No more real guns in Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson movies

Nov 4, 2021 - by Colin Vassallo

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has vowed to never use real guns again in any of his movies following the Alec Baldwin incident last month.

Speaking at the premiere of Red Notice, Johnson said that he was heartbroken when he learned about what happened and the tragedy triggered a change in his upcoming movies.

“I can’t speak for anyone else, but I can tell you, without an absence of clarity here, that any movie that we have moving forward with Seven Bucks Productions – any movie, any television show, or anything we do or produce – we won’t use real guns at all,” Johnson said as quoted by Variety.

Instead, Johnson said that they will switch to rubber guns and anything that needs to show on camera from the gun will be added in post production, with zero worry about what it costs.

“As we move forward, I think that there are new protocols and new safety measures that we should take, especially in the wake of what happened. It just sucks that it had to happen like this for us to wake up,” he said.

1. RomanReignshadcancer2getover says:

Who care? His movies are all the same.

2. Joe A says:

He should be more focused on the piss poor reviews that Red Notice is currently getting everywhere. Looked like a wet diaper from inception.

3. Stonz says:

So the guy makes a change in the way his movies are made to make them safer for everyone, and y’all trash him and his movies? Wow. Classy. Just don’t watch his stuff if you don’t like it. I bet you watched him when he was wrestling and were entertained then. Kudos to DJ for making this change to make everyone safer.

4. DB says:

Dwayne is angling for some more of that ESG investment money from retirement funds.

5. Joseph says:

List of film and television accidents – Wikipedia. From 1980 to today I counted five gun accidents on set. 1985’s Cover up, 1988’s Die Hard, (which wasn’t a death but he hurt his hearing), 1994 The Crow, In an episode of the series Cops from 1990 to 1993, and the last one is Rust, 2021. Other stunts that caused deaths I didn’t count because there were so many of them. Stunt drivers dying during motorcycle stunts, helicopter stunts, falling off building stunts, or countless other stunts that caused their deaths. But using a real gun is the problem.

6. art123guy says:

@Stonz–Yeah, I’m confused by the negative comments here as well. I mean, if he removed ALL guns from his movies, real or fake, then I’d get the complaints.