Jimmy Smith: “Roman Reigns can’t fight”

Oct 10, 2022 - by Steve Gerweck

Former RAW announcer Jimmy Smith was on MMA on Sirius XM and he spoke bluntly about Roman Reigns saying that “Reigns can’t fight and is just a muscular dude”.

Smith: “Roman Reigns can’t fight. He looks like he can fight. He’s just a big muscular dude…..WWE is all about the visual.”

1. Jason says:

Agreed. I don’t think he’s good at all.

2. Stonz says:

I agree with Jason. I don’t think the WWE writers can come up with any good ideas for storylines, so they just keep the belt on Reigns and keep following this horsesh*t “Bloodline” angle. It is tired and boring, and the crowds and people at home pretty much think the same thing, according to the ratings.

3. mth says:

Last time I checked, Roman Reigns isn’t doing MMA, he’s doing pro wrestling. Last time I checked pro wrestling is not actually fighting. He’s extremely good at pretending to fight, which is his actual job, so who cares if he can fight for real? I’m sure plenty of action movie stars aren’t nearly as tough as their on-screen personas, either because THEY DON’T HAVE TO BE.

4. RJ Ace says:

Yeah which is why WWE is an entertainment company and not an MMA promotion lol. Marketability is more important than being able to fight “for real”. Mr. T couldn’t actually win the World Heavyweight Boxing Championship Jimmy. Such a stupid take 🤦‍♂️

5. Luke says:

Don’t tell him Christopher Reeve couldn’t fly…

6. Brad says:

He may not be a shoot fighter like Brock Lester on Kurt Angle, but hey I’m not going to pick a fight with him anytime soon. I doubt if Jimmy will either.

7. Imma Hullo says:

Last time I checked MMA isn’t “real fighting” either. It’s an exhibition in a safe little cage with a referee and/or judges. It may be realer than stunt fighting that makes up the carny art of pro wrestling, but let’s not pretend most MMA fighters would die if they had to fight someone who was legit out to harm or kill them, rather than in their safe little cage space.

8. Pisto75666 says:

Well Jimmy, you can’t commentate wrestling so I guess that makes you both even?

9. RJ Ace says:

@Imma Hullo – Are you referring to someone having a weapon against an MMA fighter? Lol because a UFC fighter would KILL any regular human being in straight up hand to hand combat with no rules. The rules protect them from killing each other.