Max Caster suspended by AEW

Aug 10, 2021 - by Marc Middleton

AEW has reportedly suspended Max Caster.

As noted earlier, The Acclaimed (Caster, Anthony Bowens) vs. Hunter Knott and Rosaria Grillo had been announced for tonight’s AEW Dark episode on YouTube, but AEW deleted the Twitter announcement and re-posted it, with on mention of that match. It was speculated that The Acclaimed was pulled from tonight’s show due to fallout from last week’s controversial rap by Caster on the 100th episode of Dark. For those who missed it, AEW edited Caster’s controversial rap out of last Tuesday’s Dark show after he made controversial references to Olympian Simone Biles, the 2006 Duke Lacrosse rape allegations scandal, and AEW’s Julia Hart. You can read our original report with details on the rap at this link. It’s interesting to note that AEW filed copyright claims to have the footage removed from social media.

In an update, Caster has been suspended for two months without pay, according to Ringside News. It was noted that Caster must also enter sensitivity training, and pass those courses before being brought back.

After The Acclaimed’s match was pulled from AEW Dark earlier this morning, Caster removed references to the team and to AEW from his Twitter, but he is still with the company, just suspended. Caster has been quiet on social media since last week’s promo was edited from the 100th episode of Dark.

You can click here for what AEW President Tony Khan said about the controversial rap from last week and how he plans to prevent future incidents.

Stay tuned for more on Caster’s AEW status.

5 Responses

  1. Taxx W. Hoodchicken says:

    Giving green guys a hot mic AND not reviewing his “rap” beforehand especially after the Domino’s debacle…

  2. Great Mantis says:

    VOW has called this report baseless. SRS didn’t even report it.

    Ringside News has never once ever had a scoop.

  3. What? says:

    In other words, “umm, why don’t you stay away for a while until this all blows over. Then we can bring you back and pretend it never happened.”

  4. Great Mantis says:

    Vince marks taking this as legit. Gerweck should remove it. Ringside News is only legit for click bait. They have no contacts whatsoever.

  5. Joe A says:

    Imagine getting upset at a dude for poking fun at a 15 year old incident, which was then proven to be totally fabricated by the accuser…..All Snowflakes Wrestling is more like it.

Leave a Reply