Poll results: Does The Great Khali belong in the WWE hall of fame?

Mar 31, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

Does The Great Khali belong in the WWE hall of fame?

No (73%, 414 Votes)
Yes (27%, 153 Votes)

Total Voters: 567

1. What? says:

To be fair, I only voted “no” because “hell no” wasn’t an option.

2. Luke says:

I’d like to hear from someone that voted “yes”.

3. Matthew P Lightizer says:

Personally I voted yes because he is a very tall wrestler from India (Khali is India’s version of Andre and thus he very popular in India) who achived some success in WWE and not because of how good of wrestler Khali since Khali is very bad wrestler as he could hardly move in the ring.

4. Mumbai Kitchen says:

If Giant Haystacks (whom was known in the US as Loch Ness) and Big Daddy (aka Shirley Crabtree) were to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame via the Legacy Wing you would find that a lot of Brits whom grew on World of Sport’s Joint Promotions would agree that these two deserve to be in the WWE Hall of Fame. Khali is India’s Andre The Giant, Shirley Crabtree and Loch Ness in that he very popular and well known in his country of India.

5. Luke says:

@Matthew P Lightizer & Mumbai Kitchen
    Going by that logic Giant Gonzales deserves an induction as well…

6. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

I voted yes because he IS Hulk Hogan to a whole country. So much so that they edited his matches to make him champion even longer for the Indian audience. We all know he was total garbage but he did make an impact and move the needle in a needed market.

7. Joseph says:

I didn’t vote but I would have voted yes because he made a contribution to wrestling. Also, wasn’t he the first person from India to hold a WWE championship?

8. What? says:

I’m not going to tell anyone their opinion is wrong, but mine is that a Hall of Fame should be for people who did more than just “make an impact” in whatever said Hall of Fame is for. Lots of people “made a contribution.” Considerably fewer left a lasting legacy. In more than one country, at least.

Of course, this is all assuming that WWE’s Hall of Fame is a true Hall of Fame and not just part of their marketing department. In other words, if they need a PR/ratings boost in India, they’re inducting Khali, and they’ll put Boa in next year if they think it’ll help them in China. That’s how it goes.

9. Joseph says:

This is a hall of fame that not only inducts celebrities but also has the warrior award. In my opinion it’s a meaningless way for them to pay respect.