More notes on Karrion Kross new look, roster status

Aug 24, 2021 - by Marc Middleton

WWE changing Karrion Kross’ look for the RAW brand may have something to do with merchandise.

As noted, Kross debuted a new gladiator mask on his way to the ring last night for the RAW win over Ricochet, and then wore new in-ring gear during the bout.

In an update, Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men podcast noted how a source said everyone and everything must be marketable in WWE.

“Everything & everyone must be marketable. Toys, shirts, imaging, and accessories. You need to stand out to sell and this is how they sell,” a source said in regards to Kross’ new look.

Kross’ look continues to be mocked by most fans on social media.

On a related note, Kross is now on the RAW brand full-time moving forward, according to PWInsider. While Kross is still on the NXT roster on the WWE website as of this writing, word is that he is 100% done with NXT. Kross dropped the NXT Title to Samoa Joe at Sunday’s Takeover 36 event, and did not work last night’s TV tapings that will air tonight.

Stay tuned for more on Kross. You can see a new video of his new look below:

1. Imma Hullo says:

I’m all for making wrestlers look more interesting than just men in tights doing moves, which is a major plague on wrestling right now.

But on this look, the mask for entrance gear is pretty nice. But i’d have him remove it at the end of the entrance. The suspenders and gladiator like bottoms that he’d been trying out for a bit, just aren’t working for me. I’d go with a jacket.

2. art123guy says:

Can’t wait to get me some Karrion Kross Suspenders (TM WWE)!

3. Disgruntled Jobber says:

I seem to remember this happening before. Everyone had to have a gimmick that they could market. Suddenly, we had wrestling I.R.S. agents, wrestling plumbers, wrestling clowns, and even a wrestling garbage man.

I seem to fail to recall how that all turned out….

4. Tony k says:

This is in no way toward Karrion Kross because he’s awesome but who ever designed it made him look like someone who was in the guy clubs from late 70s early 80s…. so I’ve seen on tv

5. Joseph says:

I don’t mind it because I think it fits his character. Chris Jericho wore a spiked leather jacket and fedora in AEW. On most people it wouldn’t work. But on them it does.

6. art123guy says:

@Joseph–As Imma Hullo suggested, he should remove the gear after his entrance and a leather jacket would be better as RAW already has something similar with the Viking Raiders.

7. Joseph says:

@art123guy – I honestly don’t think a leather jacket would work. Right now his look sort of reminds me of a Spartan warrior or even a gladiator.

8. Mark says:

Didn’t Ron “Faarooq” Simmons wear something similar and wasn’t it a black and blue outfit with a misshaped helmet?

9. mth says:

The helmet is fine. The gladiator tassels on the trunks/boots are also fine and he was already rocking them in NXT. The “suspenders” look pretty terrible, though and make him look pretty corny. Having said that, though, I’ve always found Kross to be corny so it’s fitting. But if anything, ditch them and wear a vest or something for the entrance.

10. fairfax says:

getting a little color working Eddie Edwards on PPV in IMPACT WRESTLING doesn’t seem so bad these days…and regardless of how incredibly ridiculous he looks he still goes home to the Smoke Show when its said and done! Lord Tensie didn’t work for Albert and Farooq Asad didn’t work for Ron Simmons… Maybe the 2 thrown in a blender on high and then gagged down by Killer Kross, hold your nose buddy, will get over? And why has the E not let Ricochet go? They’re releasing everybody but they seem to have a chip towards certain talents …like, we’ll release Ricochet once we’re certain we’ve destroyed any ounce of desire to perform in wrestling any longer and leveled any love he might have still had and therefore is at his lowest and been jobbed out so much and appeared so infrequently that him signing anywhere else won’t mean a thing! He’s gonna, He’s Gonna, HE’S GONNA, HE’S GONNA PUUUUKE…. He’s GONNA PUKE!!! He’s gonna PUUUUKE!!!

11. Adam says:

I really think Vince does this just to spite and keep a little grip on HHH. NXT builds great stars and when they go to the big show, Vince ruins them out of nothing more than a power trip. Kross just got “Ascensioned” and we shouldn’t be okay with it. He’s ruined before he gets started.