Jim Ross apologizes for the Anna Jay comment

Sep 6, 2020 - by Steve Gerweck

1. MRK says:

WOW, if cancel culture had been around in the attitude era Jerry Lawler or Joel Gertner wouldn’t have been able to survive.

2. ryan says:

Not that I really care about that particular comment, but I’m going to use this to get my shot in, when are they going to get rid of JR on commentary? He is god awful now and easily one of the worst things about watching aew.

3. Disgruntled Jobber loves New Jacks Son says:

I bet Disgruntled Jobber was furious and super offended by this comment.

4. Kyle Christie says:

Agreed Ryan. He has gotten better since AEW started but he still botches a lot and is stumbling his lines all the time.

5. Atmoafear747 says:

Ryan you would prefer to have excalibur? At least JR knows how to call and match and has more experience than a few indy shows back in early 2000’s

6. ryan says:

I know it’s all subjective, but yes, a million times yes, I’d much rather have Excalibur. People may not like his voice or campy enthusiasm, but at least he doesn’t botch/slur every other line he speaks.

I’m not condoning his past promos that recently brought him under fire if that’s what you’re referring to btw.

7. Pisto75666 says:

@Atmo Correction: JR USED to know how to call a match. JBL has experience, I wouldn’t want him calling matches anymore either. Take off those Attitude Era glasses, they’re blinding you.

8. John says:

These people that complain what JR said the other night are virgins that will never get chances with women. Get A Life.

9. John says:

I assure you Anna Jay doesn’t care that these people call out JR. You will not be rewarded by her. This generation sucks

10. fairfax says:

I think it’s asinine for Good Ole J. Bah Gawd Slobberknocker R. to have to apologize for such an inoffensive remark…it’s ridiculous. I agree that JR has been a little rusty HOWEVER I put some of that blame on AEW….Rossy, as The Stinger would call him, didn’t have these same issues with NJPW on AXS and that includes live calls like WrestleKingdom. But I do think JR sounds best when paired with Tony Schiavone and TAZ….and that’s not knocking Xcalibur….but if JR must go then I’d like to see him in a Gordon Solie position in a 3 man booth in IMPACT with Josh Mathews/Matt Stryker and Don Callis.

11. fairfax says:

Holy shintos….off topic BUT Barbi Hayden got some augmentations….dos grandes. Wowsers….I thought her old bf Houston Carson was coming outta retirement but not sure what happened there….he was good….anyway one final AEDUB/JIMROSS thought…maybe it is JR’s fault and Tony Khan should sit him down and say Jimbodini…your moving outta the center chair…Xcalibur is lead play by play, and I think that was possibly the idea all along, Tony Schiavone or TAZ is color and Good Old Jim Ross is gonna play that Old School WCW 3man booth Gordon Solie position….hell JR brought Gordon in for that final run…and Cody’s egg sucking old Daddy was booking the territory and we all know how AEDUB loves ANYTHING WCW….so maybe JR should QUIT…… trying so hard and lay out for Xcalibur and chime in when it actually contributes to the show!!!

12. Disgruntled Jobber loves New Jacks Son says:

Disgruntled Jobber wants Nayla Rose to have a wardrobe malfunction.

13. Meh says:

@fairfax You mean Matt Striker.

Matt Stryker is Brian Woermann.
    Matt Striker is Matthew Kaye. He is the one that had the teacher gimmick in WWE and is the one that hosted the old version of NXT with the rookies & pros.

They are two different people with same sounding name but only Kaye is the one with a ‘I’ in his ringname.