Video: new Eva Marie return vignette airs on WWE Raw

May 3, 2021 - by Marc Middleton

Photo Credit: WWE

Eva Marie is back with WWE.

Tonight’s WWE RAW featured a new vignette where Marie declared that “The Eva-lution” is coming soon.

“Do I have your attention?,” Marie asked in the vignette. “I’ve been thinking about where I’ve been and where I’m going. Do I have your attention now? Good. You know, on the road of life there are twists and turns, and I’ve always tried to be the one in control of my own life, and the independence that comes with it, but part of that is giving back. Now I have your attention. I want to be someone others look up to, I want to influence others to go after their own ambitions like I did. So, I’m back where my journey started. This is Eva-lution.”

It sounds like Eva could be working as a manager of sorts, but that has not been confirmed.

Eva tweeted after the vignette and wrote, “Do I have your attention? @wwe #EvaLution #WWERAW”

It was reported back in the fall of 2020 that Eva’s WWE return was in the works. She had been rumored for RAW appearances a few times since then, but there had been no concrete updates until now.

Eva first joined WWE in 2013 for Total Divas and the Divas Search, but left the company in August 2017 to focus on other interests outside of the company. She has done some acting and reality TV work since then, and has also launched her own fashion brands, among other projects. She has stayed away from pro wrestling for the most part, but was recently working with WWE Performance Center recruit Parker Boudreaux.

Stay tuned for more on Eva’s WWE return. Below is the vignette from tonight’s RAW, along with her related tweets:

1. John says:

This is not a popular opinion but she is useful compared to other women wrestlers. She will get a major reaction at least compared to other women. It’s negative but at least it’s a reaction. It’s organic and people hate this person. She has roman reigns or john cena heat that people want to see her get her butt kicked.

However I think this was a bad idea, here’s why I think she should have debuted in front a die hard crowd. Because she would have been booed so hard. I could write to explain my reason but I feel like it’s going to be an essay so in short she is a good heel but wwe should have debuted her in front of a live crowd

2. John says:

That was a mistake, they blew their load

3. Mackdeezy says:

Yes, WWE, thank you for hiring Eva back, I definitely would rather see her than Mickie James, Samoa Joe, Billie/Peyton, Chelsea Green, etc. Thank you for removing the dead weight to make room for this sleaze who once said she only used WWE to get her foot in Hollywood. Ugghhh.

4. Luke says:

@John (the first one)
    You don’t seem to be grasping the concept of heat. Heat draws. Eva Marie does not and is completely useless in a professional wrestling environment. People don’t boo her because they want to see her butt kicked, people boo her because they don’t want to see her at all.

5. Brian says:

Everyone: Give us Evolution 2!

WWE: Here’s ‘Eva-lution’

6. Bulldawg says:

They release one of the greatest female wrestlers of all time to sign the worst female wrestler of all time.

7. Pisto75666 says:

I swear she’s like the plague. She always comes back.

They really ditched Samoa Joe and the IIconics for this?

8. Stonz says:

She’ll be a flop. Vince just likes her rack lol.

9. Mackdeezy says:

Sometimes i wonder if it’s really Vince. An argument can be made for Beaver boy Kevin Dumb, and People Power himself.

10. Joseph says:

She has 4.6 million followers on Instagram. She’s in season one of Paradise City. Maybe that has something to do with them bringing her back. Maybe they think that the people who follow her on social media will start tuning in for Raw.

11. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

…..Wasn’t she the one always associated with that “next Brock Lesnar” kick? The one who was playing college football but isn’t now? I don’t know the whole story I just know his photos tend to trend. Not sure HOW / why she’s involved with him but maybe this is like a favor or something. Yeah she has a social media presence but the timing of his signing and her coming back (especially at her age) seem to go hand and hand.