– The WWE SummerSlam Kickoff pre-show opens live from Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. Kayla Braxton welcomes us and says there are more than 50,000 fans coming to the stadium for the show. Kayla is joined by WWE Hall of Famers Booker T and Jerry Lawler, plus Kevin Patrick and Peter Rosenberg. The panel talks about SummerSlam as fans in the background look on, most of them wearing face masks. The panel runs down tonight’s card and we get a video package for the WWE Title match. The panel talks WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg vs. WWE Champion Bobby Lashley now.
Back from a break and we see fans giving their SummerSlam predictions at a Cricket Wireless studio inside the stadium. We get a video and discussion on tonight’s SmackDown Women’s Title match as Sonya Deville joins the panel. They also discuss tonight’s match for the SmackDown Tag Team Titles. We take another break, which includes a WWE NXT Takeover 36 promo. We come back and see more fans giving predictions at the Cricket Wireless zone. Kayla sends us to a video for Seth Rollins vs. WWE Hall of Famer Edge now. The panel discusses the match and sends us to a break.
– We see The Miz and John Morrison driving a Pure Life water truck into the backstage area. They tell Sarah Schreiber they have a big wet surprise for the WWE Universe tonight.
Big E vs. Baron Corbin
We go to ringside and Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by Pat McAfee. They send us to the ring with Mike Rome, who is with the winner of the TikTok ring announcer search. The winner, Raine Cruz, does the introductions. Logan Paul, who will be on Monday’s RAW, is in the front row.
Out first comes Big E to a pop. Baron Corbin comes out next, clutching Big E’s Money In the Bank briefcase. Corbin looks terrified and the referee has to talk him into giving up the briefcase to start the match. The bell rings and Big E goes to work on Corbin. Big E dominates for a few minutes but misses the big splash on the apron as Corbin moves. Big E falls to the floor and the referee counts.
Corbin goes back out and sends Big E face-first into the ring post. Corbin goes back in and tells the referee to count. Corbin talks trash as fans boo him. They bring it back in and Corbin sends Big E into the ring post shoulder-first twice. And a third time. Big E kicks out at 2. More back and forth now but Corbin keeps control.
Big E fights out of the corner and blocks a chokeslam, rolling Corbin up and then into the Stretch Muffler in the middle of the ring. Corbin gets out and hits a Deep Six for a 2 count. Corbin shows frustration and goes for another roll-up for 2. Corbin goes to ringside to grab the briefcase and leave with it but Big E attacks. Corbin gets free again and tries to run away with the case again but Big E tackles him into the briefcase. Big E ends up hitting a Spear off the apron, sending Corbin to the floor with the case in hand.
Big E beings it back in and gets hyped up as fans rally for him. Big E scoops Corbin for the Big Ending and covers for the pin to win.
Winner: Big E
– After the match, Big E stands tall as the music hits. Raine Cruz announces him as the winner. Big E gets the Money In the Bank briefcase back and poses with it to celebrate.
– We go back to the panel for more hype on tonight’s pay-per-view. We get a video package for the WWE Universal Title match. Booker and Lawler feel like John Cena can pull the win off while Rosenberg praises Roman Reigns. That’s it for the Kickoff pre-show as Kevin and Kayla wrap up.
– The 2021 WWE SummerSlam pay-per-view opens up with a video package. We’re live from Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada as Jimmy Smith welcomes us. He’s at ringside with Corey Graves and Byron Saxton.
RAW Tag Team Titles Match: Randy Orton and Riddle vs. AJ Styles and Omos
We go right to the ring and out first comes the team of Team R-K-Bro. Riddle is out on his scooter, and out comes Randy Orton to a big pop. They head to the ring together as fans cheer them on. Riddle leaps into the ring and the pyro goes off as he kicks his slides off. Orton joins him and hits the corner to pose while Riddle poses in the opposite corner. Out next are RAW Tag Team Champions Omos and AJ Styles.
The bell hits and Orton starts off with AJ, going at it. Orton with a suplex. Orton starts stomping on AJ now. Orton keeps control and AJ rolls to the floor, punching the announce table out of frustration. Riddle and Omos tag in now and face off. Omos decks Riddle and goes to work on him in the middle of the ring.
Omos scoops Riddle and launches him, taunting Orton. Omos keeps control and shuts down a comeback attempt by Riddle. AJ comes back in and they hit a big assisted tornado DDT to Riddle for a 2 count by AJ. AJ works Riddle over now while Orton looks on. AJ taunts him. AJ grounds Riddle in the middle of the ring now. Riddle and AJ tangle now but AJ decks him in the back with a forearm. Riddle gets free and rocks Omos on the apron. Riddle dumps AJ to the floor over the top rope. Riddle crawls for Orton but AJ runs back in and stops the tag from happening.
Riddle with a big knee to AJ’s face. Orton tags in and unloads on AJ now. Orton stuns Omos on the apron but he’s still up. Orton back-drops AJ and rocks Omos again. Orton clotheslines AJ in the corner. Orton catches AJ with the big powerslam for a pop. Orton attacks Omos again and this time kicks him off the apron. Orton goes for the second rope draping DDT on AJ and he hits it for a pop.
Riddle watches from ringside as Orton hits the mat and readies for the RKO. Omos pulls AJ out of the ring to avoid the RKO. Fans boo them. Riddle runs over but Omos catches him in mid-air leaping of the steps, and chokeslams him into the edge of the apron. AJ drops Orton over the top rope as he fights back in. Riddle comes back at ringside and sends Omos face-first into the ring post but he’s still up. AJ with a big moonsault DDT to Riddle from the apron on the floor.
Orton dodges the Phenomenal Forearm and AJ rolls through. AJ blocks the RKO and they tangle. Orton drops AJ with the RKO for the pin to win the straps.
Winners and New RAW Tag Team Champions: Randy Orton and Riddle
– After the match, fans pop big time as Orton and Riddle stand tall with the titles. Orton’s music hits and they pose in the corners as fans cheer them on. We go to replays. Orton is all smiles as he and Riddle pose together in the middle of the ring.
– We get a video package for the next match.
Eva Marie vs. Alexa Bliss
We go back to the ring and out comes Eva Marie with Doudrop first. Alexa Bliss is out next and she’s carrying Lilly. Bliss puts Lilly on the top turnbuckle and here we go.
The bell rings and Bliss dodges Eva, and again, sending Eva to the floor but she lands on her feet and acts like she meant to do that. Eva comes back in but Bliss goes behind and grabs her. Eva switches up but Bliss rocks her with a back elbow. Eva charges but Bliss trips her face-first into the mat. Bliss keeps control as some fans chant for Bray Wyatt. Eva with right hands and a knee to the gut to put Bliss down.
Eva goes to the top but grabs Lilly and raises her int he air, then slaps the doll around. Bliss sees this and she’s not happy. Eva taunts Bliss with Lilly now. Eva laughs as Bliss looks on. Eva slaps Bliss with the doll. Bliss screams at Eva and begins leveling her with clotheslines, then a Thesz Press and right hands as Doudrop watches from ringside.
Eva crawls for Doudrop but Bliss drags her back and hits the senton for a 2 count. Bliss sits up and she’s annoyed. Bliss grabs Lilly as Eva begs Doudrop for help. Bliss climbs the corner and raises Lilly in the air, to some cheers. Eva pleads with Doudrop and Drop gives her a thumbs up. Bliss trips Eva face-first into the corner. Bliss climbs up but misses Twisted Bliss as Eva moves. Eva covers for a close 2 count, and another.
Eva argues with the referee now. Bliss gets up and kicks her, then drops her with a DDT in the middle of the ring for the pin to win.
Winner: Alexa Bliss
– After the match, Bliss stands tall as her music hits. Eva is down at ringside, begging Doudrop to help her up. Bliss makes her exit with Lilly, laughing at Eva. Doudrop walks away from Eva and doesn’t help her up. Doudrop takes the mic and announces Eva as the loser of the match. Fans cheer Doudrop on. Eva is shocked at Doudrop’s behavior. Doudrop puts Eva’s jacket on and continues taunting her as Eva seethes, mouth open in shock. Doudrop walks away with Eva’s robe on as Eva yells about how she made Doudrop.
– Back from a break and celebrity Mario Lopez is backstage. He interviews new RAW Tag Team Champions Riddle and Randy Orton. Orton says he meant what he said when he said they are back. It will be smooth sailing from here, he says, because they will use the three most destructive letters in sports entertainment… R-K-… Bro? Orton walks off. Riddle says he has a surprise for Orton at RAW.
WWE United States Title Match: Damian Priest vs. Sheamus
We go back to the ring and out comes Damian Priest for the next match. We see recent happenings that led to this match. Out next comes WWE United States Champion Sheamus.
The bell rings and they lock up, tangling into the corner and the ropes. Sheamus takes Priest down and grounds him. Priest fights up but Sheamus takes him back down. Priest turns it around on the mat. Sheamus takes Priest back down into another hold. Sheamus drops Priest with a shoulder and poses for a pop. They run the ropes and Priest levels Sheamus with a kick. Sheamus with a big open hand strike and more shots.
Priest rocks him with a right hand and leaps into the corner with a splash. Priest with a suplex for a 2 count. Priest dumps Sheamus to the apron and they trade shots. Priest kicks Sheamus to the floor. Priest runs the ropes and leaps over the top, taking Sheamus down with a kick but Priest also lands bad. The referee counts. Priest ends up mounting a bunch of strikes at ringside but Sheamus catches him in mid-air and slams him into the ring post. Sheamus poses to boos. Sheamus brings it back in and works Priest over. Sheamus with a big belly-to-back suplex but Priest hangs on. Sheamus grounds Priest with a headlock now.
Priest tries to make a comeback but Sheamus rocks him and hits a backbreaker, holding Priest over his knee and taking the time to flex. Sheamus keeps Priest down and shows off some, wasting time. Sheamus grounds Priest again, talking trash as fans try to rally for Priest. Priest fights back but Sheamus rocks him. Priest counters a move with a hurricanrana. Sheamus keeps control and drops Priest for another 2 count. Sheamus takes Priest to the apron and goes for 10 Beats of the Bodhrán but Priest resists. Sheamus hits them anyway and puts Priest down.
Sheamus wastes more time and talks trash while Priest is down as fans boo. Sheamus looks to catch Priest with a big Spinebuster but Priest turns it into a DDT. Priest rocks Sheamus in the middle of the ring now. Priest mounts offense and levels Sheamus with two clotheslines. Priest with more offense and the Bell Clap now. Priest kicks Sheamus and goes to the top for a big flying spin kick. Sheamus kicks out at 2.
Sheamus blocks The Reckoning and delivers the Fireman’s Carry roll. Sheamus with a big counter to stop Priest from yanking him off the top rope, and a flying clothesline from the top rope. Sheamus with an Alabama Slam for a close 2 count in the middle of the ring. Sheamus shows some frustration now. He yells in Priest’s face. Priest fights from the mat but takes a stiff headbutt. Sheamus calls for the finish as he waits for Priest to get up. Priest blocks the Brogue Kick with a big kick of his own. Priest with the South of Heaven move but Sheamus kicks out at 2.
Priest unloads on Sheamus with forearms to the back. Sheamus gets up and Priest kicks him in the face. Priest leaps from the second rope but Sheamus meets him in mid-air with a jumping knee to the face. Priest kicks out at 2 and Sheamus can’t believe it. Sheamus goes for the Cloverleaf submission now but Priest rolls him for 2. Sheamus with a takedown into a heel hook submission now. Priest yells out and reaches for the bottom rope but he’s not close.
Priest sits up in the hold and takes off Sheamus’ face mask. Priest unloads with strikes to get out of the hold. They get up and Priest drops Sheamus face-first into the top turnbuckle, then levels him with a heel kick. Priest delivers The Broken Arrow for the pin to win the strap.
Winner and New WWE United States Champion: Damian Priest
– After the match, Priest stands tall as fans pop for the title win. We go to replays as the music hits. Priest celebrates with the title and makes his exit, raising it in the air.
– Cole and McAfee show us recent happenings between The Usos and The Mysterios. Rey and Dominik Mysterio are backstage now. Dominik apologizes for the loss on SmackDown but Rey hypes him up for the next match.
SmackDown Tag Team Titles Match: The Mysterios vs. The Usos
We go back to the ring and out come The Mysterios – Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos are out next – Jimmy Uso and Jey Uso.
Rey and Jimmy start things off. Rey looks for an early 619 attempt but he can’t get it. Dominik sends Jey to the floor next to his brother as he tries to get involved. Rey with a baseball slide to take the champs down at ringside. Dominik then springboards to take down both of the champs at ringside. Dominik tags in and slips but flies off the top rope to take Jimmy down for a 2 count. Dominik with the three suplexes to pay tribute to WWE Hall of Famer Eddie Guerrero. Jey tagged in and Dominik didn’t see it. Dominik goes to the top and Jey shoves him to the floor.
Jey shoves Dominik into the ring post and talks some trash, grounding him. The Usos with a big backbreaker – top rope attack double team to Dominik now. Jey keeps control and headbutts Dominik for a 2 count. Jimmy with a cheap shot while the referee is distracted. Dominik fights both of The Usos from the corner now but he gets leveled by a big uppercut from Jey. Jey with a snap suplex now as The Usos show off to boos.
Jey with another suplex and some showing off as they keep Dominik down. Jey stops the tag and goes for a suplex but Dominik blocks it. Dominik drops Jey with a neckbreaker and they’re both down now. Rey and Jimmy get the tags as fans pop. Rey unloads on Jimmy and dodges a corner splash. Rey springboards with the moonsault and it’s caught but Rey drops Jimmy off the counter. Jimmy kicks out at 2.
Rey keeps control and knocks Jey off the apron but Jimmy levels him with a superkick for a close 2 count. Jey tags in and they stalk Rey now. Rey counters and sends Jimmy to the floor. Jey attacks and kicks Rey. Rey fights Jey off but gets superkicked out of the air off a crossbody attempt. Jey goes to the top and hits a big Uso Splash to Rey for a close 2 count. Jey can’t believe it and he now argue with the referee.
Jimmy tags in and goes to the top while Jey goes to the other corner but Jey is stopped by Dominik. Dominik and Jey fight on the apron and Dominik gets dropped to the floor. Rey dodges the Uso Splash from Jimmy. Rey drops Jimmy into position for 619 and he nails it for a big pop. Rey kicks Jey from the apron. He goes back to the top for the splash to Jimmy but Jimmy gets his knees up.
Jimmy superkicks Rey and in comes Jey off the tag. They hit the double superkicks to Rey at once. Jey goes back to the top and hits the big splash to Rey for the pin to retain.
Winners: The Usos
– After the match, The Usos stand tall with the straps as the music hits. Dominik comes in to check on his dad but The Usos taunt them. The Mysterios exit the ring as Dominik and the referee check on Rey at ringside. The Usos continue their celebration in the ring.
– Back from a break and actress Tiffany Haddish is backstage with new WWE United States Champion Damian Priest. She introduces him as the new National Champion. Priest talks about how Sheamus is a bully and it was great taking the title from a bully. He goes on about being from New York City and how this title win proves this is the land of opportunity, no matter what the haters say.
– We go back to the ring and Rick Boogs is out with his guitar. He says this musical interlude is so that the WWE Universe can party with the one true King of WWE. Boogs goes on and introduces WWE Intercontinental Champion King Shinsuke Nakamura and out he comes to a big pop. Boogs plays as Nakamura does his entrance. McAfee dances on top of the announce table and they join him as the crowd goes wild.
– Cole sends us to a video package for the SmackDown Women’s Title match. Raj Giri of WrestlingInc reported about an hour ago that Sasha Banks will not be working the show tonight.
SmackDown Women’s Title Match: Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair
We go back to the ring and out comes SmackDown Women’s Champion Bianca Belair to a pop. She swings her hair around and dances to the ring. Greg Hamilton announces that Sasha Banks is unable to compete, so Belair will defend her title against the most beautiful woman in all of WWE, Carmella. The music hits and out comes Carmella as Belair looks on confused.
SmackDown Women’s Title Match: Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair
Carmella makes her way to the ring and SmackDown Women’s Champion Bianca Belair looks annoyed. The crowd seems deflated at the match change. Belair seethes as Carmella does her entrance, laughing at her. Belair takes the mic and says it may not be tonight but sooner than later it will be she and Sasha Banks in the ring, but until then… she’s just going to take her frustrations out on Carmella and beat her dusty little self, right now, Belair says. They argue as the bell hits but the music interrupts and out comes Becky Lynch to a big pop. Lynch is fired up as is the crowd. Belair is also hyped up as Lynch heads to the ring.
Becky’s shirt says “The Man’s Back In Vegas.” Becky looks at both competitors, then kicks Carmella and throws her out of the ring. Becky tells Belair she’ll be right back. Becky goes to ringside and sends Carmella into the steel steps. Fans chant Becky’s name now. Becky comes back in and faces off with Belair as fans cheer them on. The staredown goes on for a minute as the crowd gets louder. Becky asks for a mic and proposes she and Belair blow the roof off the stadium, for the title. Belair tares Becky down and gestures for the match to happen. The bell rings and the match is on.
Lynch offers her hand for a shake but instead she decks Belair in the jaw, and drops her with the pumphandle slam to win the title in seconds.
Winner and New SmackDown Women’s Champion: Becky Lynch
– After the match, Becky takes the title and yells that she’s back. Her music hits and fans still cheer her on. Belair sits up in the corner and she’s not happy. Lynch celebrates as we go to replays. Lynch hits the corner to pose with the title in the air now. Belair makes her exit, mouthing at Lynch from the entrance way. Becky looks back from the corner, continuing to taunt Belair.
– Back from the break and Rome introduces Olympic gold medal wrestlers Gable Steveson and Tamyra Mensah-Stock. They come down the entrance and walk to the ring for a Parade of Olympians as fans cheer them on.
Jinder Mahal vs. Drew McIntyre
We go back to the ring and out comes Jinder Mahal first. Veer and Shanky are banned from ringside in this match. Out next comes Drew McIntyre to a big pop, carrying his sword, Angela.
The bell rings and Drew rams Jinder back into the corner, delivering a big chop. Drew with a big clothesline and more offense to shut Jinder down. Drew calls for an early Claymore but Jinder rolls to the floor to avoid it.
Drew follows but Jinder decks him on the apron. Dew blocks a shot into the steel ring steps, then launches Jinder overhead on the floor. Jinder begs on his knees in the ring now, saying they used to be like brothers and Drew doesn’t have to do this. Drew blocks a cheap shot but Jinder levels him with a big kick to the face for a 2 count. Jinder grounds Drew and puts knees to the back now. Jinder with a knee drop for 2.
Jinder keeps Drew down and works him over, stopping to show off some. Jinder stomps while Drew is down at the bottom rope. Jinder grounds Drew now and talks some trash while working on the shoulder in the middle of the ring.
Drew rocks Jinder with a Glasgow Kiss headbutt. Drew launches Jinder overhead and mounts more offense. Drew with a Futureshock DDT in the middle of the ring. Drew heads to the corner to call for the Claymore now. Fans count with him as they wait for Jinder to get back up. Drew charges with the Claymore and levels Jinder for the pin to win.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
– After the match, Drew stands tall as the music hits. Veer and Shanky come down to check on Jinder now. They stare Drew down but he grabs Angela and sends them retreating from the ring. Drew raises the sword in the air as we get a replay of the finish.
– We get a video package for the next match.
Triple Threat for the RAW Women’s Title: Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley vs. Nikki A.S.H.
We go back to the ring and out first comes RAW Women’s Champion Nikki A.S.H. to a pop. Rhea Ripley is out next to another pop. Charlotte Flair is out next as the pyro goes off at the entrance. Rome does formal ring introductions.
They all face off and Flair shoves Nikki to the mat. They go at it now and Nikki dumps Ripley to the floor. Nikki mounts Flair in the corner and delivers a monkey flip. Ripley comes back in and goes for Nikki but Nikki rolls her for a 2 count. Flair attacks Nikki and sends her to the floor. Flair and Ripley go at it now. Ripley with shoulder thrusts in the corner. Flair fights but Ripley sends her to the apron. Nikki runs back in and uses Ripley to kick Flair off the apron. Ripley and Nikki go at it now. Flair runs right back in and levels Nikki and then attacks Ripley.
Flair and Ripley trade shots in the corner now. Nikki runs back in and attacks Flair but Flair decks her and slams her on top of Ripley. Flair goes to the top for a big moonsault but Ripley gets her knees up. Nikki ends up taking Ripley down and countering Flair. Flair sends Nikki out and levels Ripley with a big boot for a 2 count. Flair taunts Ripley and smacks her. Ripley smacks back and unloads with clotheslines. Flair ducks a slap but Ripley headbutts her to stun her. Ripley stops Nikki from getting on the apron, then hits a low dropkick to Flair for a pop.
Ripley kicks Flair and nails a Northern Lights suplex for a close 2 count. Ripley grabs Flair from behind but Flair elbows her away. Flair whips Ripley hard into the corner and she lands on the floor. Flair stops Ripley from entering from the apron. Nikki runs in but Flair blocks the monkey flip. Nikki keeps fighting and drops Flair with a tornado DDT for a close 2 count. Nikki dropkicks Ripley through the ropes to stop her from coming back in. Flair scoops Nikki for a slam but Ripley grabs them both from behind for a double stack German suplex for a pop. Ripley goes to the top for the missile dropkick to Flair and she hits it. Flair kicks out at 2.
Ripley is a bit frustrated now. Flair and Ripley unload on each other at ringside with strikes. Nikki flies at both of them from the top rope, taking them down with a crossbody. Nikki celebrates at ringside as we get a replay. Nikki brings Flair back in but here comes Ripley also. Ripley and Nikki with a double suplex to Flair, holding her high in the air. Flair turns that into a double DDT. Flair kips up for a big pop from the crowd.
Flair stalks Ripley on the mat. Flair with a big chop, then one to take Nikki back down. Flair chops Ripley and Nikki over and over now as the crowd “Wooo’s!” along with her. Flair avoids the double team and keeps fighting, sending Nikki to the floor. Flair then back-drops Ripley high in the air to the floor. Flair goes to the top and hits the corkscrew moonsault to the floor, taking both opponents down for a big pop from the crowd. Flair brings Ripley back in but Nikki holds her ankle, which allows Ripley to go to work on Flair. Nikki fights back in and covers Ripley for 2 after they take Flair out. Ripley with the inverted Cloverleaf submission to Nikki in the middle of the ring now. Flair runs n and breaks it. Ripley rocks Flair and drops her. Ripley stomps Flair and applies the same submission to her now. Flair breaks it and slams Ripley on her face.
Flair goes right into the Figure Four, then bridges into the Figure Eight on Ripley. Nikki flies in and breaks it up but lands bad and hurts her knee. Ripley screams in pain as Nikki goes to put Flair away. Ripley breaks it up just in time. Ripley goes for the Riptide on Nikki but Nikki counters into a DDT. Nikki limps to the top and goes for a crossbody but Flair dodges it. Flair applies the Figure Four to Nikki now in the middle of the ring. Flair bridges into the Figure Eight as Nikki reaches and screams out. Nikki taps out for the finish.
Winner and New RAW Women’s Champion: Charlotte Flair
– After the match, Flair takes the title and sits up on her knees as the music hits and some fans cheer her on. Ripley sits against the barrier at ringside and looks on as Flair raises the title in the ring. Nikki clutches her knee while still down on the mat. We go to replays. Flair raises the title in the air to end the segment.
– Back from a break and we get a video of Titus O’Neil talking about the WWE Community events held in Las Vegas this week.
– We get a video package for the next match.
Seth Rollins vs. Edge
We go back to the ring and out first comes Seth Rollins. We wait a few seconds before The Brood music hits and out comes WWE Hall of Famer Edge. Flames rise up as Edge comes from underneath like The Brood once did. Edge marches down the ramp as the red lights flash. He stops and kneels as the lights go dark. Edge’s normal theme starts up now as he finishes marching to the ring to a big pop.
The bell rings and they stare each other down. They go at it and Edge dodges a shot, then drops Rollins with a right hand. Rollins seethes as Edge smiles at him. They lock up and Edge applies a headlock. Rollins fights out but Edge clotheslines him over the top rope to the floor. Rollins comes in swinging but Edge blocks and works him over. They end up on the floor and Edge keeps control against the barrier. They bring it back in and Edge knocks Rollins back to the floor.
Edge baseball slides back out but Rollins side-steps and sends him into the ring post. Rollins sends Edge neck-first into the post now as the referee counts. Rollins beats Edge around the ringside area and slams his head back into the steel steps a few times as fans boo. Rollins brings Edge back into the ring and grabs him for a neckbreaker in the middle of the ring. Edge kicks out at 2.
Rollins beats Edge around the ring for a few more minutes, focusing on the neck. Edge avoids a Stomp but Rollins keeps control and delivers another neckbreaker. Rollins sits up and laughs, taunting Edge over his neck. Fans try to rally for Edge now. Edge blocks right hands and fights back in the middle of the ring. Rollins with a knee to the gut. Edge runs into a big boot in the corner. Rollins springboards in from the apron with a flying knee to the head. Edge kicks out at 2.
Rollins keeps Edge down and poses over him in the middle of the ring as some fans boo. Edge blocks a neckbreaker and back-slides Rollins for 2. Edge slams Rollins face-first into the mat. Edge with a running shoulder thrust into the corner. Edge takes Rollins to the top now, climbing up on is back. Rollins fights back with elbows to the back of the neck. Rollins sends Edge to the mat. Rollins turns around on top and hits the big Frogsplash but Edge still kicks out just in time. Rollins waits for Edge to get up in the corner now. Edge rolls under the ropes to avoid another Stomp attempt. Rollins isn’t happy. Rollins talks some trash and climbs to the second turnbuckle. He grabs Edge for a big superplex to the floor but Edge fights back. Edge climbs up to the top now, as does Rollins. Edge hits a super swinging neckbreaker from the top to the mat. They both land hard and are flat on their backs now.
Fans try to rally for Edge now. They both slowly get up using the ropes. Rollins charges but Edge slams him throat-first into the top. Edge with a clothesline and a boot to drop Rollins. Edge with the Edge-ucution DDT for a close 2 count in the middle of the ring. Edge goes on but Rollins turns it around in the corner. Edge side-steps a superkick and drops Rollins for another close pin attempt. Edge climbs to the top but he takes too much time. Rollins runs up and nails a big superplex, then holds that for the Falcon Arrow in the middle of the ring. Edge still kicks out at 2 and Rollins can’t believe it.
Rollins waits in the corner now as Edge slowly recovers. Edge dodges the Stomp. Rollins goes for the Pedigree and it’s blocked. Edge pays homage to his wife WWE Hall of Famer Beth Phoenix and delivers the Glam Slam in the middle of the ring for a close 2 count. Rollins crawls away as Edge stares him down. Edge grabs Rollins but Rollins slams him throat-first over the top rope. Rollins follows up and snaps Edge’s neck back over the top with a neckbreaker. Rollins goes for the Stomp on the apron but Edge moves and sends Rollins into the ring post.
Edge tuns and delivers a big Spear now, sending Rollins from the apron to the floor. They both land hard on the floor and fans chant “holy shit!” as we get a replay. Rollins goes face-first into the ringside LED board. Edge brings it back into the ring for a close 2 count. Edge sits up in the corner, wide-eyed, and looks around Allegiant Stadium as fans cheer him on. Edge goes for the Spear but Rollins turns it into a Pedigree for another close 2 count.
Rollins goes to the top now but he’s struggling. Rollins with a corkscrew moonsault but he has to land on his feet as Edge moves. Edge comes right back with a big Spear for a close 2 count. Rollins kicks out and Edge can’t believe it. The crowd is also shocked. Fans chant “this is awesome!” after the replay now. Rollins blocks the Killswitch and rocks Edge with a right hand. Rollins with a stiff shot to the back of the neck, then a superkick to knock Edge over from his knees.
Rollins readies for the Stomp now, waiting in the corner for Edge to get back up. Edge turns over and catches the Stomp. He shoves Rollins to the mat and applies the Edge-ucator submission now as fans pop. Rollins crawls for the bottom rope but Edge tightens the hold, then pulls Rollins back to the middle of the ring. Rollins rolls Edge for a 2 count. Edge goes right into the Crossface submission as fans cheer him on. Edge turns Rollins back over into the middle of the ring and tightens the Crossface. Rollins breaks it but Edge starts slamming his face into the mat, over and over and over and then some. Edge quickly applies a Crossface Sleeper while they’re still on the mat now. Rollins holds on for just a few seconds and then taps out for the finish.
– After the match, Edge stands tall as his music hits. Rollins heads to the floor to recover. Edge stands tall at the ropes, looking down at Rollins. Edge raises his arms in victory as fans cheer him on. We go to replays. Edge continues the celebration as the crowd pops.
– Money In the Bank 2022 is announced for July 4th weekend at Allegiant Stadium. Mike Rome is in the ring now to announce SummerSlam attendance at 51,326 fans. We see shots of fans in the crowd.
– We see how The Miz and Mike Morrison came to the Kickoff pre-show in a Pure Life water truck, teasing a surprise for the pay-per-view. Miz and Morrison are introduced now and they come to the ring. They go on about the desert heat and how they’re here to cool everyone off. Miz is ready to bring out the Drip Stick 2000 to wet everyone up but they’re confused over who was supposed to bring it. The New Day’s Xavier Woods comes out through the crowd. He’s wearing a water tank on his back, with the Pure Life logo on it. It’s attached to a large water gun. This is the Drip Stick 2000.
Woods says they left the Drip Stick 2000 in their unattended truck and he took it. Morrison wants the gun so they can take care of everyone’s dryness. Woods says the only dry ones in the stadium are Miz and Morrison. Miz threatens Woods and says there’s only one of him, and two of them, so give the Drip Stick 2000 over. Woods pays tribute to WWE Hall of Famer Scott Hall and does a “Hey yo!” survey, asking fans if they want him to give the gun over, or wet them with it. The back & forth continues on the mic. Miz warns Woods not to use the Drip Stick 2000 on them, but he starts spraying them anyway. Miz and Morrison are soaked as they finally retreat. Woods plays to the crowd as The New Day’s music starts up and we get a replay.
– We get a video package for tonight’s WWE Title match.
WWE Title Match: Bill Goldberg vs. Bobby Lashley
We go back to the ring and out first comes WWE Champion Bobby Lashley with MVP. Lashley marches to the ring and poses in the corner as the pyro goes off. Out next comes WWE Hall of Famer Bill Goldberg as the “Goldberg!” chants start up. The camera cuts backstage to security knocking on Goldberg’s locker room door. He comes out and makes his way through the backstage area. Goldberg walks through the smoke and stops for a few seconds, staring the ring down. Goldberg makes his way to the ring as Lashley looks on. We get formal ring introductions from Rome.
The bell hits and they stare each other down. They lock up and tangle into the ropes, then the corner. They break and Goldberg backs off. Lashley shoves Goldberg and then runs into him with a shoulder but Goldberg doesn’t budge. Goldberg takes Lashley down with a flying shoulder. Goldberg catches Lashley with a body slam, then a powerslam in the middle of the ring.
Goldberg stands tall as some fans boo. Goldberg sends Lashley into the corner and clotheslines him. Goldberg levels Lashley in the middle of the ring with a clothesline. The referee checks on Lashley. Lashley fights back with right hands now, beating Goldberg down to one knee and then to the mat. Lashley looks to use the Jackhammer but Goldberg prevents it. They tangle for a few seconds and Lashley slams Goldberg, then pounds on him.
Lashley goes to the top but Goldberg catches him and slams him to the mat from up top. Goldberg waits in the corner now as Lashley recovers. Some fans boo. Lashley gets up but MVP pulls him to the floor to avoid the Spear. Goldberg runs around the ring and hits the Spear to Lashley at ringside, putting him down on the floor.
Goldberg puts Lashley back in and follows. Goldberg readies for another Spear but MVP hits him with the cane in the back of the knee from the floor. Lashley takes advantage and takes Goldberg’s leg out with a chop block. Goldberg slowly gets up but Lashley chokeslams him in the middle of the ring, driving him into the mat. Lashley stalks Goldberg now as he slowly gets up. Lashley goes for The Hurt Lock but Goldberg resists now.
Goldberg elbows Lashley away as fans boo. Goldberg gets dropped and he lands bad on his head. Goldberg rolls to the floor for a breather. MVP argues with the referee. Lashley goes out and scoops Goldberg to run him into the ring post. Goldberg hits hard and goes down at ringside as Lashley gets hyped up at ringside, playing to the crowd. Lashley stops the count and goes back out, running Goldberg head-first into the ring post once again. Lashley shows off at ringside and plays to the crowd for another mixed reaction.
Lashley brings it back in but Goldberg goes down and clutches his knee as the referee checks on him. Goldberg slowly gets back to his feet but he goes right back down on the knee. The referee calls the match.
Winner by Referee Stoppage: Bobby Lashley
– Lashley looks shocked as the referee calls the match. Lashley brings a steel chair int he ring and takes Goldberg’s leg out as he gets back up. Lashley goes to unload with chair shots now to keep Goldberg down until the referee stops him. Lashley screams at Goldberg while delivering chair shots. Lashley continues to focus on the leg while keeping Goldberg down. Goldberg’s son Gage runs in and jumps on Lashley’s back but Lashley puts him down with The Hurt Lock. MVP stands with Lashley now. MVP takes the mic and says there was no way Lashley could’ve know that was Goldberg’s son attacking him from behind, it could’ve been anyone. Lashley raises the WWE Title at ringside as MVP announces him as the champion. The music hits as MVP and Lashley head to the back. Goldberg checks on his son and yells out at Lashley, saying he’s going to kill the champ. The segment ends.
– We get a video package for tonight’s main event.
WWE Universal Title Match: John Cena vs. Roman Reigns
We go back to the ring for tonight’s main event as John Cena makes his way out to a big reaction. Cena rushes to the ring as fans cheer him on. Out next comes WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns with Paul Heyman. Reigns heads to the ring as Cena sits on the top turnbuckle and watches. Reigns raises the title in the middle of the ring now. We get formal ring introductions from Hamilton.
Fans are riled up as the bell hits. Cena throws a few jabs and smiles at Reigns. They go to lock up but stall some, backing away and getting a feel for the crowd. Cena plays to the crowd and taunts Reigns. They finally lock up and Cena applies a headlock to start. Reigns drops Cena with a shoulder but he gets right back up. Reigns talks some trash.
They lock back up and Cena takes Reigns down for a 2 count. Cena warns Reigns with the “1-2-3” taunt. They go for a test of strength but Cena takes Reigns down with another roll-up for 2. Reigns works Cena over and drops him with a right. Reigns plays to the crowd, and drops Reigns with another right hand. Reigns talks some more trash and keeps Cena down. Reigns wastes some time yelling at the crowd while Cena recovers. Reigns whips Cena hard into the turnbuckles and he goes back down. Reigns taunts Cena about going to Hollywood.
Reigns with a suplex now. Reigns grounds Cena but Cena fights to his feet. Reigns puts him back down and stands tall over him. Reigns with another suplex for a 2 count. Reigns ends up tossing Cena through the ropes to the floor. Reigns taunts the crowd from the apron. Reigns follows to the floor but Cena blocks a right hand and fights back with right hands. Cena whips Reigns shoulder-first into the steel ring steps. Reigns stands on the steps now and raises his fist in the air for mostly boos. Reigns keeps Cena down at ringside and grabs the Universal Title, raising it in the air and taunting the fans some more.
Cena rolls back in the ring to break the count. Reigns comes back in and Cena rolls him for 2. Cena charges but Reigns levels him with a shoulder. Reigns kneels down and talks some more trash to Cena. Reigns blocks the Attitude Adjustment and drops Cena with a DDT for a close 2 count. Reigns looks to the camera and apologizes to Hollywood movie executives for beating Cena’s ass. Cena gets up and looks to mount some offense but Reigns shuts him right back down and keeps the trash talking going.
Cena with another roll-up attempt out of nowhere but Reigns kicks out. Reigns goes right into a Sleeper hold and Cena starts to fade. Cena powers back up to his feet as fans rally. Reigns keeps the hold locked and jumps on Cena’s back now. More of the same now. Cena mounts offense with his signature shoulder blocks now. Cena stands over Reigns and calls for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Reigns rocks him and brings him into the Guillotine. Cena breaks free and jackknifes Reigns for a 2 count. Reigns comes right back with a Superman Punch to shut Cena’s momentum down once again.
Cena drops Reigns again and this time hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena then delivers the Attitude Adjustment but Reigns kicks out right before the 3 count. Cena is a bit frustrated now. Cena gets the STF applied now but Reigns drags them to the bottom rope. Reigns gets the bottom rope and breaks the hold but the referee has to use the 5 count as Cena keeps it locked in.
Reigns rolls to the floor and limps around to regroup. Reigns goes down to one knee. Cena follows but Reigns nails him with the Drive By. Fans do dueling chants now. Reigns runs around the ring but Cena catches him and puts him through the announce table with the Attitude Adjustment. Heyman looks on shocked and fans go wild. Cena rushes to grab Reigns and roll him back in the ring but Reigns kicks out. Cena can’t believe it.
Cena goes to the top for the big leg drop but Reigns catches him in mid-air, slamming him for a close 2 count. Cena ends up blocking the Superman punch as they go back & forth again. Reigns drops Cena with another Superman Punch attempt but Cena kicks out at 2. Reigns is frustrated. Cena side-steps the Spear and Reigns runs into the ring post, going down on the apron. Cena brings Reigns to the top turnbuckle now. Cena climbs up for a super Attitude Adjustment from the second rope. Cena nails it but Reigns kicks out right before the 3 count. Cena is flat on his back now, in shock, and the Vegas crowd can’t believe it.
Cena mocks Reigns’ yell from the corner and some fans boo. Cena charges but Reigns rocks him. They trade big right hands in the middle of the ring now as fans go along with them. Cena unloads with right hands now but Reigns stuns him. Reigns with a Superman Punch, and another to drop Cena flat on his back. Reigns yells out about how this is all him, he is WWE. Reigns waits in the corner now as Cena slowly recovers. Reins yells out and calls for the Spear, then delivers it for the pin to retain.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– After the match, Reigns stands tall as Heyman rings the title to him. The music hits and Reigns celebrates. The music stops and Brock Lesnar’s familiar music interrupts, sending Allegiant Stadium into a frenzy. Reigns is riled up and Heyman looks very worried. Lesnar is jacked up as he marches to the ring. Lesnar stands on the ring steps and smiles while staring Reigns down. Lesnar enters the ring and stares Reigns down. Lesnar gets closer, nodding at Reigns and Heyman. Lesnar has a few words for Reigns but we can’t hear them. Reigns backs away as fans boo. Reigns exits the ring, still staring Lesnar down. Heyman backs away with Reigns, mouth still hanging open. Reigns raises the Universal Title in the air and says not tonight. Lesnar’s music starts back up as he raises his arms in the air, playing to each side of the crowd as they cheer him on. Reigns and Heyman head to the back. WWE SummerSlam goes off the air with Lesnar standing tall in the ring.