Nov 2, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Vito Lograsso
Weight: 250 lbs.
Date of birth: June 18, 1969
Hometown: Staten Island, NY
Pro debut: 1990
Trained by: Johnny Rodz
Finishing move: Swinging DDT
- On March 7, 1994, the Nightmares and Skull Von Crush beat Spellbinder, King Cobra and Jeff Gaylord in Memphis, TN.
- Vito debuted in ECW as a snobbish German character wearing a purple robe.
- Von Krush pinned Danny Doring in a non-televised match before the 1999 Hardcore Heaven in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- At Hostile City Showdown ’99, Krush defeated Lance Diamond.
- Heyman dropped the Skull Von Krush character, and he became simply Vito “The Skull” Lograsso.
- Prior to the Heatwave ’99 PPV, Vito Lograsso pinned Simon Diamond in a dark match.
- At the 1999 November 2 Remember, The Baldies (Spanish Angel, Tony DeVito, Vito and PN News) beat New Jack, Axl Rotten and Balls Mahoney in a “handicap” match.
- With no plan to utilize Lograsso, Heyman encouraged him to seek employment elsewhere. He found a new gig with WCW.
- Vito debuted in WCW as the person the Disco Inferno owed money to in the form of gambling debts.
- Vito and Johnny the Bull became the Mamalukes managed by Tony Maranara (Tony Mamaluke).
- At Starrcade ’99 in Washington, D.C., the Mamalukes defeated the Disco Inferno and Lash LeRoux.
- In a strange twist of fate, when WCW released Maranara, the Disco Inferno became the new manager of the Mamalukes.
- At the Souled Out 2000 PPV, the Mamalukes, managed by the Disco Inferno, defeated the Harris Brothers.
- On January 18, 2000, the Mamalukes defeated David Flair and Crowbar for the WCW World Tag Team title in Evansville, IN.
- One day after dropping the WCW World Tag Team title to the Harris Brothers (Ron and Don), the Mamalukes regained the title on February 13, 2000 in Leipzig, Germany.
- The following Sunday at Superbrawl, the Mamalukes successfully defended the Tag Team title against Flair and Crowbar.
- On June 6, 2000, Eric Bischoff awarded the WCW Hardcore title to Big Vito, one day after Bischoff had captured the title from Norman Smiley.
- At the Bash at the Beach 2000 PPV, Vito successfully defended the Hardcore title against Norman Smiley and Ralphus in Daytona Beach, FL.
- In the fall of 2000, WCW introduced Marie, a “sister” to Vito. It was also revealed that Reno and Vito were “brothers.”
- After a short reconciliation, Reno turned against Vito in a tag match against Kronic at Starrcade 2000 in Washington, D.C.
- Vito was released shortly before WCW was sold to the WWF.
- Big Vito defeated Nobutaka Araya on March 19 and March 20, 2003 for the WJ (World Japan) promotion.
- On June 14, 2003 in Tokyo, Big Vito and Kensuke Sasaki defeated Shiro Koshinaka and Riki Choshu.
- In July 2005, Vito signed with WWE.
- On January 25, 2007, Vito defeated Bradley Jay and Ryan O’Reilly to capture the DSW (Deep South Wrestling) title in in McDonough, GA.
- WWE released Vito on May 15, 2007.
- Vito defeated Bacano on August 18, 2007 in Bayamon, Puerto Rico to capture the IWA IC championship.
- On March 29, 2008, Vito (as Skull Von Krush) defeated Vordell Walker in Orlando, FL, to capture the UWX U.S. title.