Notes on Jon Moxley, Riddle, and a new WWE signing

Feb 26, 2021 - by Steve Gerweck

Riddle has signed a new WWE contract that guarantees him a minimum of $1.2 million over 3 years, not including incentives and royalties.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Bobby Steveson has signed a WWE developmental deal. Steveson, a former heavyweight at the University of Minnesota and the older brother of potential Olympic heavyweight Gable Steveson, has already reported to the WWE Performance Center.

Jon Moxley Has Message To The Critics Of Exploding Barbed Wire Death Match: ‘Don’t Watch’

“I’d say you probably shouldn’t watch the pay-per-view then, or at least turn it off before that match happens.”

AEW Revolution happens March 7 on PPV 7:30/6:30C

—-

Follow GERWECK.NET on Twitter @gerweck or e-mail myself, Steve Gerweck with any news, updates, and/or corrections. Feel free to visit our T-shirt store via Pro Wrestling Tees

1. Really? says:

Mox nailed it. Wrestling, like anything else, won’t sustain itself by catering to the easily offended.

2. Luke says:

@Really?
    And yet he works for a company that caters mainly to the easily offended.

3. Rhys says:

@Luke Just because you make that statement, doesn’t make it true.

4. Jill says:

@Luke, offended? From what I can see the offended fans are the ones that fail to see that wrestling exists outside of the WWE.

5. Luke says:

@Rhys
    You’re absolutely right, that’s not what makes it true.

@Jill
    Most of the core AEW fan base sees and reacts to constructive criticism as a personal attack, you’re not allowed to say anything bad about Kenny, the Bucks, Jericho, Tony Khan, and a few others (and I don’t mean criticism from just fans, I’m talking about criticism from wrestling experts, including those working for AEW). If you want to grow, you need to listen. You can’t just automatically take offense to any criticism you don’t like. AEW isn’t growing, the proof is in the numbers. And of course wrestling exists outside of WWE, but what does that have to do with anything here?

6. Jill says:

@Luke, I mentioned wrestling outside of the WWE because a lot of fans of the WWE like to disrespect or bash anything outside of their “safe” realm. 700-800k views is pretty good considering tv is a dying breed, most people don’t have to watch wrestling anymore when you can see anything digital these days. I don’t see why a “wrestling” fan like yourself fails to see the positive in all these great promotions we have right now but some people are just hard to please.

7. Luke says:

@Jill
    I’m not talking about just TV numbers, we’ve evolved past that. Their viewer numbers in all channels have been pretty much constant from the start, which leads to the conclusion that AEW is not evolving from a business perspective, that they’re just retaining the fans who came onboard on launch. Point this out to hardcore AEW fans and they get butthurt. Why?
    And I’m not hard to please, give me back NWA Power and I’m all good, but when did this become about me?

8. Pisto75666 says:

@Luke

Because we’re not allowed to criticize the t shirt company. Cody and his followers get nosebleeds. Come on, you’re not new.