Nov 2, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Steven Eugene Corino
Weight: 219 lbs.
Date of birth: May 29, 1973
Born: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Hometown: Sea Isle City, NJ
Pro debut: April 6, 1995
Trained by: Tom Brandi
Finishing move: Hip Toss Powerbomb
– On May 19, 1995, Corino beat Big Bad Bob for the IWA Junior Heavyweight title in Wind Gap, NC.
– The next day, Corino defeated the Midnight Rocker in the IWA Junior title unification match.
– Corino and Lance (Simon) Diamond defeated Kid Flash (Billy Kidman) and Ace Darling on November 17, 1995, for the ECWA (East Coast Wrestling Association) Tag Team title in Wilmington, DE.
– Corino and Diamond regained the ECWA Tag Team title on April 19, 1996, from Boogie Woogie Brown and the Inferno Kid.
– On January 11, 1997, Corino and Adam Flash defeated Joey Matthews and Mark Shrader for the IPWA (Independent Pro Wrestling Assocation) Tag Team title.
– Corino pinned the Italian Sensation on January 17, 1997 for the ESW (Eastern States Wrestling) Light Heavyweight title.
– On January 31, 1997, Corino and Adam Flash defeated the Headbangers for the USCW Tag Team title in Washington, PA.
– On March 14, 1997, Corino defeated Flash for the NWA World Light Heavyweight title in Swarthmore, PA.
– Corino won a tournament to capture the vacant IPWA Light Heavyweight and NWA 2000 Light Heavyweight titles on May 3, 1997.
– In the summer of 1997, signed with the now defunct USWA (United States Wrestling Association) promotion.
– Corino defeated Eddie Brown on October 11, 1997 in the finals of a tournament to crown a new NWA 2000 American Heritage champion.
– Corino captured the WWC (World Wrestling Council) Junior Heavyweight title from Halcon Negro on October 29, 1997, in Gurabo, Puerto Rico.
– On January 29, 1998, Corino defeated Joey Matthews for the SCW (Southern Championship Wrestling) Junior Heavyweight title.
– On June 6, 1998, Corino defeated A.J. Sparxx for the IWF (formerly ACW) Heavyweight title in South Plainfield, NJ.
– Corino won a battle royal on June 20, 1998, for the NWA/PWA (Pennsylvania Wrestling Alliance) Heavyweight title in Philadelphia, PA.
– Corino and Diamond defeated The Misfits on July 31, 1998 to become the NWA United States Tag Team champions.
– At the NWA 50th Anniversary Show in Cherry Hill, NJ, Corino, Diamond, Rik Ratchet, and Doug Gilbert beat Stevie Richards, Dead Man Walking, and the Pitbulls in a steel cage match on October 24, 1998.
– By the end of 1998, Corino agreed to join ECW.
– On September 18, 1999, Corino defeated Mike Brown two falls to one for the KYDA Heavyweight title in Staunton, Virginia.
– “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes and Corino starting feuding in early 2000.
– At Cyberslam 2000 in Philadelphia, PA, Corino defeated Rhodes in a “bull rope” match.
– On August 4, 2000 Corino turned babyface on The Network. Later in the month, Dawn Marie became Corino’s valet.
– At Anarchy Rulz 2000 in St.Paul, MN, Corino defeated C.W. Anderson to become the number one contender for the ECW title.
– At November 2 Remember 2000 in Chicago, IL, Corino overcame Jerry Lynn, The Sandman, and Justin Credible to win the ECW World Heavyweight title.
– Corino toured Puetro Rico for IWA at the end of November 2000.
– At the Massacre on 34th Street PPV, Corino successfully defended the ECW title against Jerry Lynn and Justin Credible.
– On April 24, 2001, Corino captured the NWA title from Mike Rapada in Tampa, FL.
– Corino successfully defended the NWA title against David Flair on August 9th at the Brian Pillman Memorial show in Cincinnati, OH.
– In October 2001, Corino announced his plans to retire from the squared circle later in the year.
– On June 27, 2002, Corino and Rapid Fire Maldonado defeated Yoshito Sasaki and Yoshiaki Fujiwara in Tokyo, Japan for the Zero-One promotion.
– On December 21, 2002, Corino defeated Dusty Rhodes and Terry Funk in Fort Lauderdale, FL on a Major League Wrestling show.
– Corino defeated Masato Tanaka on January 6, 2003 to become the first Zero-One United States champion at the Korakuen Hall in Japan.
– On March 16, 2003, Corino defeated Justin Credible for the PWF Universal title in Pottstown, PA.
– On May 2, 2003, Corino and C.W. Anderson defeated Shin’ya Hashimoto and Naoya Ogawa in Tokyo, Japan to win the NWA Intercontinental Tag Team title.
– Corino defeated Mike Awesome on June 20, 2003 in Fort Lauderdale, FL for the MLW Heavyweight title.
– On September 27, 2003, Corino defeated Shane Douglas in Helsinki, Finland to retain the MLW title.
– Corino defeated Sean McCully on November 8, 2003 in Tokyo to determine the first NWA New York-New Jersey champion.
– On June 11, 2005 in Bay City, MI, Corino pinned Takao Omori to capture the AWA title.
– Corino and Yutaka Yoshie defeated Ikuto Hidaka and Minoru Fujita on February 25, 2006 in Osaka, Japan to capture the NWA Intercontinental Tag Team belts.
– On May 27, 2006 in Doncaster, England, Corino defeated Abyss and Christian Cage to capture the 1PW Heavyweight title.
– On June 14, 2006 in Indianapolis, IN, Corino and Ricky Landell defeated “Krazy K” Kirby Mack and TJ Mack to capture the AWA World Tag Team champion.
– Corino defeated Ray Gonzalez in Naguabo, Puerto Rico on February 8, 2009 to capture the WWC Universal title.
– In late 2009, Corino joined Ring of Honor and formed a partnership with Kevin Steen.
– On April 23, 2011, Corino defeated Carlito, Shane the Glamour Boy and Gilbert in a gauntlet match to win the vacant WWC Universal title in Bayamón, Puerto Rico.