Why WWE passed on Lady Frost

Nov 16, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

According to Fightful’s recent report, WWE seemingly followed this new age mandate as part of a tryout back in 2018 where it was revealed that Indy star Lady Frost was rejected based solely on the fact that she was already well into her 30s.

“When she performed at the tryout she believed things went smoothly and was optimistic about possibly getting an offer, but was later told by an WWE official that she was “too old” to get an offer, as she was already in her 30s.”

1. Mike Oxmaul says:

If this is/was true, then she should sue them

2. Joe A says:

@Mike Jerry McDevitt would eat her alive.

3. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

@Mike sue for what? It is a 1099 entertainment role / casting…..they’re not hiring you (as far as they’re currently set up) for a specific job, it’s to play a part in their cast. I can’t go out for the role of Little Orphans Annie and expect to get it.

4. Squirt Angle says:

I’d sue them if they pass on me when I retire from my job at 75 and – with my schedule cleared – decide I want to wrestle. Mike is right – age should never be a factor in deciding things!

5. art123guy says:

@Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo!–Your Orphan Annie example doesn’t completely work here because I’m sure casting calls would ask for a young girl between the ages of 6-11 or something like that. If the WWE is holding open tryouts without saying no one over 30 need apply, they’re just getting an over 30 wrestler’s hopes up. I doubt someone could sue, but it’s a waste of everyone’s time. WWE is a dream job to many wrestlers. To give someone over 30 a tryout KNOWING they’re not gonna get hired is lousy business practice.

6. Disgruntled Jobber says:

It’s an idiotic policy to begin with. Some wrestlers may not hit their stride until they are in the 30’s. Others might peak at 21 and be diminished at 28. Then again, this is the same company that would drool if a 42 year old body builder decided he or she wanted to be a pro wrestler. Then that whole “age policy” thing would go out the window quicker than that dude in the memes.