WWE RAW Report – 5/23/22
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up on the USA Network with a look back at Friday’s SmackDown and how Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns helped The Usos defeat RK-Bro to become the inaugural Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions. We also see how The Bloodline destroyed Riddle and Randy Orton after the match. We’re now live from the Ford Center in Evansville, Indiana as Jimmy Smith welcomes us to RAW. He’s joined at ringside by Corey Graves and Byron Saxton. The announcers hype a big six-man with The Street Profits and Riddle vs. The Usos and Sami Zayn.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Riddle to a pop. He comes out on his scooter but there’s no sign of Randy Orton. Riddle slaps hands with fans at ringside as he heads to the ring all smiles as Mike Rome does the introduction. Riddle enters the ring and gets a bit serious now.
Riddle takes the mic as a “Bro!” chant breaks out. Riddle says this is hard, he’s here with a heavy heart. Orton is his mentor and hero, his dude, his bro. Fans chant “RK-Bro!” now as Riddle gets emotional. Riddle says the past few years have been hard for Orton, the past few months – while they’ve been having a lot of fun together, Orton has had a really hard time and his back has been giving him problems. Riddle says Orton could barely walk before Friday’s Winners Take All match, and he knew Orton had the match and wouldn’t let Riddle down because of how much it meant to Riddle and to the fans.
Riddle says RK-Bro lost to The Usos, calling them one hell of a team that’s done it all. Riddle tips his hat to The Usos but says for them to win that way while Roman Reigns interfering… Riddle says Reigns is nothing but a tribal piece of trash. Riddle promises to get his revenge on The Bloodline and anyone else who is a part of them before his career is over, he swears by it. Riddle says Orton has done a lot for him and he loves Orton, he appreciates Orton, and knows Orton is watching at home. Riddle tells him he loves him two more times, then a “Randy!” chant breaks out.
Riddle says but to be honest, he doesn’t know what the future holds for RK-Bro, if the team will ever be a thing again, but he knows Orton is watching at home and he thinks the fans can help him with one thing. Riddle calls for the crowd to stand up and say “RK-Bro!” a few times. The chant continues as Riddle plays to the crowd and we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers hype up tonight’s line-up, including Veer Mahaan on King’s Court with WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler, AJ Styles and Liv Morgan vs. Rhea Ripley and Damian Priest, plus more.
Riddle and The Street Profits vs. Sami Zayn and Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos
We go back to the ring and Riddle is waiting. The music hits and out come The Street Profits – Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins. Sami Zayn is out first for his team. The first-ever Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos appear on the big screen now – Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso. They brag on winning all the gold on Friday night, then head to the ring as the music hits.
Riddle rushes up the ramp and attacks the champs on the stage. The Profits and Sami also get involved. Officials rush out from the back and they are trying to restore order but the brawl just continues. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ford is going at it with Sami. Riddle tags in but immediately runs across the ring to knock The Usos off the apron. Sami takes advantage of the distraction and beats Riddle down, then stomps away. Sami keeps control and grounds Riddle in a body scissors now. Sami breaks it and nails a double stomp to the back. Jey tags in and Riddle stares him down, ready to attack. Jey turns around to Riddle slamming him into the turnbuckles. Riddle unloads with kicks now, then nails a Fisherman’s buster for a close 2 count. Riddle works on the arm and in comes Ford off the tag.
Ford levels Jey with a clothesline. Ford with chops to Jey. Jimmy tags in but Ford misses it. The Usos send Ford to the floor, then Jimmy sends him face-first into the steel ring steps. The Usos drop Ford again at ringside with a stiff superkick, then stand tall over him with their fingers in the air. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Usos stay in control. Sami works with them to keep the momentum going. Sami controls Ford in the ring while Uso slams Riddle over the barrier at ringside, putting him back out of action. Jey tags back in and mounts Ford with right hands. Jey stands tall to boos from the crowd. Ford ends up splashing into the corner to knock Sami and Uso off the apron. Ford then drops Jey with an enziguri.
Riddle is back on the apron waiting for the tag now. Sami and Riddle get the hot tags. Riddle unloads on Jimmy as he comes in. Riddle with a Ripcord knee, then strikes on Sami in the corner. Riddle with an Exploder to Jimmy and then one to Sami. Dawkins is finally back in the ring after being dropped on the floor earlier. Dawkins runs wild, then pulls the top rope down so Ford can leaps from the ring to the floor to take the champs down.
Riddle with the second rope draping DDT to Sami as fans go wild. Riddle drops down to call for the RKO but The Usos distract from the apron. Riddle charges but they hope off the apron and start walking out on the match. Riddle drops Sami with the RKO in the middle of the ring for the pin to win.
Winners: Riddle and The Street Profits
– After the match, Riddle hits the corner to do the Orton pose as the music hits. We go to replays.
– We see recent happenings between Omos and Bobby Lashley.
– We go back to the ring and out comes Bobby Lashley for The All-Mighty Challenge he has planned for Omos and MVP. Fans cheer for Lashley as he marches to the ring. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Lashley is all smiles as he takes the mic. The announcers announce Lashley vs. Omos at WWE Hell In a Cell. Lashley talks about last week’s Steel Cage match and says he knew by looking at Omos that they were not done, so he wasn’t surprised they’d be facing off at Hell In a Cell. However, tonight is The All-Mighty Challenge and he’s sure that MVP and Omos would like to know all about this challenge. Lashley calls MVP and Omos to the ring. The music hits and here they come.
MVP takes the mic and says he and Omos are not some dogs who come when Lashley calls. MVP brags about how Omos beat Lashley around the cage last week and says Lashley only won because of faulty equipment, which is why he’s filed an official complaint on… Lashley interrupts and tells MVP to shut up. Lashley says he wants a match tonight, and the winner of that match will pick the stipulation for Omos vs. Lashley at Hell In a Cell. MVP says Omos mauled Lashley last week, so what makes him think… Lashley hushes him again. Lashley says tonight it will be he and MVP settling their unfinished business in the ring, and the winner will pick the stipulation for Omos vs. Lashley at Hell In a Cell.
Lashley asks MVP if he’s scared or confused. MVP seethes and says he made Lashley and was responsible for his rise, so it’s only fitting he’s responsible for his downfall. MVP says he will then pick a stipulation that not even The All-Mighty can overcome. Lashley says it was him who made MVP, not the other way around. He goes on and says tonight he will put MVP in The Hurt Lock in front of all these people. Lashley’s music starts up but MVP whispers something to Omos. They march to the ring now and Lashley stands tall. MVP hops on the apron with his cane but Lashley knocks him off. Omos stalks Lashley around the ring as fans chant “Bobby!” now. Omos helps MVP up instead of attacking Lashley. MVP yells about being responsible for Lashley’s downfall as Lashley’s music starts back up.
– We see what happened with The Judgment Day taking out AJ Styles and Finn Balor.
Damian Priest and Rhea Ripley vs. AJ Styles and Liv Morgan
We go back to the ring and out comes The Judgment Day – Rhea Ripley and Damian Priest with WWE Hall of Famer Edge. They pose on the apron as we go back to a commercial break.
Back from the break and Graves confirms WWE’s return to Saudi Arabia for Saturday, November 5. We get a video package on how Asuka defeated Becky Lynch last week to become the new #1 contender. We see WWE 24/7 Champion Dana Brooke backstage with Adam Pearce now. She makes it known she wants a match with Carmella. Brooke walks away but Becky bumps into her and they exchange “excuse me’s” with each other. Lynch complains to Pearce about Asuka using her mist last week, saying she couldn’t see for three days. Becky complains some more and Pearce says the fair thing would be for Lynch to face Asuka and then if she wins, she’s added to the match with RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair at Hell In a Cell to make it a Triple Threat. Lynch walks off and isn’t too thrilled with the idea. We go back to the ring and The Judgment Day is under a spotlight. Priest yells over and over at the crowd, telling them to rise and show the proper respect for The Judgment Day.
Priest says Edge offered anyone intelligent enough to follow their mission statement and join The Judgment Day last week. He goes on about how Edge set he and Ripley free, or else they’d still be sheep in the mud like the fans and Superstars in the back, waiting to be told what to do. Priest says truth hurts, the one aspect and one attribute that you’re all missing is courage to be who you are, accept who you are, be proud of who you are. Clearly none of you have that, he says. Fans are giving Priest the “What?!” treatment now. He says Judgment Day can help everyone but first you have to help yourselves. Ripley addresses Liv Morgan now, telling her to stop listening to the peasants on Twitter and the simpletons in the arena for once in her life. Ripley says she might forgive Liv for the past if she starts thinking for herself. She tells Liv to save herself like Ripley did, by joining The Judgment Day. Edge says The Judgment Day is truth, a truth right in front of most of your faces but you’re afraid to see it, and it will set you free. Judgment Day is power, physically power but more importantly, mental power. It’s an opportunity for anyone in WWE to join them and re-create yourself, re-write your career, while sitting under Edge’s learning tree.
Edge says he wasn’t hand-picked like a John Cena and he sits at the top of a mountain because of his hard work and success. He goes on and says most people are content going to work and watching their boss earn ten times their salary. Edge continues to rant about people being sheep, afraid to grab life by the throat. If you accept this, you will wake up. Fans chant “you suck!” and Edge tells them to look in the mirror for that. He wonders who will be the next to join The Judgment Day – Ciampa, Corey Graves, Alexa Bliss, Drew McIntyre, Liv, Finn Balor, AJ Styles? Edge singles out AJ and says by now he should realize that being with The Judgment Day would be better than his health than being against them. Edge tells him to join them so maybe by the end of this AJ’s kids can start calling Edge by a new name – Uncle Edge. Edge warns that the choice is AJ’s, and he should choose wisely. The music hits and out comes Liv to the stage. AJ is out next for this mixed tag team match.
Back from the break and Priest locks up with AJ, taking him down by his arm and grounding him as Liv and Ripley look on. AJ fights back and unloads, sending Priest into the corner with a dropkick. Ripley tags in and goes at it with Liv now. Liv and Priest with a big double team into a hurricanrana. Ripley shuts Liv down and man-handles her now, tossing her across the ring by her hair and talking trash. Ripley tosses Liv across the ring again. More back and forth between the two.
Liv with a big suicide dive to the floor on Ripley. AJ then follows up with a knee strike to Priest from the apron. Liv and AJ return to the ring and stand tall together as fans cheer them on while Priest and Ripley are down on the floor. Liv brings Ripley back into the ring but Ripley levels her with a big kick. Ripley then mounts Liv with punches now. Ripley with a vertical suplex, holding Liv in the air and dropping her for a 2 count. Liv turns it back around and kicks Ripley while she’s down.
AJ and Priest come back in and trade right hands on their feet. Priest misses a Stage Dive in the corner, then AJ follows up with a leaping right hand. AJ sends Priest to the floor with a shot to the face. The referee is distracted with AJ and Ripley, allowing Priest to deck AJ with an elbow to send him to the floor. Priest follows to the floor and drops AJ face-first into the edge of the apron as Edge looks on. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Priest stops AJ from making a tag twice. Priest with a big right hand. AJ dumps Priest over the top rope to the floor. Priest comes back to the apron but AJ knocks him right back off with a pele kick. Liv tags in so Ripley rushes in. Liv unloads with punches and kicks, then an enziguri that dazes her into the ropes. Liv with a jumping knee into the corner. Liv keeps control and hits a missile dropkick. Liv kips-up and screams out, then drops Ripley into double knees for a 2 count as Edge interferes to put Ripley’s foot on the ropes.
Fans boo Edge’s interference. AJ attacks Edge at ringside but Priest makes the save. AJ rocks Priest and rolls him back into the ring. Priest then clotheslines Priest right back to the floor. Liv and Ripley are alone in the ring now. Liv goes for Ob-Livion but Edge hangs on to Ripley to stabilize her while the referee is looking, and Liv hits the mat. Ripley goes on and gets the pin to win.
Winners: The Judgment Day
– After the match, The Judgment Day stands tall as Ripley laughs at Liv. AJ attacks Edge but Priest joins in. AJ unloads on Priest now but Ripley grabs his leg, allowing Edge to attack. AJ gets beat down quickly to boos. Edge mounts AJ with a flurry of right hands. Priest and Edge hit the Spear/sweep combo to AJ. Liv crawls over to AJ but Ripley stomps her and then hits the Riptide in the middle of the ring. Ripley laughs and yells in Liv’s face as the boos get louder. The Judgment Day stands tall as the music starts back up and we go to replays. Edge, Priest and Ripley look on from the ramp now as AJ and Liv recover in the ring.
– The Miz is backstage warming up when Kevin Patrick asks him how he plans on stopping Cody Rhodes’ momentum. Miz says like Seth Rollins, he is tired of Rhodes and in life you never trust a man with a neck tattoo. Miz says Cody’s ego is out of control, and he has more pyro than the 4th of July. Miz says we don’t see him plugging the return of Miz & Mrs. or anything else. He goes on hyping himself up and says he doesn’t need a countdown clock because the fans will wait all night to see him. Miz says he will take Cody down a peg or two tonight and then no one will be able to ignore him, except maybe Patrick. Miz tells Patrick to go away to end the segment.
– We go back to the ring and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Jerry “The King” Lawler for another episode of The King’s Court. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Lawler introduces his guest – Veer Mahaan. We see Veer’s recent dominance and how The Mysterios returned last week to attack him for payback. Lawler thanks Veer for joining him and is giving him the chance to dispel some rumors about who he is and why he’s in WWE. Lawler asks Veer about the key to his success so far here in WWE. Veer just looks at Lawler as fans boo. Lawler jokes about the cat having his tongue, and says that was a dumb question. Lawler asks why Veer has targeted Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio since being in WWE. Veer is still keeping quiet. Lawler says Rey told him about how Veer is so hairy, when he walks his dog people pet him. Lawler says Dominik told him Veer is so hairy that Bigfoot once took a picture of him instead. Veer grabs the mic while Lawler is holding it and tells him he’s not her to joke around.
Veer says Rey is a legend but he’s too busy worrying about his little boy Dominik, and that made him weak, and he took both of them out because of that. Fans boo. Veer grabs the mic and it flies a few feet away. He picks it back up, hands it to Lawler and asks if that’s fear he smells on Lawler. Lawler jokes that it was just his cheap cologne. Veer snatches the mic and says he’s heard enough of the jokes. Instead of Veer explaining who he is, how about he shows Jerry who he is. Veer takes off his coat and stares Lawler down but the music interrupts and out comes The Mysterios.
Veer meets them at ringside and they both attack but Veer shrugs Dominik off, then presses Rey into the air. He kicks Dominik away and tosses Rey into the ring. Veer then tosses Dominik into the ring next to his dad. Rey and Dominik with dropkicks to stop Veer from entering the ring. Veer is still standing. He jumps to the apron but Dominik knocks him off with a dropkick. Rey and Dominik keep stopping Veer from entering the ring. He finally stands on the apron and they back off, challenging him to come into the ring. Veer yells at them in his native tongue and backs off the apron and up the ramp. Rey’s music starts up as they stare Veer down.
– Sarah Schreiber is backstage with Alexa Bliss now, asking how she’s doing since she’s been back on RAW. Bliss says she’s just being herself and staying out of trouble. Schreiber asks about recent happenings with Sonya Deville and her actions. Bliss says Deville has had a rough few weeks and maybe she should look into therapy as it did wonders for her. Bliss looks ahead to tonight’s match with her former partner Nikki A.S.H. Bliss says they went their separate ways but it was for the best because now she gets to be best friends with a doll, and Nikki dresses like a superhero. Bliss says it sounds weird when you say it out-loud, but it’s for the best. Bliss heads off to the ring.
Alexa Bliss vs. Nikki A.S.H.
We go back to the ring and out comes Alexa Bliss with Lilly. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Bliss waits in the ring, all smiles. The music hits and out comes Nikki A.S.H. with Doudrop. The music hits and Doudrop strikes first, but turns around to show off to the crowd. She turns back around to Bliss taking her down. They meet in the middle of the ring and Bliss offers her hand for a shake. Nikki hesitates but shakes, then rocks Bliss with a cheap shot.
Nikki looks to keep momentum going but Bliss rocks her and sends her to the floor. Nikki regroups with Doudrop now. Nikki returns to the ring and beats Bliss down, then mounts her with punches. Nikki takes Bliss back down for a 2 count. Nikki grounds Bliss with a submission now and rag-dolls her as the referee warns her. Bliss tries to fight free but Nikki stays on her. Bliss finally breaks free with a jawbreaker, then mounts offense and hits a modified Blockbuster.
Bliss grabs Nikki but Nikki rams her into the corner with shoulder thrusts. Nikki takes Bliss to the top turnbuckle but wastes some time by playing to the crowd. Bliss fights back and knocks her to the mat. Bliss kicks Nikki away as she charges again. Bliss nails Twisted Bliss for the pin to win.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
– After the match, Bliss stands tall as her new music hits. We go to replays. Bliss grabs Lilly and heads up the ramp as Doudrop talks with Nikki.
– Kevin Patrick is backstage with Seth Rollins now. He mentions Cody Rhodes challenging him to a Hell In a Cell match and asks how the issues with Cody have reached a boiling point. Rollins says the fans used to sing his song every night, in every city, and now all he hears are Cody chants. The fans in the arena start chanting “Cody!” and Rollins says it makes him physically ill to hear that name. It’s Cody this, Cody that, Cody here, Cody there, and there’s even a countdown clock for Rhodes. Rollins yells out and asks where it stops, where is the countdown clock for Seth Freakin’ Rollins? Rollins points to his own head and says that clock is right here, and it’s ticking away second by second, but the question is – what happens when the clock strikes zero? Rollins laughs to end the segment.
Cody Rhodes vs. The Miz
We go back to the ring and out comes Cody Rhodes to a pop. The pyro hits and Rhodes heads to the ring, stopping to fist bump two young fans and give one of them his belt. Rhodes hits the ring as more pyro goes off. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and we get a video on Asuka becoming the new #1 contender to RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair last week. Asuka is with Sarah Schreiber in the back now. Asuka says Becky Lynch was not ready for her last week, and was too busy crying. Asuka goes on mocking Lynch and laughing at her. Asuka says she will beat Lynch again tonight and turn her into Big Time Baby. Because… no one is ready for Asuka. Asuka goes on mocking Lynch as she walks away. Graves hypes Rhodes vs. Rollins at WWE Hell In a Cell as we go back to the ring and out comes The Miz. The bell rings and fans start chanting for Cody. Miz blocks a takedown but Cody goes for a headlock as they go into the corner.
Cody ducks two strikes and delivers two chops to the chest. Miz with a headlock takedown. They tangle with more counters on the mat now. Rhodes with a standing dropkick and a pop from the crowd. Rhodes runs the ring for a suicide dive to the floor but Miz meets him at the ropes with a forearm. They bring it back in and Miz cuts Cody off. Cody comes back with a long vertical suplex in the middle of the ring.
Rhodes with knees to the back now while working Miz over. Rhodes with a Surfboard submission now but Miz quickly fights out. Miz kicks Cody in the gut and goes for the modified Sunset Flip for a 1 count. More back and forth between the two now. Rhodes drops Miz and runs over him with a knee to the face. Miz kicks out at 2. Cody goes for the Disaster Kick but Miz traps him on the ropes and rocks him. Miz with a running big boot to knock Rhodes from the ropes to the floor now. Back to commercial with Miz in control.
Back from the break and Rhodes tries to rally and mount momentum. Rhodes with a takedown and a powerslam in the middle of the ring. Rhodes with the Cody Cutter from the second rope. Rhodes goes on and applies the Figure Four in the middle of the ring. Miz finally gets the bottom rope to break the hold, then rolls to the floor for a breather. Rhodes goes to the top turnbuckle to leap out onto Miz but Seth Rollins rushes up to the apron and shoves Rhodes to the floor for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Cody Rhodes
– After the bell, Rollins attacks Rhodes at ringside but Rhodes fights back as fans cheer him on. Miz joins in and they beat Rhodes back down. Rollins takes the knee out and they keep the assault going. Rollins sends Rhodes knee-first into the steel ring steps and he goes down. Rollins snatches Cody’s belt he gave the young fan earlier, then brings it over and beats Cody with it while he’s draped over the announce table. Fans boo as Rhodes falls to the floor and Rollins marches up the ramp. Rhodes slowly gets back to his feet as the referee checks on him. Fans chant “Cody!” now as he limps away. Cody hands the weight belt back to the young fan at ringside and is then helped up the ramp by the referee as his music starts back up. We go back to commercial.
Ezekiel vs. Chad Gable
Back from the break and Ezekiel is going at it with Chad Gable. Kevin Owens is watching from a chair at ringside, and he’s yelling “Elias!” at Ezekiel.
Gable and Ezekiel trade offense early on. Otis is also watching from ringside. Zeke ends up with Gable on his shoulders, but Gable slides out. Zeke with a big kick. Otis with a cheap shot from the floor to distract Zeke, allowing Gable to attack and take Zeke’s leg out. Gable goes to work on Ezekiel’s knee now, standing tall as fans boo him.
Gable with a Northern Lights suplex for a 2 count. Gable goes to the top for a moonsault but Zeke gets his boots up. Zeke follows up with a Spinebuster in the middle of the ring. Zeke with stiff chops in the corner now. Gable charges in the corner but gets kicked back. Zeke with a running splash in the corner. Otis gets on the apron and levels Zeke with force now.
The referee yells at Otis and then ejects him as fans pop. Gable argues with the referee and then talks with Otis as he leaves. The referee turns around to see Owens in the ring, about to attack Zeke while he’s down. The referee then ejects Owens and he’s not happy. Gable is also upset. Zeke takes advantage of the chaos and rolls Gable up for the pin to win.
– After the match, Zeke quickly exits the ring and runs through the crowd. He poses with fans on the stairs as Owens and Alpha Academy look on from the ring. Owens takes the mic and he’s furious, saying he’s done with all of this, he just wants to beat the hell out of Zeke now. Owens challenges Ezekiel to a match at WWE Hell In a Cell. Zeke looks on and smiles from the crowd as Owens seethes in the ring.
– We see what Seth Rollins did to Cody Rhodes earlier tonight. Kevin Patrick stops Rhodes as he’s leaving the trainer’s room in the back, asking for an update. Rhodes says his knee got a little dinged up but at least he can put weight on it. Rhodes says he’s still breathing, still got heart, and lungs, which is fortunate for him but unfortunate for Rollins. Rhodes goes on and says Rollins has the potential to go 0-3 at Hell In a Cell, but if Rollins really wants to finish the job, he will be right there waiting. Rhodes storms off.
MVP vs. Bobby Lashley
We go back to the ring and out comes Bobby Lashley to a pop. The winner of this match gets to pick the stipulation for Lashley vs. Omos at WWE Hell In a Cell. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes MVP with Omos. MVP enters the ring as Omos stalks around the ring. The bell rings and Lashley charges but MVP goes right to the floor to stall as Omos stares Lashley down. MVP continues to stall now. They go on and MVP sells a knee injury in the ring and when the referee checks on him, Omos levels Lashley at ringside with a clothesline to boos.
Lashley returns to the ring and MVP hits the Player’s Boot in the corner. MVP smacks Lashley around and yells about how he made Lashley. Lashley fights out of the corner but MVP fights back. They collide and Lashley drops MVP face-first into the mat. Lashley is getting hyped up now. He clotheslines MVP over the top rope to the floor.
Lashley scoops MVP to his shoulders, then rams him into the ring post. Omos ends up attacking Lashley at ringside after MVP returns to the ring. Lashley fights back and clotheslines MVP into the timekeeper’s area, but the referee ends up counting Lashley out as he was distracted, and MVP gets the win.
Winner by Count Out: MVP
– After the match, Lashley returns to the ring and rag-dolls MVP with The Hurt Lock as fans cheer him on. Lashley drops MVP to the mat and stands tall as his music starts back up. Lashley poses for the crowd but MVP will get to pick the stipulation for Lashley vs. Omos at Hell In a Cell.
– Lacey Evans will return to action on RAW next week.
Asuka vs. Becky Lynch
We go back to the ring for tonight’s main event but out first comes RAW Women’s Champion Bianca Belair to watch the action from ringside. Belair hits the ring and swings her hair, stopping on the apron to pose for the crowd. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and announced for RAW Talk are Jerry Lawler, Ezekiel and Alexa Bliss. We go back to the ring and out comes #1 contender Asuka to a pop. Becky Lynch is out next. If Lynch wins this match, she will be added to Asuka vs. Belair at WWE Hell In a Cell to make it a Triple Threat. The bell rings and they size each other up. Asuka with a quick jab, which infuriates Lynch. Lynch shoves her a few times and they trade intense aggression in the middle of the ring. Asuka drops Lynch but gets rolled up for 2.
Lynch with strikes in the middle of the ring but Asuka rams her back into the corner and works her over as Belair looks on. Lynch kicks Asuka from the corner. Asuka catches the next kick and takes Lynch down, then puts a boot on her. Lynch blocks her own Dis-Arm-Her it appears. Asuka ends up kicking Lynch in the face. Lynch goes to the floor but comes back to the apron and Asuka meets her there. Lynch drives Asuka back-first into the ring post and she goes down on the apron. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Asuka rolls back in at the 9 count. Lynch sends her right back out and launches her into the barrier. The referee counts again as Belair shakes her head from her chair. Asuka makes back into the ring right before the 10 count again. Lynch sends her right back to the floor and keeps her from coming back in. Lynch with a right hand off the apron. Lynch then sends Asuka shoulder-first into the steel ring steps.
Lynch brings it back in and nails the leg drop from the second rope. Asuka kicks out at 2 and Lynch is frustrated. Lynch with hammer fists now. Lynch gets sent out but she comes right back in and they both collide with clothesline attempts in the middle of the ring.
Fans do dueling chants now. Lynch runs into an elbow in the corner. Asuka fights her off and they trade counters. Asuka with a big German suplex, then a Hip Attack in the corner. Lynch blocks Asuka but Asuka unloads with kicks and punches now. Asuka drops Lynch and nails a sliding knee for a close 2 count. Asuka can’t believe it now. Lynch turns it back around and leaps off the second rope but Asuka catches her with knees on the way down. Lynch kicks out at 2.
Asuka goes into an armbar now but Lynch gets free. Lynch is on the apron now as she drops Asuka throat-first over the top rope. Lynch goes back to the top but Asuka rocks her and climbs up. Asuka tries for the superplex but Lynch resists. Asuka tries again and hits the superplex but Lynch kicks out just in time. Fans rally for Asuka and Lynch now. Lynch dodges the Hip Attack and Asuka is stuck in the ropes now. Lynch applies a Dis-Arm-Her while Asuka is stuck. They keep fighting and Asuka gets free with strikes. Asuka knocks Lynch to the floor in front of Belair with a Hip Attack. Asuka decks Lynch at ringside again to stun her.
Lynch blocks the Asuka Lock but a big knee knocks Lynch back into Belair’s lap. A stiff roundhouse kick to the face misses Lynch and knocks Belair out of her chair as Lynch dodges it. Lynch runs back in and Asuka just barely beats the 10 count again, but Lynch is waiting with an immediate pin for the win and the opportunity at Hell In a Cell.
Winner: Becky Lynch
– After the match, Lynch tumbles out to the floor to recover and she can’t believe she won as her music starts back up. Asuka recovers but Belair is still laid out at ringside. The announcers confirm that it will now be Lynch vs. Asuka vs. Belair in a Triple Threat for the RAW Women’s Title at WWE Hell In a Cell. We go to replays. Lynch rants and celebrates on the ramp while Asuka yells back at her from the ring, shaking her head in disbelief. RAW goes off the air with Lynch and Asuka facing off from the ramp and apron.