More WWE drama: Stephanie vs. Kevin Dunn, company could terminate Vince

Jun 18, 2022 - by James Walsh

Stephanie McMahon is now the interim CEO and Chairwoman of the WWE after Vince McMahon stepped down from both roles. It had been reported that many of the staff and talent in WWE are excited with Stephanie in charge, as she’s said to be well-liked. That doesn’t mean everyone is on board, however.

In an interview with Busted Open Radio (via Wrestling Inc), Wrestlenomics’ Brandon Thurston spoke about Stephanie’s new role and said that she reportedly does not get along with producer Kevin Dunn.

He said: “I’m skeptical that much is going to change for Vince day-to-day. I think he’s still going to go to TV, and he’s still going to work in the office at WWE Headquarters. I know that Stephanie is going to be interim CEO, but I’ve heard from many people that Stephanie and Kevin Dunn, for example, don’t like each other. And as long as someone like Kevin Dunn has a job at WWE, this seems to be for public consumption, looking around at some of the headlines that I see in mainstream media today. I think WWE is getting the response in the headlines that they want.“

Speaking of Thurston…

1. James says:

Hopefully, she kicks Kevin Dunn out of the company.

2. Alex says:

Can’t wait for that “they playing checkers while I’m out here playing chess” Nick Khan promo.

3. John Wayne says:

Is it just me or does this sound like more hype to boost ratings? If Kevin Dumbo is the producer he should be canned because WWE’s content is the worst it’s been in many years. Do I believe good old boy Vince is molesting employees? Absolutely! Do I believe anything will come of this? Not a chance. They won’t ever convict VKM of anything and let’s face it this won’t even correct the ratings of a failing wrestling promotion! Case in point the build up of Austin theory? He sucks on promos, his selfies are lame and he is a mid card wrestling talent at best! I used to watch all 3 hours of Raw. Now I’m lucky if I watch 1/2 hour of it because it sucks! From “we want the smoke” which is a gang related term attached to guns to the stupid plastic cups routine and letting a really poor wrestler break a talented wrestlers neck effectively ending his career and then white washing over it WWE is quickly becoming a bad joke!!!

4. Nolo King says:

It blows my mind that many have unwarranted hatred for a fantastic producer because some obese, vulgar, and insecure child that was fired for assaulting a staff member, went on a vicious tirade

5. Luke says:

It blows my mind that anyone can consider Kevin Dunn a “fantastic producer” in the context of wrestling. It also blows my mind how the average contemporary human being loves using “hatred” as a crutch to support personal agendas.

6. Logical Thinker says:

Kevin Dunn is what is awful about the product. For awhile he had it his way on Becky Lynch lack of push.
    Anyone remember No one can understand you you with that :”accent”, she wasn’t the only talent either.
    Bucky boy has a problem which is called xenophobia. I heard enough stories by Cornette on him that validates Bucky’s character or lack thereof. Especially where hardcore wrestling fans will know celebrities more than they would remember established stars in the past. Corny used the Freebirds. Mind you this was a decade removed from tearing up houses in World Class, runs in AWA and Crockett.

7. Mackdeezy says:

Kevin Dumb is the reason we had that stupid marriage proposal at Mania between Cena and Nikki Bella. We could have had a good match, but “nahhh, trust me, people wanna see John uncomfortably ask Nikki to marry him.”