutual, amicable and professional.

It simply makes good business sense that where someone of my talent and ability was not going to be used to their capability or capacity, that a parting of the ways was inevitable.

In closing, I’d like to thank my fellow writer and friend, Matt Conway, for giving me purpose, my friend and brother, Jeff Jarrett, for hiring me, Dixie Carter and the entire Carter family, for keeping me employed, but, more importantly, every man and woman in the locker room for giving me the opportunity, and ability, to work in the professional wrestling business for the past twenty years. Without their blood, sweat and tears . . . I would have not been able to support my family and make a living. My greatest loss by far is leaving them behind.

And truly, from the bottom of my heart, I wish TNA all the best in their future endeavors.

PS: I couldn’t help myself with that last line, but I truly DO wish TNA all the success in the world!

Peace,

Vince

Tags: ,

1. Rusty Shackleford says:

“It simply makes good business sense that where someone of my talent and ability was not going to be used to their capability or capacity…”

“Talent” and “Ability”? …yeah, ok Vince. They can’t use what you don’t have.

2. Joe says:

I was expecting it to be more like “Hahaha I’m surprised they kept me so long. I have no idea what I’m doing.”

3. Alex says:

Talent?

LOL

4. -J- says:

That b*tch is delusional…c’mon.

5. RJ Ace says:

Talent? You mean a talent for ruining the wrestling business?

6. love_synthesizer@hotmail.com says:

He did a good job, lawls!

7. Iron Sheik says:

F’n BS!!!

8. Common Cents says:

The problem with Vince Russo is that he was a one trick pony. He was sex, edginess, sophomoric humor, and that’s all great, except you have to adapt to what your audience is wanting. I think his biggest weakness was not that he was not talented or did not have the ability, but the he was not able to adapt to the change of the business. Like everyone say “wrestling is cyclical”, I’m sure in ten years or so well be back to “Puppies” and “Extreme”, but that had gotten stale, and the audience wanted something new[Albeit almost a century old, but new to them], they wanted realism, they wanted the behind the scenes, and that is why everyone is interested in the C.M. Punk angles, or the back and forth with Cena and Rocky, its all a work[Which necessarily doesn't mean that the performers don't believe or act like they portray, but the storyline is catered to there personalities] meant to give the fans the illusion of behind the scenes, which is partly like the kayfabe era.

9. Reign Supreme says:

Vince is a d*ck. 1st saying ‘t was my decision to walk away’ then ‘someone of my talent and ability was not going to be used to their capability or capacity’ and finally using a line from the biggest competition in saying ‘future endeavors’. His statement is a great reason why I have a perceived perception of disliking what he’s done in TNA. I have not clue what he did and didn’t do but the arrogance of his statement is overwhelming. It could be a work, but I’m sure the near non-existent PPV buy rates are not.

Goodbye Vinny, please take time to visit Jim Cornette I’m sure he’ll give you a greeting all real wrestling fans want to give you.

10. -J- says:

It’s starting to seem like a work the shows still stink of Russo…if he walks out at a PPV and starts his WCW the dying years crap again all one could do is laugh.

11. Hipnosis says:

I want to see Russo open up his own show. it would be entertaining. at least then he won’t be killing a show just creating one!

12. raven12516 says:

His “talent and ability” got Owen Hart killed IMO.

13. Deathedge says:

What he REALLY means:

“TNA wouldn’t let me be head booker anymore, so I decided to leave.”

Short, sweet, honest, and too the point.