Mick Foley: “WWE – We’ve got a problem”

Sep 7, 2021 - by Marc Middleton

WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley took to Facebook this morning and issued a video warning to WWE following the AEW All Out debuts of Adam Cole, Bryan Danielson and Ruby Soho.

Foley titled his video, “WWE – WE’VE GOT A PROBLEM.” You can read his full comments and watch the video below:

“Hello, this is ‘The Hardcore Legend’ Mick Foley. I’d like to title this video, ‘WWE – We’ve Got a Problem’ because I think you do and that problem is that WWE is no longer the place for talent to aspire to,” Foley began. “Part of it is because AEW is doing a great job of attracting great talent, proven talent, building other talent, creating storylines, but part of it is a problem of your own making. I think younger talent sees the way that developmental characters are cut or left by the wayside, or in the case of Karrion Kross, greatly watered down and even made a joke of when they debut on the main roster. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

“If I was an aspiring talent now, big league talent with a major decision to make, I’m not sure that I would trust WWE creative to do the right thing with my career. You guys did wonders with me back in the day… that was a different time, different place. If it was today, I’m not sure I would trust the powers to be with my career in their hands, and until that changes, WWE – you’ve got a problem.”

1. Kenny Koolaid says:

As much as WWE not doing it as much I agree, but since when the f has AEW done anything well for a character gimmick besides Orange Cassidy? Who still is watered down.

AEW would kill your gimmick just as much as Vince if it doesn’t cater to workrate nerds. Heck everyone who went from Impact to AEW is already a less interesting version of their previous characters. Made worse when some barely get to talk.

Why in the world you that inspire talent with gimmicks?Maybe to talent who have zero charisma and just do a bunch of moves every single night, yeah AEW is your dream come true. If you want creative control over your own character and it’s development, you probably shouldn’t be inspired to go to WWE or AEW.

2. Luke says:

@Kenny Koolaid
    What exactly does a non-watered down Orange Cassidy do? Put his feet in his pockets?

3. Disgruntled Jobber says:

@Luke
    He wears his sunglasses upside down.
    That being said, Vince has taken everything that was over in NXT and gotten rid of it once the talent reached the main roster. It was like Vince had to re-create them in his image.

4. dooman says:

since wwe is basically run by an asskisser like HHH they only keeping talent that kisses ass therefore you gotta go with them or get released and run to the indies but now they got a choice in AEW we will see how long they remain a choice

5. fairfax says:

I haven’t watched WWE regularly in about 10 years and that’s having been a die-hard since about 1987 when I was 6 years old. I saw someone comment the other day that the WWE has nothing to offer for the 18-32 age demo…well I’m 40 now, as of last month and I can say they have nothing to offer my age range either! AEW is doing “Pro Wrestling” while WWE has done everything in their power to say they’re NOT pro wrestling and that’s what I believe this comes down to. WWE have failed to realize that their fans ARE pro wrestling fans and if they don’t get back to pro wrestling then it’ll only get worse. AEW and TNT have the resources financially and the exposure and reach to knock the Fed off is perch and they have hella momentum right now to boot!

6. Mike says:

It’s going to go nowhere but downhill for wwe. They obviously don’t know what the hell they’re doing anymore. It’s been downhill for them ever since they bought wcw 20 years ago