Randy Savage dies in car accident

According to a report by TMZ.com, wrestling legend “Macho Man” Randy Savage died today in a car accident in Tampa, Florida.

TMZ spoke with Savage’s brother, Lanny Poffo, who stated that Randy suffered a heart attack while behind the wheel around 10:00 a.m. ET today and lost control of his car.

Savage was 58.

We hope to have more confirmation soon.

Tags:

1. sunshinethewerewolf says:

Wow!

2. ernie lupica says:

God Bless you, Randy Savage!

3. Thomas says:

Oh, no! That’s so sad! Poor Macho Man! Farewell, to one of the greatest of all time! I’m so sad to hear that.

4. Jose says:

R.I.P. Macho! Ooooooooohhhhh yeeeah!

5. Sander says:

Damn. I liked Macho Man very much, especialy during his WCW run.

I will miss his “Oooh Jeahhh!”

RIP

6. Matt says:

OMFG .Condolences to his family!

7. matt says:

Easily one of the greatest of all time. He was Mr. Wrestlemania before HBK. He will undoubtedly be missed by old school wrestling fans. I seriously wanna cry. R.I.P Macho Man, truely one of a kind

8. mshelez says:

I am really hoping this is a terrible mistake. I was never a fan of Macho Man’s per se but I “love” all the wrestlers as if they were extended parts of my family. Losing one of them just sucks. Macho Man was a part of many wrestling childhood memories. RIP.

9. Atlee Greene says:

RIP. ONE OF THE LEGIT ALL TIME GREATS. THIS IS A SAD DAY FOR SURE.

10. shocked says:

i am shocked

11. Kyle Christie says:

Shocker RIP

Hope noot true

12. Fulci says:

Damn. That is f’ing depressing. I still held onto the minuscule hope that him and Vince would bury the axe enough that the Macho King would finally come back to the WWE in some on air way. Could have been a great announcer once more. Not only a great in ring ability but one of the best originals on the stick ever.

RIP

13. ted says:

Wow i seen most of his matches at MSG He was one of the all time best!

14. John says:

Oh no. Easily one of my most favorite wrestlers of all time. I hope this is not true. Gosh, I just cannot believe it.

If so, RIP Macho Man. I can say that I enjoyed your wrestling career immensely.

15. Will says:

Another one of the greats,has fallen. The Macho Man was one of the greatest wrestlers that there was,period. Should of been in the hall of fame along time ago. Everyone should show some respect today,and buy a slim jim and snap into it. R.I.P. Macho Man,you will be missed.

16. Drakeo says:

F***K!!! please tell me this is a cruel joke!!!!

this breaks my heart I loved macho man!!!

RIP Randall Poffo

My deepest and sincearest condolences to his wife,family and all the millions of fans that were part of the Macho Madness.

He will be definatly be missed!

17. KAM says:

Man, I never thought I would hear that Savage died in this point and time. Even for 58, he was still young compared to how old most of these wrestling legends are when they die. My heart goes out to his family. R.I.P. Macho Man.

18. Criss Brian says:

R.I.P Macho Man. This is some of the saddest news I’ve heard in a while, and out prayers go or to his friends and family. RIP Savage, you will be missed!
    OOOOOOOOOHHHHH YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH!

19. Denis says:

Sad to hear about this. Back in the early 80s, he appeared in an ICW show in my town, and we got into a verbal jousting. After the match, as he was walking back to the locker room, I stepped into the isle and stood face to face with him. Thank God security got between us. If they hadn’t, I probably wouldn’t be writing this! He was one of the all time greats.

20. Darrin H. says:

R.I.P Macho Man you will truly be missed and thank you for everything !

21. Seven says:

RIP Macho Man.
    I’ve just recently become a fan too.. (I’m fairly young that’s why)

Poor guy had to die in such a way.. thoughts and prayers to the family!!!

22. Zack says:

Not in a million years would I have guessed a day like today would be Randy’s last. Bless you Macho Man.

23. mshelez says:

I’m on Twitter and there are quite a few celebrities giving their condolences who aren’t in the wrestling business. I hope he knew how many people he entertained during his career and how many people appreciated him for his work.

24. Bumbolee says:

Terrible news. RIP Macho Man.

25. -Jay- says:

Wow just terrible, RIP to one of the all time greats!

A true original, often imitated never duplicated, the irreplaceable Macho Man Randy Savage!

Hot 100 Women of Wrestling 150 x 150

Hot 100 tournament - hottest all-time diva: Round 1

Hot 100 tournament - hottest all-time diva: Round 1

Should The Junkyard Dog be inducted into the GERWECK.NET hall of fame?