Kerry Von Erich
Oct 15, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Kerry Gene Adkisson
Weight: 275 lbs.
Date of birth: February 3, 1960
Date of death: February 18, 1993
Hometown: Denton, TX
Pro debut: 1979
Trained by: Fritz Von Erich
Finishing move: The Claw
– Von Erich and Bruiser Brody defeated Mark Lewin and Killer Brooks on July 23, 1979 to win the World Class Texas Tag Team title.
– Von Erich and Sweet Sugar Brown defeated Gino Hernandez and Pak Song on August 1, 1980 in Houston, TX to regain the World Class Texas Tag Team title.
– On December 28, 1980, Kerry, subbing for his brother Kevin, defeated Hernandez in Ft. Worth, TX for the NWA/World Class American Heavyweight title.
– Von Erich defeated Ernie Ladd on June 4, 1981 to regain the NWA American title.
– On July 4, 1981, Von Erich defeated the Grappler at the Superdome in New Orleans, LA to retain the American title.
– Von Erich defeated Bugsy McGraw on March 8, 1982 to reclaim the American title.
– Von Erich beat Harley Race in a “no DQ” match on June 4, 1982 at Fritz Von Erich’s Retirement Show in Irving, TX.
– On June 17, 1983, Von Erich and Brody beat Michael Hayes and Terry Gordy to win the World Class American Tag Team title in Dallas, TX.
– Kerry, Kevin and David Von Erich defeated the Fabulous Freebirds on July 4, 1983.
– On November 19, 1983, Von Erich beat the Missing Link.
– Von Erich defeated Hayes in a “loser leaves town steel cage” match on November 24, 1983.
– On April 7, 1984, Von Erich beat Masao Ito in New Orleans.
– Von Erich defeated Ric Flair on May 6, 1984 in Irving, TX for the NWA World Heavyweight title.
– On October 27, 1984, Von Erich defeated Butch Reed in an “arm wrestling” match.
– Von Erich downed Hernandez to regain the American title on October 29, 1984.
– On Thanksgiving ’84, Von Erich and Iceman King Parsons beat Jake Roberts and Kelly Kiniski.
– At the 2nd Annual Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions on May 5, 1985, Von Erich defeated the One Man Gang. The match was a “Kerry’s hair vs. Gary Hart’s hair” match.
– Von Erich defeated Jimmy Garvin at AWA’s Superclash on September 28, 1985 in Chicago, IL.
– At the 3rd Annual Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions on May 4, 1986, Kerry and Lance Von Erich and Steve Simpson (subbing for Kevin Von Erich) defeated the Fabulous Freebirds for the World Class Six Man Tag Team title. In all, Kerry captured a piece of the World Class Six Man Tag Team title eight times.
– Kerry and Kevin Von Erich beat Chris Adams and Hernandez on October 6, 1985 in a “no DQ hair vs. hair” match.
– On November 25, 1987 in Ft. Worth, TX, Kerry and Kevin Von Erich defeated Frank Lancaster and Brian Adias for the World Class Tag Team title.
– Kerry and Kevin Von Erich beat Shiro Koshinaka and Keiji Mutoh in Tokyo, Japan on December 4, 1987.
– On Christmas Day ’87, Von Erich won a 24-man pole battle royal.
– Von Erich defeated Al Perez on March 6, 1988 in Dallas, TX to win the World Class Heavyweight title.
– At the 5th Annual Von Erich Memorial Parade of Champions on May 8, 1988, Von Erich defeated Parsons to regain the World Class Heavyweight title in Irving, TX.
– Kerry and Kevin Von Erich beat Parsons and Terry Taylor on July 1, 1988 for the World Class Tag Team title. The Von Erich brothers were award a third World Class Tag Team title in February 1989 when the Samoan Swat Team left the promotion.
– On November 4, 1988, Von Erich pinned Lawler in Dallas, TX to claim his third World Class title.
– Von Erich was recognized as the first World Class Texas champion on June 1, 1990 following the World Class-USWA split.
– On March 12, 1989, Von Erich and Jeff Jarrett defeated Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden in Ft. Worth, TX for the World Class Tag Team title.
– After Fritz Von Erich closed the World Class territory, Von Erich signed with the WWF and became the Texas Tornado.
– On August 27, 1990 at Summerslam, the Texas Tornado defeated Mr. Perfect to win the International title in Philadelphia, PA.
– At Wrestlamania VII in Los Angles, CA, Von Erich defeated Dino Bravo.
– At the 1991 Summerslam, Von Erich, Ricky Steamboat, and Davey Boy Smith defeated Power and Glory and the Warlord.
– Von Erich teamed with Sgt. Slaughter, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and Tito Santana to defeat Col. Mustafa, the Berzerker, Skinner, and Hercules at the 1991 Survivor Series in Detroit, MI.
– After missing a series of scheduled house shows, Von Erich was fired by the WWF.
– On April 4, 2009 in Houston, TX, the Von Erich family was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by Michael P.S. Hayes.