Kendo Ka Shin
Dec 3, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Tokimitsu Ishizawa
Weight: 195 lbs.
Date of birth: August 5, 1968
From: Tokyo, Japan
Pro debut: 1992
Trained at: The NJPW Dojo
Finishing move: Cross Arm Breaker
– On November 4, 1993, Ishizawa defeated Shinjiro Ohtani.
– In March 1996, Ishizawa won the New Japan Pro Wrestling’s Young Lions tournament.
– Ka Shin and Dr. Wagner Jr. captured the IWGP (International Wrestling Grand Prix) Junior Heavyweight Tag Team title on January 4, 1999 from Ohtani and Tatsuhito Takaiwa in Tokyo, Japan.
– On June 8, 1999, Ka Shin defeated Koji Kanemoto for the NJPW’s 1999 Best of The Super Junior League.
– Ka Shin claimed the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title on August 28, 1999, beating Koji Kanemoto at Tokyo’s Jingyu Baseball Outdoor Stadium.
– Ka Shin and Takaiwa defeated Jushin Liger and Shinya Makabe on the June 2, 2000.
– On October 8, 2001, Ka Shin defeated Masayoshi Naruse in twenty six seconds to regain the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title.
– In early 2002, Ka Shin jumped to All Japan Pro Wrestling.
– On April 13, 2002, Ka Shin captured the vacated AJPW World Junior Heavyweight title, beating Masa Fuchi in Tokyo.
– Ka Shin was stripped of the Junior Heavyweight title on February 12, 2004.
– Ka Shin and Yuji Nagata defeated Satoshi Kojima and Kaz Hayashi in Nagoya, Japan to capture the All Japan World Tag Team title.
– On October 16, 2004, Ka Shin defeated Robbie Brookside for the IC title in Hannover, Germany.
– Ka Shin and Kazuyuki Fujita defeated Manabu Nakanishi and Shinsuke Nakamura on November 13, 2004 in Osaka, Japan.