Jeff Hardy Sentenced

Reported by Adam Martin of Wrestleview.com

During his court hearing today in Moore County, North Carolina, TNA star Jeff Hardy pleaded guilty to three felony charges, two counts of intent to distribute a controlled substance and one count of conspiracy to traffic in a compound containing opium.

Hardy has been sentenced to serve 10 days in jail and a $100,000 fine. He has also sentenced to 30 months of probation with possible additional jail time if he ever violates the terms of his probation.

No word at this time on when Hardy will begin his jail sentence. Hardy was granted a request to be able to travel outside North Carolina for TNA events.

Sources: Prowrestling.net, PWInsider.com

Tags: ,

1. James says:

Yeah if any non-celebrity civilian had committed the crime he did we all would be getting jail sentences in prison for dozens of years. 10 days in Jail is a joke. That judge should be ashamed of himself.

2. Rick says:

Ha!
    I hope he has to pick up to soap!

3. -Jay- says:

30 months of no Jeff Hardy f-ups? Is it possible, hope so.

4. Bumbolee says:

3 felonys and he got 10 days. What a joke.

5. Robert says:

seriously guys.. 10 days and 100.000 $ fine sounds ok for me.

One thing: nobody on this website could afford a 100k fine, so naturally “our” sentences would contain more behind-bars-days and less fine

Second thing: the US probably could use the fine more than actually SPENDING money on someone sitting in jail, feeding them and so on. Prisoners cost money.. look at your debt

Plus, jails are already overfilled in the US.. every 10th us Citizen or something is in jail, so I heard.. Leave the jail spot for people who murder someone

6. Gentleman Gaga says:

Modest in the jail…

7. Fisha695 says:

Adding to what Robert said too Jeff did something most regular people are two stupid to do… He didn’t just plead guilty but he plead down his charges to lesser ones.

8. Kerry says:

All these delays for him to get off that easy? I shouldn’t be surprised.

9. Common Sense says:

@Robert, seriously? First of all let me just say your delusional. Simply for the fact that your points are absurd. I don’t see what people viewing a wrestling website not being able to pay a $100,000 fine has anything to do with a man being sentenced to ten days and two and a half years of probation for three counts of felonies. And to your second point, is $100,000 really going to end our $13,000,000,000 debt? So what your saying is that if you have the money, you can get away with murder, and then just pay $10,000,000 and only serve two day in jail, because it will help a government that doesn’t know anything about proper accounting? And your last point, which may in fact be the most absurd statement in the history of absurdity, you say one in every ten U.S. citizens are incarcerated. Hmmm…could it be because of the relaxation of the justice system? If you got rid of the loopholes, the fancy lawyers that know how to get around the law, and stated that if you commit so-and-so crime then this is what you get, no parole, no home monitoring, no computers in prison, go to jail, directly to jail, do not collect $2 million dollars, and made prison a harsh environment where no one wants to go, then maybe things will change. But let me get back your point, your point is that there is already to many people in prison, so why put more people there……BECAUSE HE BROKE THE LAW!!! If the prison system is overpopulated then build more prisons, oh wait we couldn’t possibly spend money on something that needs to be done, wait a minute, I know of a guy that is going to pay a $100,000 fine, maybe we can put that towards new prisons, damn that man is a saint for supplying the government with the funds to build a new prison, we should give him a key to the city, oh wait he’s a criminal. Robert, if you simply stated that this man should go to a drug rehabilitation facility instead of a county jail, then I would agree with you, do I think this man was intending to sell the drugs he had, no, he was going to use them, do I think that this man needs to be stuffed in a rehab until he is capable of living a normal life[I know, addiction is a lifelong battle], or at least able to walks the streets without zapping people with a taser, yes. And before everyone gets on me about being to harsh, I am not a Republican, nor am I a democrat, I voted for Obama, but I believe what I believe, and he seemed like he was willing to change things, Am I going to vote for him this coming election, no, because he did nothing, I am a Normal person who make common sense decisions, and I wish more people would make rationale decisions instead of just following the sheepherder.

10. Ryan says:

OH MY GOD! Thank you common sense! You are my freaking hero!

11. Bommaniac says:

Should have been a harsher penalty, it seems more like the naughty corner for a bit than the major kick up the backside that he needs.

12. I’m ashamed to be an American. Only in this stupid ignorant country could something like this happen.

13. T says:

@commonsense: Build more prisons? Who will staff these prisons? How much money will that cost? Hardy will be on probation so he will be staying out of trouble (hopefully) so unlikely he will be walking down the street zapping random people with a taser. IMO your views are harsh and lack all compassion.

Also overlooking that the USA war on drugs is a failure and drugs should be decriminalized instead of locking up the user. What good is putting someone like Hardy behind bars for along time? As far as this notion that celebs get it easier with the law there are non famous people who are the same (Casey Anthony) who get away with murder.

14. Really? says:

“@commonsense: Build more prisons? Who will staff these prisons?”

I don’t know, maybe a few of the 12 million unemployed people in the country looking for work.

15. Steven says:

Who would pay those 12 million? The prisons are run by the government, and the government has no money!