Oct 12, 2009 - by Steve Gerweck
Real name: Ray Traylor
Weight: 315 lbs.
Date of birth: May 2, 1962
Date of death: September 22, 2004
From: Cobb County, GA
Pro debut: 1985
Trained by: Ted Allen
Finishing move: Bossman Slam
- Traylor joined the NWA as Jim Cornette’s “corporate security,” or his personal bodyguard.
- Big Bubba Rogers beat Ronnie Garvin via knockout in a “Louisville street fight” match at the 1986 Starrcade.
- On April 19, 1987 in Muskogee, OK, Big Bubba defeated the One Man Gang for the now defunct UWF title.
- On March 27, 1987 in Tokyo, Japan, Big Bubba pinned Shunji Takano.
- Traylor joined the WWF and debuted the Big Bossman gimmick on June 1, 1988 in San Francisco, CA.
- At Summerslam ’88, the Big Bossman defeated Koko B. Ware at Madison Square Garden.
- At Wrestlemania V, Akeem (One Man Gang) and the Big Bossman beat The Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels).
- The Big Bossman defeated Scott Casey at Wrestlefest ’88 in Milwaukee.
- On October 25, 1988, Big Bossman pinned Jim Powers on NBC’s Saturday Night’s Main Event.
- The Big Bossman defeated Akeem in under two minutes at Wrestlemania VI.
- Hulk Hogan, Jim Duggan, Big Bossman, and Tugboat (The Hulkamaniacs) beat Earthquake, Haku, Dino Bravo, and The Barbarian (The Natural Disasters) at the 1990 Survivor Series.
- The Big Bossman pinned The Barbarian at the 1991 Royal Rumble in Miami.
- At Wrestlemania VII, the Big Bossman beat Mr. Perfect via disqualification in Los Angeles.
- The Big Bossman pinned The Mountie in a “jailhouse” match at Summerslam ’91.
- The Big Bossman, Virgil, Sgt. Slaughter, and Jim Duggan beat the Nasty Boys, Repo Man, and The Mountie at Wrestlemania VIII.
- In 1993, the Big Bossman left the WWF.
- At the “K Town Showdown” in August 1993, The Big Bossman pinned Kevin Sullivan in a “Singapore spike” match in Knoxville, TN.
- On October 23, 1993, “Dr. Death” Steve Williams and Big Bubba beat Danny Spivey and Johnny Ace in Tokyo, Japan.
- Williams and Big Bubba finished fourth in the 1993 Real World Tag League for All Japan Pro Wrestling.
- By the end of 1993, Traylor joined WCW as the Boss to feud with Rick Rude. He later became the Guardian Angel.
- Big Bubba Rogers defeated Sting at Uncensored ’95.
- At World War III in 1995, Big Bubba Rogers pinned Jim Duggan in a “taped fist” match in Norfolk, VA.
- Big Bubba Rogers beat Hugh Morrus in a “Mexican Death” match at Souled Out ’97.
- Upon being kicked out of the nWo, Big Bubba simply went by his real name, Ray Traylor.
- At Souled Out ’98, Traylor and the Steiner brothers defeated the nWo team of Konnan, Scott Hall, and Buff Bagwell in Dayton, OH.
- Traylor returned to the WWF in the fall of 1998 as Mr. McMahon’s head of security.
- On December 14, 1998, the Big Boss Man and Ken Shamrock defeated the New Age Outlaws for the WWF World Tag Team title.
- The Big Boss Man defeated the Road Dogg at the 1999 Royal Rumble in Anaheim.
- At the 1999 St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, the Big Boss Man pinned Mideon.
- The Big Boss Man defeated Al Snow for the Hard-core title at the 1999 “Fully Loaded.”
- The Big Boss Man tricked Snow into “eating” his pet dog Pepper.
- Boss Man and Bull Buchanan defeated D-Lo Brown and the Godfather at Wrestlemania 2000 in Anaheim, CA.
- On September 13, 2000, Traylor underwent minor knee surgery.
- At the December 18, 2001 “Smackdown” taping in New Orleans, LA, the Big Boss Man interfered in the Steve Austin-Booker T “first blood” match, allowing Booker to win the contest.
- In the summer of 2002, the Boss Man was assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling to coach the developmental talent.
- At Korakuen Hall on January 12, 2004, the Big Boss Man attacked “Dr. Death” Steve Williams (serving as Ted DiBiase’s secret weapon).