Fox wants WWE promoted as a sport and not entertainment
Dave Meltzer reports that there was a BIG FOX meeting yesterday to discuss Smackdown:
– Smackdown will on FOX 51 weeks out of the year. During the World Series it will be preempted and moved to FS1 presumably.
– There will be a one hour launch episode on FOX the week before to introduce the roster to the FOX audience.
– There are negotiations to get NXT on FS1 to go against the AEW show that will air Wednesday nights.
– So far only a WWE talk show will air on FS1.
– Fox wants WWE promoted as a sport and not entertainment.
– They want the 20th anniversary of Smackdown to be the debut episode on October 4th with HUGE surprises.