Real Name: Terry Michael Brunk
Weight: 220 lbs.
Date of birth: December 12, 1964
Hometown: Bombay, India
Pro debut: 1984
Trained by: “The Original” Sheik
Finishing move: Arabian Facebuster
– On May 7, 1992, Sabu and Horace Boulder defeated Atushi Onita and Tarzan Goto in Tokyo, Japan to capture the FMW/WWA World Tag Team title.
– In 1993, Sabu got offered a contract by the WWF. However, Sabu turned the offer down due to his Japanese commitments.
– The Sheik and Sabu beat Dr. Looser and Dr. Hannibal at FMW’s 4th Anniversary show on May 5, 1993.
– On October 1, 1993, Sabu made his debut in ECW and pinned Taz twice on the same card. The next night, Sabu upset “The Franchise” Shane Douglas for ECW Heavyweight title. Soon Sabu hired Paul E. Dangerously (Heyman) to manage him.
– While Sabu was ECW champion, he added the Television title by defeating Terry Funk on November 13, 1993.
– At FMW’s 5th Anniversary on May 5, 1994, Sabu and Damien defeated Dr. Luther and Yone Genjin.
– Sabu made wrestling history on July 23, 1994, capturing the NWA Independent World title from Al Snow in a “ladder” match that saw usage of a 25-foot ladder, the largest ladder used in wrestling history.
– In a “death” match against Chris Benoit, Sabu suffered a broken neck, but somehow finished the match.
– Sabu formed an alliance with Taz and together they defeated The Public Enemy for the ECW Tag Team title in a “double table” match on February 4, 1995.
– In April 1995, Sabu was supposed to team with Taz in a rematch with Malenko and Benoit. Sabu decided to go to Japan to fight instead and Taz had to wrestle alone and eventually lost. As a result of decision, Heyman fired Sabu.
– On May 3, 1995, defeated Koji Kanemoto for the IWGP (Internationl Wrestling Grand Prix) Junior Heavyweight title.
– In August of the same year, Sabu signed with World Championship Wrestling. He competed in WCW for only three months as Eric Bischoff fired Sabu for booking himself for other independent organizations, a firing Sabu found out about not via a phone call from Bischoff but by hearing a report on WCW’s 900 hotline.
– At November to Remember ’95, Sabu returned to ECW.
– On November 23, 1995, Sabu captured the UWA World Junior title by defeating Gran Homada.
– Sabu battled Too Cold Scorpio to a thrilling 30-minute time-limit draw at “Just Another Nite” on February 17, 1996.
– On April 13, 1997, Sabu lost to Taz at “Barely Legal” on ECW’s first ever pay-per-view event.
– Sabu captured the ECW title for a second time on August 9, 1997, defeating Terry Funk at “Born to be Wired” in one of the most brutal “barbed wire” matches ever staged.
– On June 6, 1998, Sabu and Rob Van Dam captured the ECW World Tag Team title by defeating Chris Candido and Lance Storm.
– Sabu, Taz, and Van Dam defeated Bam Bam Bigelow, Candido, and Douglas when Sabu pinned Douglas.
– At November to Remember ’99, Sabu beat Candido.
– In early 2000, WCW wanted to sign Sabu, but he remained under contract to ECW until January 2003.
– September 2, 2000, Sabu pinned Damian 666 in Tokyo, Japan.
– By the end of 2000, Sabu received his official ECW release.
– On August 11, 2001, Sabu defeated the Sandman at the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, PA to become the first MECW (Main Event Championshio Wrestling) Alternative champion.
– At the April 14, 2002 WWA Eruption PPV in Melbourne, Australia, Sabu defeated Devon Storm (Crowbar) in a “steel cage” match.
– On June 29, 2002, Sabu defeated the Sandman at the ECW Arena on a 3PW show.
– On July 17, 2002, Sabu defeated Malice in a “ladder” match to earn a NWA title shot on a NWA TNA PPV.
– Sabu defeated Perry Saturn and Simon Diamond on November 28, 2002 on a World Wrestling All-Stars show in Dublin, Ireland.
– On March 15, 2003, Sabu pinned Carly Colon in Carolina, Puerto Rico for the WWC (World Wrestling Council) Universal title.
– Sabu defeated Snow on January 24, 2004 in Philadelphia.
– On May 8, 2004, Sabu, Kintaro Kanemura, and Mike Awesome defeated Masato Tanaka, Tetsuhiro Kuroda, and Tomoaki Honma in Yokahoma, Japan.
– At Hardcore Homecoming on June 10, 2005 in Philadelphia, Sabu defeated Terry Funk and Shane Douglas in a three way match.
– At ECW’s One Night Stand PPV, Sabu defeated Rhyno.
– Sabu defeated Abyss in a bloody “Barbed Wire Massacre” match at the 2005 Turning Point PPV.
– A day after losing at TNA’s Lockdown PPV, Sabu signed with WWE to be apart of the ECW brand.
– Sabu defeated Kintaro Kanemura on June 16, 2006 in Tokyo.
– On July 2, 2006, traveling with Rob Van Dam, Sabu was arrested and charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and nine unidentified pills (controlled substance) in a Hanging Rock, Ohio traffic stop after an ECW event.
– On July 5, 2006, it was announced that Sabu would be fined $1000 based on the guidelines of WWE’s Wellness Policy.
– At Survivor Series ’06, Team Cena (Cena, Kane, Bobby Lashley, Rob Van Dam and Sabu) defeated Team Big Show (Big Show, Test, Umaga, MVP and Finlay).
– At Wrestlemania 23, the ECW originals (RVD, Tommy Dreamer, Sabu and The Sandman) defeated the New Breed (Kevin Thorn, Matt Striker, Elijah Burke, and Marcus Cor Von).
– Sabu was released by WWE on May 15, 2007.
– At AAA’s TripleMania on July 15, 2007, Sabu, Ron Killings, Head Hunter A, and Rikishi defeated La Parka, Rikishi, Zorro, and The Animal.
– On October 7, 2007, Sabu fought AWF Australasian Champion TNT to a no-contest
– Sabu made a return to TNA in 2010, participating in their EV2.0 storyline
– At Turning Point ’10, Sabu was the man pinned in a 10-Man Tag Team Match. As a result, he was legitimately released from TNA, having been originally told it was a storyline.
– On November 10, 2013, Sabu defeated Big Geert, Gabriel Angelfyre & Tengkwa in a Four Corners Match to win the PWH Heavyweight Title
– On December 6, Sabu defeated Darrell Jackson to win the PWASD Cruisercore Title
– On January 31, 2014, Sabu fought The Great Akuma to a no-contest to retain the PWASD Cruisercore Title
– On April 6, Sabu defeated Big Geert & Tengkwa to retain the PWH Heavyweight Title
– A week later, Sabu fought XIW Extreme Champion Dragorion to a no-contest
– On October 18, Sabu defeated Balls Mahoney to win the vacant WWL Extremo Title
– On June 30, 2015, Sabu was voted into the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame.
– At House of Hardcore XI, Sabu defeated Abyss in a Monster’s Ball Match
– On May 21, 2016, Sabu defeated BLK Jeez & Buzz Bloodsaw in the final of a tournament to win the vacant BCW Heavyweight Title