Wrestling community comment on the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade

Jun 24, 2022 - by Steve Gerweck

—–

1. art123guy says:

Yay! Now fetuses can grow up to be gunned down in school as God intended!

2. Iceman says:

Glenn Jacobs is such a major hypocrite. He talks about how he wants to eliminate big government and he claims to be a libertarian, yet he wants big government to prohibit a woman for determining what she does with her own body. This is the most diametrically opposite from a libertarian position on practically anything.

art123guy, your comment is spot on. The RepubliKKKan Party doesn’t give a damn about the lives of babies or children if they won’t do a damn thing to stop school shootings.

3. Breen says:

No one is eliminating your precious abortions, the courts only is allowing each state to make that determination for itself. Most states will still allow abortions, some will put more ridged restrictions on them. If you don’t like your state’s abortion policy, work to change it or find a state that reflects your values. But quit being such drama queens.

4. Nolo King says:

Amazing news during a dark period in American history. Move to a state that supports this gross practice

5. art123guy says:

Drama queens, good one. Let’s talk about SOME type of gun control or the 2020 election and see who’s the drama queen. Just sayin’.

6. VincePwndAEW says:

Welcome to 1930 America.

7. Luke says:

@Nolo King
    It’s good that we have people like you who tell us what’s right and wrong without relying on any arguments or facts. Keep shining in this darkness, my liege, we’ll all start blindly banging into walls without you.

On a serious note, the biggest problem worldwide is overpopulation. Humans weren’t meant to live off the ground. When we’re FORCED to build up, it means there are too many of us. Also, when there’s hunger in the world, it means there are too many of us. Should we do something to make it so there will be more of us? Draw your own conclusions, but remember that this is the world your children will live in and whatever happens they will have it worse than we do anyway.

8. Really? says:

Fascinating. Waiting with bated breath for members of the Supreme Court to weigh in on NXT 2.0 vs. classic NXT with the same level of expertise and relevance.

9. Sob says:

@breen go back to your mom’s basement and keep sitting on your left hand so it feels like someone other than yourself loves you

10. Joseph says:

I’m not 100% against abortion. When it comes to the mothers health or in certain cases, I think it should be an available option. But I’m not for abortion when it comes to getting rid of an inconvenience.
    The number one reason for unplanned pregnancies is not using any form of birth control. How many unplanned pregnancies and abortions would be avoided if people just used their brains?

11. Luke says:

@Joseph
    I agree. I never wanted to make kids and I never did (I’m not my son’s biological father), so it’s more than doable. Thing is, stupid people won’t start using their brains. And the more people we’ve got, the more stupid people we’ve got. And the stupid tend to reproduce faster than the rest, so the share of the stupid also keeps growing. And that takes us right back to the problem of human overpopulation. As much as I hate to say it, abortion helps reduce it.

12. DB says:

SCOTUS made the correct decision. Infanticide is one of the worst crimes that can be inflicted due to the victim’s innocence and inability to defend themselves.

As @Joseph above has stated, inconvenience is not a viable solution. The democrats were discussing murdering a baby after the birthing process. How much further will they push to terminate a person later in life? At what age?

@Iceman, if you have a minute understanding of US history, you would understand that the KKK were the militant thugs of Democrats, much like ANTIFA is today.

13. Joseph says:

@Luke – I’m not sure we’re overpopulated and from what I read, the population growth is actually decreasing. In 1970 the yearly growth was 2.07 % and in 2020 it was down to 1.05 % with each previous years becoming less and less. At the same time urban population grew from 36.6 % in 1970 to 56.2 % in 2020. This means that more and more people were moving to and living in the cities. So in my opinion the only places that are overpopulated are the cities where people are cramming in to find space.

@DB – And sadly some states will still have that option. This overturning of Roe V. Wade doesn’t get rid of abortion. It simply puts it back into the hands of the states, So a state like California can say abortion is legal at six months and Texas can say abortion is legal up to the detection of a first heart beat.

14. Luke says:

@Joseph
    Ok, let’s do the math with your data. 1970 population = 3 billion 700 million. 2.07% growth = around 76,5 million. 2020 population = 7 billion 800 million (over doubled in just 50 years!!!). 1.05% growth = almost 82 million. So there goes that argument out the window.
    And sure, it’s the cities that are overpopulated. Not a factor in this discussion.
    Now, let’s screw the math for a second and answer one simple question. When is enough? When do politicians and other global authorities say that “yeah, we’ve got too many people, we need to dial it down, everyone please stop multiplying”? I say never, because we have this flawed thing called economy, which is completely unsustainable in the long run. We need to stop listening to politicians. Democracy is not the best system in the world. Democracy is the system where two idiots are more important than one genius. We need to start listening to smart and caring (just to be clear: smart AND caring, not smart OR caring) people, not politicians, not religious authorities, not anyone or any group that just wants to exploit us. We need to find a way to start working together, not letting idiots divide us.

15. Joseph says:

@Luke – It’s not my math. It’s data from sites that track population growth like world population, population growth, and a number of other sites that all say the same thing. The birth rate is constantly decreasing. It’s not saying that people stopped having babies. It’s saying that the growth rate is decreasing each year. If we had 3,700,437,046 people in 1970 and it increased steadily at 2.07% from 1970 to 2020, how many people would we have? Would it be 7,794,798,739 or would it be a lot more?

16. Luke says:

@Joseph
    You’re fighting facts. I never said “your math”, I said “your data”. As in the data you provided. I’m not arguing that data. I just did the math with that data to show you that a declining growth rate means nothing, it’s just statistical manipulation.
    Let’s try something different. You get punched in the face twice and lose three teeth. Some time later you get punched in the face just once and still lose three teeth. The punch rate is going down. Does that make you happy or are you just as pissed as you were the first time around?

17. Joseph says:

@Luke – It’s your opinion that we are overpopulated and it’s mine that we’re not.

18. Luke says:

@Joseph
    It’s not an opinion. I gave you facts, you chose to ignore them (and a very important question). I could give you more facts, but you’ll do the same.

19. Joseph says:

@Luke – Facts or opinions?

20. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

@Iceman what is said isn’t big government or anti-Libertarian at all. He’s in favor it of it being a state issue, which isn’t all-encompassing, and someone can dictate what laws they wanna live under by picking a region to live in. It’s less than big government.

21. Luke says:

@Joseph
    Facts. Just because they don’t fit in your agenda doesn’t make facts opinions. Sorry, I’m out, this discussion is pointless.

22. Joseph says:

@Luke – if overpopulation is a fact and not an opinion than why did China, who has the most people, relax their one child policy and now permit up to three kids?

23. Luke says:

@Joseph
    Wow. I never thought… Never mind.
    I’m talking about the fact that governments don’t give a damn about you or me and you’re throwing me one of the least caring of them all…
    Because they don’t care about the future, the planet, lives, those kinds of things. Because it fits their current agenda. Why do you think? So our lives will be that much better?
    China… Goddammit, Joseph…

24. Joseph says:

@Luke – I said the birth rate is declining and you say it’s statistical manipulation. You said abortion helps control overpopulation. I said that China relaxed their one child policy and they now permit up to three kids. implying that it was done due to their declining birth rate and population growth. Now you say that the government doesn’t give a damn about you or me. Of course the government doesn’t give a crap about anyone but themselves. The sad truth is that neither do most people. But I am honestly failing to see your point. Are you saying that we as a people should decide on abortion? If so, isn’t that exactly what has been done with the overturning of Roe V. Wade? Didn’t they send it back to the states where the people can vote on it? Didn’t they put it back into the hands of the people?

25. Luke says:

@Joseph
    You missed so many points that it’s no longer funny, so I’ll just address your questions.
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3 & 4. No. What people? Politicians? See my comment about democracy.
    This conversation is getting scary.