Oct 22, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: John P. Parsonage
Weight: 222 lbs.
Date of Birth: April 27, 1974
From: Merrit, B.C.
Pro debut: October 1997
Trained by: “Bad News” Allen Coage
Finishing move: Devine Intervention
- In October 1997, Devine debuted against Gorgeous Vinny Vegas.
- On May 9, 2004, Devine defeated Highlander in a “last man standing” match.
- On September 26, 2004, Devine and Andy Douglas were stabbed during a fight outside of The Mix Factory (club) in Nashville, TN. Douglas was stabbed in the thigh, and Devine was stabbed in the stomach and required several hours of surgury. Devine’s gallbladder was removed and his recovery period is estimated to be about 4-6 weeks before he can start working out.
- Devine made his surprise return at the Turning Point PPV, helping Team Canada recapture the NWA Tag Team title.
- On December 13, 2004, Devine and Petey Williams defeated James Storm and Gutter at the “Night of Appreciation for Sabu.”
- On March 15, 2005, Devine underwent major knee surgery to repair a torn MCL and ACL and will be out for six months.
- Devine was renamed Havok in March 2007, while apart of Raven’s Serotonin group.
- At Final Resolution ’08, Team 3D & Devine defeated The Motor City Machineguns & Jay “Black Machismo” Lethal in an Ultimate X Match.
- At the January 24, 2008 taping of Impact, Devine defeated Jay Lethal to win the TNA X Division Championship after Brother Ray hit Lethal with a kendo stick.
- In October 2008, Devine and TNA parted ways.