Bad News Barrett
Feb 21, 2010 - by Jamie Cruickshank
Real name: Stuart Alexander Bennett
Weight: 270 lbs.
Date of birth: August 10, 1980
Hometown: Manchester, England
Pro debut: June 2004
Trained by: Jon Richie
Finishing move: Wasteland
– He signed a WWE developmental deal and was assigned to Louisville before be transferred to Florida Championship Wresting in Tampa.
– On May 6, 2008 in Port Richey, FL, Bennett (as Stu Sanders) and Drew McIntyre defeated Eddie Colon and Eric Perez to capture the FCW Tag Team titles.
– In February 2010, Bennett was assigned to the newly created NXT roster.
– On June 1, 2010, Barrett won the first season of NXT.
– After the NXT rookies invaded Raw, the NXT 7 were granted contracts on June 21, 2010 and formed The Nexus.
– At Hell in a Cell, Barrett defeated John Cena, which forced Cena into joining Nexus.
– In 2011, Barrett moved to Smackdown, and formed The Corre.
– On the March 25, 2011 edition of Smackdown, Barrett defeated Kofi Kingston to win the Intercontinental championship.
– At Summerslam ’11, Barrett pinned Daniel Bryan.
– At Survivor Series ’11, Team Barrett (Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Jack Swagger, Hunico & Dolph Ziggler) defeated Team Orton (Randy Orton, Sheamus, Mason Ryan, Kofi Kingston & Sin Cara).
– On December 29, 2012, Barrett defeated Kofi Kingston in Washington, DC to capture the Intercontinental title.
– On April 8, 2013, Barrett defeated The Miz in East Rutherford, NJ to regain the IC title.
– He was later repackaged as Bad News Barrett.
– On April 16, 2014, Barrett defeated Justin Gabriel to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title.
– On December 2, 2014, after an absence caused by visa issues, Barrett returned as ‘Bad News Barrett’ on Raw.
– On April 14, 2014, Barrett entered the Intercontinental Championship #1 Contenders Tournament. Over the next few weeks, he defeated Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus & Rob Van Dam to win the tournament.
– At Extreme Rules ’14, Barrett defeated Big E to win the WWE Intercontinental Title. He retained against Big E the next night on Raw
– At Payback ’14, Barrett defeated Rob Van Dam to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title.
– On June 23, 2014, Barrett defeated Dolph Ziggler to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title.
– At the following night’s Smackdown taping, Barrett suffered a severe shoulder injury which would sideline him for close to six months.
– Barrett made his return on the Survivor Series pre-show, delivering one of his trademark ‘podium promos’
– On December 29, 2014, Barrett made his in-ring return, defeating Cesaro on Raw
– On January 5, 2014, Barrett defeated Dolph Ziggler in a Best of 3 Falls Match to regain the WWE Intercontinental Title
– The next week on Smackdown, Barrett defended the title against Sin Cara
– At Fastlane ’15, Barrett defeated Dean Ambrose by DQ to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title
– In April 2015, Barrett entered the King of the Ring Tournament. He defeated Dolph Ziggler, R-Truth and Neville on his way to victory
– On the Battleground ’15 Kickoff show, Barrett defeated R-Truth
– In November 2015, The League of Nations faction, consisting of Sheamus, Rusev, Alberto Del Rio & Wade Barrett, was formed
– At WrestleMania 32, The League of Nations (Sheamus, Rusev & Del Rio) defeated The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods & Big E)
– The next night on Raw, following a loss to The New Day, Sheamus kicked Barrett out of the League of Nations