Mickie James issues statement following trash bag incident

Apr 24, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

Mickie James, who on Twitter posted a trash bag containing her belongings sent from WWE after she was released, issued a statement after Mark Carrano from the talent relations department was fired.

“I take zero pride or joy in the fact that someone would lose their job ever. Especially someone I considered a friend,” James wrote. “I am confident that Vince & The McMahons had no idea that this is how we were sent packing. It hurt a fragile me much more ten years ago when my belongings arrived on my doorstep, because WWE was my everything.”

James noted that she is stronger today than she was 10 years ago and knows the way she was sent her items wasn’t a deliberate attack on her, but the symbolism cannot be denied. She said she was sorry that a thoughtless and tone deaf act would cost someone their job but she’s not sorry that she had the courage to ensure it would not happen ever again to someone who gets released.

“So if that’s my final mark in this company moving forward I am ok with that. When I first started in this business one of the best pieces of advice I received was, ‘Just leave the business better than you found it kid’ and that has always been my ultimate goal,” she continued. “I love you all so much. I am legitimately grateful for my time at WWE and throughout my whole career. I am looking forward to everything that is next. I truly hope you are too and perhaps you will join me.”

James said that hopefully this is the last time she addresses this and she has a lot of good things on the horizon and doesn’t want any of it tainted “with ugliness and negativity.”

FULL TEXT:

1. Gerry says:

What did she think was going to happen lol she obviously knew there be a negative reaction and someone would get in trouble.

2. Joseph says:

@Gerry – Maybe she thought there’d be a warning, or at least something less severe than a firing.

3. Steve says:

From all reports the sending of released wrestler stuff back home in garbage bag has been going on for a while, that someone lost their job for being a “d**khead” is justified. The WWE makes money from the talent not from a pencil pusher that deams themselves to be bwttwr than a qell trained athlete. While I admire Mickie James statment, I am glad the WWE is showing respect to thwir released talent

4. Squirt Angle says:

The symbolism that she attaches to things are fine, but they are hers. A bag may be marketed as a garbage bag, but the fact that they are sold all over cheaply in bulk, are large, are rather durable, and are light weight are probably the factors that go into choosing them. Again, they are marketed as garbage bags, but it doesn’t mean that this is the only purpose that they can serve. Anyway, it is more on her followers and the WWE than on Mickie James. Twitter and social media should be a place where people can vent. Others’ reactions to her just blowing off steam led to this.

5. Joseph says:

@Squirt Angle – You’re right. They are marketed as garbage bags, but they can be used for anything else. Only problem with that is that the WWE is a billion dollar company and it’s very unlikely that they would use garbage bags because they’re cheaper to buy.

6. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

@Joseph That is literally how a billion dollar company would operate lol. Anything that CAN be done cheaper that doesn’t play into the quality of life/work for those in administration CAN have corners cut. But even then they put the stuff in a bag (because water damage is a factor) and shipped it in a box. People are gonna have such painful backs from stretching so far on this one