Kayla Braxton: “I’m half black”

Apr 24, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

Kayla Braxton posted on Facebook:

To all the people questioning my extra tanner/ makeup last night or telling me I was appropriating another culture – ahem – I’m half black . And that black side really comes out after spending a few long days in the Hawaii sun. Sorry to disappoint. 😝

1. Joseph says:

Shouldn’t matter that she’s half black or not. People need to just shut up and stop with this cultural appropriation crap. She tans dark. Who cares? Some people tan that way. It’s just the way it is.

2. Kyle Christie says:

Agreed Joseph. I noticed that she looked darker but thought nothing of it. Crazy to think people are complaining about this.

3. dooman says:

does that mean she is half white too?

4. CRE says:

Who cares she’s hot regardless

5. Mackdeezy says:

Seriously, people need to get iver themselves. Cultural appropriation? Its offensive to not segregate? That’s just stupid.

6. Brad says:

In this day and age where people will complain and nit pick about everything, if that’s the only thing they can think of to complain about regarding her, then she’s doing pretty well. People just need to get a life.

7. art123guy says:

@Brad–Nitpick is one word.

“To nitpick means to complain or criticize something or someone over insignificant details. Nitpick is a verb, related words are nitpicks, nitpicked, nitpicking, nitpicker, nitpicky. Nitpick is occasionally found hyphenated, as in nit-pick, but the hyphenated form is found less and less. Surprisingly, nitpick is a relatively recent word, first used in the 1960s. It is a back-formation from nitpicking, first used in the 1950s. Nitpick seems to refer to the tiresome job of picking lice nits from hair, wigs or clothes. Lice nits are the eggs of the insect pest, the louse.”

Just saying.