Nia Jax says it’s highly unlikely she’ll wrestle again

Nov 30, 2021 - by James Walsh

In a post on Twitter, Nia Jax said that it was ‘highly unlikely’ she will wrestle again following her release from the WWE earlier this month. This came in response to some fans believing Lina Fanene was going to be her new ring name, when it was in fact her real name.

She wrote: “Lol! Newsflash…Lina is my real name. It’s not another “ring” name. It’s just MY NAME, the name given to me at birth. Calm TF down trolls. In all fairness, “Opponent Crippler” would be a SOLID front runner if I ever decide to wrestle again. but it’s highly unlikely.”

1. What? says:

I keep going back and forth on the “opponent crippler” quip. Part of me is cringing, part of me respects her a little for at least owning it.

2. Ryligven says:

When I hear of a promotion letting talent go, especially WWE, I always hope said talent can get picked up in another promotion. Not this time. Nia Jax should have been let go long ago. She has hurt too many others in the ring, and now she jokes about it? This is the first time I am glad a released wrestler will never get into the ring again.

3. Mackdeezy says:

Assuming Tony Kahn doesnt have anything to say about it (see: Rush, Lio)

4. Brian says:

How can I possibly enjoy the Christmas season knowing that some of my favorite women wrestlers won’t be able to be injured by Nia/ Lina again?

5. john schleehauf says:

It’s “highly unlikely ” she “wrestled” in the first place, unless you call wrestling falling flat on you giant ass twice in a 3 minute match, all while crippling 2 other women in the process

6. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

I don’t totally fault her 100%. I think they rushed her training based on her look/size/family and didn’t allow her to come into her own. Now don’t get me wrong…she can use her weekends to improve (and should’ve), but she was clearly one of their “six months to tv” deals that people like JR and Corny have talked about.