Braun Strowman and more released

Jun 2, 2021 - by Marc Middleton

Photo Credit: World Wrestling Entertainment

WWE has reportedly parted ways with several top talents, according to Fightful Select.

The following talents were cut today:

* Braun Strowman
* Aleister Black
* Lana
* Ruby Riott
* Buddy Murphy
* Santana Garrett

Stay tuned for more.

1. Bulldawg says:

This is WWE’s loss for sure. Kinda ironic on how Braun will now know how it feels to work the Indies. Glad that we’ll get to see Tommy End, Heidi Lovelace & Matt Silva back since the E dropped the ball with them. Also Garrett is probably one of the greatest female wrestlers ever. I hope Lana doesn’t show up in AEW.

2. mth says:

Black is the most shocking/puzzling. You spend a month hyping his return, he comes back and attacks Big E, they put out a new t-shirt on WWEShop and then…nah, nevermind!
    Strowman was mishandled his entire career and Riott is one of the most underrated women they had. Those three rattle me the most.

3. Matt says:

So they built up Alistair black’s new character….for nothing. This is stupid, and Strowman was Universal Champion this time last year…what are they thinking?!?

4. Imma Hullo says:

On one hand it’s certainly been true the WWE roster has been overcrowded with many people having nothing to do.

On the other, the way WWE books the time they do have it’s beyond crazy that so much talent that had been used are being treated as easily disposable puzzle pieces.

As out of touch as Vince McMahon could be, i think we are seeing just how out of touch the likes of Nick Khan are to wrestling and other carny performances.

5. April Fangria says:

Not surprised by the Lana cut. She’s not a good wrestler and the storyline with Nia Jax got old pretty quick. I’m assuming she’ll show up in AEW with her husband, Miro. I can’t see Strowman going to Impact so he’s probably AEW bound as well. I don’t understand the Alistair cut though. They spent a lot of time on building a new character for him.

6. John says:

Black wasn’t that interesting so not so surprised. Never saw any value in Aleister. He was boring also Lana was bad. Overall it’s unfortunate that these people are out of a job though.

7. Kyle Christie says:

Man, I am truly stunned at Strowman and Aleister’s release. As others have said, they built Aleister up for a month or so, had a great return a couple of weeks ago in the main event and then he’s gone? As misused as Strowman had been at times, I really am shocked to see him go as I thought he would have been a favourite of Vince’s. The rest aren’t as shocking but I do hope they can go somewhere and be utilized well and that doesn’t mean AEW as they are becoming the WWE of old by having tons of talent but not being able to use them all.

8. Mackdeezy says:

Yes, but remember, Strowman was developing a bad reputation backstage. I think once they realized he wasnt going to be in their title pictuee for a while, they realized they didnt know what else to do with him. Sucks in his case, but of they’re using his slip ups against him, that’s partly on him.

9. Kyle Williamson says: