Jan 8, 2010 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Barry Mulligan
Weight: 263 lbs.
Date of birth: July 4, 1960
Hometown: Sweetwater, TX
Pro debut: 1980
Trained by: Blackjack Mulligan
Finishing move: Lariat
- On July 26, 1980, Windham defeated Masa Saito in St. Petersburg, FL to capture the NWA Florida Television title. Windham regained the title on September 3, 1980.
- Windham and Scott McGhee won a tournament on October 18, 1980 to capture the NWA Florida Tag Team title.
- On January 2, 1981, Windham and Mike Graham defeated the Cowboy Connection (Bobby Jaggers and R.T. Tyler) in Orlando, FL for the NWA Florida Tag Team title.
- Windham defeated Dory Funk Jr. on January 12, 1981 in West Palm Beach, FL to win the NWA Florida Heavyweight title.
- On September 17, 1983, Windam beat Jos LeDuc in Sarasota, FL to regain the NWA Florida title. One day after dropping the title back to DeLuc, Windham claimed his third Florida title on September 19, 1983.
- Windham vacated the title in November 1983 to embark on a tour of Japan.
- Managed by Captain Lou Albano, Windham and Mike Rotundo defeated Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch to capture the WWF World Tag Team title on January 21, 1985 in Hartford, CT.
- On June 17, 1985, the U.S. Express (Windham and Rotundo) defeated the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff in Poughkeepsie, NY to regain the WWF Tag Team title.
- At Wrestlerock ’86 in Minneapolis, MN, Rotundo and Windham defeated the Fabulous Ones.
- On September 1, 1986, Windham defeated Ron Bass in Daytona, FL for his fourth Florida Heavyweight title. Windham regained the title from Bass on September 24, 1986 in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The title would be held up, but Windham again defeated Bass in the rematch on October 8, 1986 to recapture the strap.
- On December 9, 1986, Windham and Ronnie Garvin defeated Ivan Koloff and Krusher Khrushchev in Spartanburg, SC for the NWA United States Tag Team title.
- Windham defeated Black Bart in the finals of a tournament to capture the Western States Heritage title on June 20, 1987 in Houston, TX.
- Windham and Lex Luger defeated Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard on March 27, 1988 in Greensboro, NC for the NWA World Tag Team title.
- On April 20, 1988, Windham turned on Luger and joined the Four Horsemen.
- On May 13, 1988, Windham beat Nikita Koloff in the finals of a tournament to capture the NWA United States title.
- At the 1988 Great American Bash, Windham successfully defended the U.S. title against Dusty Rhodes.
- In 1989, Windham joined the WWF as the Widowmaker.
- At Wrestlewar ’91, Windham, Ric Flair, Sid Vicious and Larry Zbyszko defeated Sting, Brian Pillman, and the Steiner brothers in a “war games.”
- At Superbrawl I, Windham defeated Pillman in a “taped fist” match.
- Windham and Dustin Rhodes defeated Larry Zbyszko and Steve Austin at Superbrawl II.
- On April 27, 1992, Windham pinned Austin in Atlanta, GA to capture the WCW World Television title.
- Windham and Dustin Rhodes defeated Terry Gordy and Steve Williams on September 21, 1992 in Atlanta to capture the NWA World Tag Team title.
- At Starrcade ’92, Windham and the Great Muta defeated 2 Cold Scorpio and Pillman.
- At Superbrawl III on February 21, 1993 in Asheville, NC, Windham defeated the Great Muta for the NWA World Heavyweight title.
- Windham defeated Arn Anderson at the 1993 Slamboree.
- In 1996, Windham rejoined the WWF as the Stalker. The gimmick was eventually dropped, and Windham joined Justin Bradshaw in the creation of the Blackjacks.
- At the 1996 Survivor Series, Windham, Marc Mero, Rocky Maivia (The Rock) and Jake Roberts defeated Crush, Jerry Lawler, Goldust, and Hunter Hearst Helmsley (Triple H).
- In 1999, Windham agreed to rejoin World Championship Wrestling. In WCW, Windham joined the West Texas Red Necks which also included Curt Hennig, Bobby Duncum Jr., and brother Kendall.
- On February 21, 1999, Windham and Hennig defeated Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko at Superbrawl IX in a tournament final to win the WCW World Tag Team title.
- The Windham brothers defeated Harlem Heat on August 23, 1999 in Las Vegas, NV to capture the WCW World Tag Team title.
- On September 2, 2000 in Carolina, Puerto Rico, the Windham brothers defeated Thunder and Lighting to capture the WWC (World Wrestling Council) World Tag Team title.
- On October 28, 2000, Windham defeated Ray Lloyd (Glacier) to capture the TCW (Turnbuckle Championship Wrestling) title.
- Windham returned to wrestling on September 19, 2003 in Ft. Lauderdale for MLW’s (Major League Wrestling) war games.
- On January 30, 2005, Windham and Mike Rotundo defeated Ron Bass and Larry Zbyszko in Tampa, FL.
- In December 2006, it was announced that Windham had signed on as a producer for the WWE.
- On December 31, 2008, Windham was released by the WWE.
- On April 1, 2012, The Four Horsemen (Windham, Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson and JJ Dillon) were inducted into the WWE hall of fame.