Lana suggests if she looked like Charlotte, she would have been a champion

Oct 6, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

While speaking on a Facebook Live video with East Coast Autograph Auctions, Former WWE Star Lana suggested that she could have been a Champion in WWE under different circumstances.

She said “Probably 2017-2018, I felt like if I could bulk up and look like Charlotte Flair, then maybe I could become champion. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out for me. You know, not everyone can be genetically superior and also have a famous father that is 16, 17 time (champion). His daughter is going to surpass him pretty soon.”

1. CM Chippunk says:

Lol. When most of the women who have been champion are definitely not built like Flair or Ripley, this really is not the problem …

2. What? says:

Sure, if she also had the talent and bloodline of Charlotte Flair. Looks get people (particularly women, whether it’s right or you agree with it or not) a long way in WWE, sometimes farther than they should go – she should know – but they aren’t everything.

3. John says:

No you just suck

4. Mackdeezy says:

I mean, me personally, I say theres women that look way better than Charlotte not being spoonfed titles, so….

5. RJ Ace says:

Being a good worker would have helped too. Obviously not everyone who becomes champion has to be competent (I.E. Nia Jax)….But Charlotte has a hell of a lot more going for her than a good physique & famous father in comparison to Lana lol.

6. Ryligven says:

Lana could have been a very successful champion back in the days of Sable, Debra and the Cat. At that time just being blonde, pretty and having big breasts would have had Vince drooling. Talent was not something needed for a woman to be champ then.

7. Disgruntled Jobber says:

@RJ being a good worker doesn’t mean squat. Matt Riddle got a huge push despite being sloppy. But, they paired him with people that could cover his flaws. If WWE actually cared about the women’s division (they don’t), Lana could have had a run as a transitional champion.

8. RJ Ace says:

@Disgruntled Jobber – I literally said that lol. I pointed out Nia Jax. Lana as she was presented offered nothing aside from being pretty though. She was a good promo as Rusev’s mouthpiece….But she flopped as a character after they transitioned away from that. Not saying it was all her fault, but she was never really anything more than a jobber. Anyone CAN be a champion because the belt is a prop, but it doesn’t mean they should be.

9. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

Don’t get me wrong, LOTS of women who had next to know wrestling talent were given belts, often times even without being over at all…..but Lana sweetie….no lol.

10. Drew says:

All I want to say is that Lana is WAY hotter than Charlotte.