New WWE talent reportedly told to cut hair ahead of tonight’s 205 Live debut

Jan 21, 2022 - by Marc Middleton

New WWE NXT Superstar Javier Bernal was reportedly told to cut his hair.

Tonight’s WWE 205 Live episode will see Bernal make his in-ring debut against Draco Anthony. Real name Randy José Beidelschies, Bernal was signed last year after working the WWE tryouts in Las Vegas. He is a native of Florida, and previously played college football for Macalester College in Minnesota.

Bernal also did some work as a hair model in the past. The new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that WWE Talent Relations head John Laurinaitis “pretty much ordered” Bernal to get his hair cut.

Laurinaitis reportedly saw Bernal during rehearsals, and told him he should cut his hair. It should be noted that Laurinaitis did say the choice was up to Bernal, but the change was made.

Bernal took to Instagram to hype his debut and commented on the change, writing, “Catch me in action tomorrow night on @peacocktv 10/9c. Change has to happen for success stories to occur. !! [Colombian flag emoji] I swear I’m a nice guy [smiling face with tear emoji]”

You can see Bernal’s new look below.

Tonight’s 205 Live will also feature Bodhi Hayward vs. James Drake and Fallon Henley vs. Lash Legend. The episode was taped earlier this week at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando. You can click here for full spoilers.

Below are a few photos of Bernal before and after his haircut:

1. art123guy says:

2022 WWE Mandate: Take anyone that has a unique look and make them as generic as possible.

2. Joseph says:

You have a number of WWE wrestlers with longer hair and they tell this guy to cut his hair. Doesn’t add up to me.

3. art123guy says:

@Joseph–I reread the article. It says he did some hair modelling in the past. Probably WWE’s way of making sure he can’t get work in that field while he’s with the company.

4. Joseph says:

@art123guy,
    Maybe he decided he wanted a new look and the decision to cut his hair was his own.

5. Joe A says:

@Joseph

Doubt it, IMO they didn’t want some dude who looks like Roman’s smaller and less attractive younger brother.

6. art123guy says:

@Joseph–If that’s the case, great. However, this comment from the article negates that thought:
    “The new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that WWE Talent Relations head John Laurinaitis “pretty much ordered” Bernal to get his hair cut.”

7. Joseph says:

@art123guy,
    It only negates it if that statement is true. I’m not saying if it’s true or not. I’m just saying that I don’t buy it. For some reason people see something written on sites like this and they take it as gospel. They don’t even question the validity of it. I don’t know if he was told to cut his hair. I don’t believe he was told to cut his hair because of everyone else with longer hair. I could be wrong.

8. art123guy says:

@Joseph-Coming at it by questioning the article/situation as a whole, you’re correct. But I’m commenting on the article as it’s written. I’m also taking into account that they told Frankie Kazarian the same thing when he was in the WWE, so this article is not entirely unbelievable to me.