Brian Myers on WWE tribute to Brodie Lee on RAW: “This isn’t right”

Dec 29, 2020 - by Marc Middleton

Impact Wrestling star Brian Myers is not happy with WWE’s efforts to honor Brodie Lee (Jon Huber, fka Luke Harper) during this week’s RAW episode on the USA Network.

Myers (Curt Hawkins) took to Twitter tonight and called WWE out for not having a 10-bell salute or a video package on Lee’s career.

“No 10 bell salute? No video package? This man was beloved by his peers & we’re all grieving hard. This isn’t right,” Myers wrote.

As noted earlier, WWE opened RAW with a graphic “in memory” of Lee. Several Superstars also paid tribute to the former Wyatt Family member. You can click here to see the RAW tributes from WWE and WWE Champion Drew McIntyre. You can click here to see the RAW tributes from Xavier Woods, Alexa Bliss and Tom Phillips.

Lee passed away this past Saturday due to a non-COVID-19 lung issue. The AEW star was 41.

You can see Myers’ full tweet below:

1. Rob Dam Van! Shirt Typo! says:

I mean…I get his frustration but they don’t do that for everyone.

2. Pisto75666 says:

They’ve done it for non WWE things though. But also too, he wasn’t employed with them when he died so I kind of get why they wouldn’t.

3. Mike Oxmaul says:

I don’t think there’s an issue with what WWE did. If they’d done a 10-bell salute or a video package, then there would’ve been people criticizing them for it. I mean, who is Brian Myers anyway?

4. Bthb says:

I doubt that the video editors etc were working the Sunday after Christmas, they did put a YouTube video out but that is very different than creating a segment for tv from scratch. If they quickly put something together they get slammed for being uncaring and slapdash, see what happens on smackdown then speak if it’s needed

5. Steve says:

He wasn’t employed currently with the WWE . Its an unfortunate loss but the WWE did a respectful thing.

6. Disgruntled Jobber says:

@Mike.
    Brian Myers, fka Curt Hawkins. People need to understand there is plenty of grieving going on right now, so there’s going to be more than a few times where people let their emotion get the best of them.

7. Mike Oxmaul says: