Real Name: Frank Alvin Gotch
Weight: 210 lbs.
Date of Birth: April 27, 1877
Date of Death: December 16, 1917
Hometown: Humboldt, Iowa
Resided: Humboldt, Iowa
Pro Debut: 1899
Trained By: Martin Burns
Finishing Move: Toehold
– Gotch was the first American professional wrestler to win the World Heavyweight Free-Style Championship. He is credited for popularizing professional wrestling in the United States. He held the championship from 1908-1913.
– Gotch also held the American Heavyweight Championship (3x), American Catch-as-Catch-can Championship & the World Catch-as-Catch-can Championship.
– December 16, 1917, Gotch passed away due to uremic poisoning.
– 1951, Gotch was inducted into the Iowa Sports Hall of Fame.
– 1996, Gotch was inducted into the Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame.
– 1999, Gotch was inducted into the George Tragos/Lou Thesz Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.
– 2002, Gotch was inducted into the Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame & Museum.
– 2016, Gotch was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
– 2021, Gotch will be inducted into the International Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame
– Gotch entered the GERWECK.NET Hall of Fame on October 7, 2022