Oct 12, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Tom Billington
Weight: 228 lbs.
Date of birth: December 6, 1958
Hometown: Manchester, England
Pro debut: 1975
Trained by: Ted Betley
Finishing move: Power Slam
- On January 25, 1978, the Dynamite Kid defeated Jim Breaks in Preston, England for the British Welterweight title.
- Between July 1978 and 1982, the Dynamite Kid captured four British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title.
- In 1980, the Dynamite Kid and Loch Ness Monster (Luke McMasters) teamed up to capture the Stampede International Tag Team title.
- On June 3, 1980, the Dynamite Kid and Kasavudu defeated Bret and Keith Hart for the International Tag Team title. In August 1982, the Dynamite Kid and Duke Myers teamed up to capture the International Tag title.
- The Dynamite Kid defeated Curt Hennig on September 7, 1983 in Seattle, WA for the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title.
- On November 12, 1983, the Dynamite Kid and the Assassin defeated Hennig and Buddy Rose for the NWA Pacific Northwest Tag Team title.
- Dynamite Kid defeated the Cobra (George Takano) on February 7, 1984 in Tokyo, Japan to capture the WWF Junior Heavyweight title.
- Dynamite Kid defeated Killer Khan on March 9, 1984 in Calgary, Alberta for the Stampede North American title.
- The British Bulldogs (Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith) defeated Bad News Allen and the Cuban Assassin on March 31, 1984 for the International Tag Team title.
- On August 2, 1984 in Tokyo, the British Bulldogs defeated Isamu Teranishi and Animal Hamaguchi.
- Later in 1984, the British Bulldogs agreed to jump from New Japan to All Japan Pro Wrestling.
- Dynamite Kid defeated Mighty Inoue on June 8, 1985 for the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title.
- Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith joined the WWF and Vince McMahon purchased the Stampede promotion from Stu Hart.
- The British Bulldogs captured the WWF World Tag Team title at Wrestlemania II in Chicago, IL, defeating the Dream Team (Greg “The Hammer” Valentine and Brutus Beefcake).
- The British Bulldogs beat Danny Kroffat and Doug Furnas on December 6, 1989.
- On April 6, 1991, the Dynamite Kid and Johnny Smith defeated Kenta Kobashi and Tsuyoshi Kikuchi for the All Japan All Asian Tag Team title in Osaka, Japan.
- Dynamite Kid and Johnny Smith beat Richard Slinger and Kikuchi on April 18, 1991.
- On December 6, 1991, the Dynamite Kid and Johnny Smith beat Johnny Ace and Sonny Beach.
- Dynamite Kid, Kuniaki Kobayashi, and Dos Caras beat Tiger Mask (Sayama), Great Sasuke, and Mil Mascaras on October 10, 1996 in Tokyo.
- On April 1, 2008, The British Bulldogs were inducted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.