Audio: Cody’s AEW Double or Nothing conference call
(Click the image for the audio)
– Cody says that the card we will see Saturday is about 90 percent the same as what the direction was going to be before the pandemic happened
– Cody credits Tony Khan and others for helping put the shows on over the past few months.
– Cody says he gets “Stunning” Steve Austin and “Natural” Dustin Rhodes vibes from MJF and Jungle Boy as a peek into AEW’s future.
– He puts over the medical team and the testing the staff and roster are undergoing. Cody thinks a lot of the performers will come out of this as better wrestlers
– They don’t want to “rank” the TNT title, because they want to see what that title actually is. They don’t want to put an identity on it of make it “secondary.” The number one rank isn’t a definite in facing the AEW Champion, they might face the TNT Champion
– Cody’s very happy that AEW has the benefit of Daily’s Place. He likes the environment and would be okay wrestling there for the foreseeable future. There are other places that are wanting AEW as the world opens up, though. He liked that Daily’s has a lot of environments.
– He thinks they’ll stick around in Jacksonville without fans as it makes more sense and it’s safer to stay there.
– Cody reiterates that the Nightmare Factory is not affiliated with AEW, but he’s happy they had the infrastructure to film a few shows there.
– Cody says it’s disappointing to not be able to hug or shake hands, but it might be passe.