WWE announces Latin America tryout attendees
WWE is in Santiago, Chile this week for their first ever tryouts in the country.
WWE.com posted an article talking about the tryouts. WWE Performance Center head trainer Matt Bloom and coaches Robbie Brookside and Sarah Stock are in attendance. Also on board to help train are NXT wrestlers Adrian Jaoude, Cezar Bononi, Taynara Conti, Raul Mendoza and NXT referee Eddie Orengo.
The athletes that were highlighted in the WWE.com article include:
* Tayane Porfirio de Araújo, 23, a multi-time world champion in jiu-jitsu
* Ricky Marvin (pictured below), who has wrestled for AAA, CMLL and Pro Wrestling NOAH for over two decade
* Manuel Alejandro Saez, former Cruiserweight Classic participant who lost to Gran Metalik in the first round
* Ariki Toa, a 11 year in-ring veteran
* Patricia Maria Fontes Santos, a former ballerina who transitioned into jiu-jitsu. A three time World No-Gi champion.
* Stephanie Vaquer (pictured below), a wrestler who has wrestled in the United States, Japan and Mexico.
* Dragon Bane, who is the current King of the Air champion for IWRG.
* Zatara, a masked wrestler from this year’s Mae Young Classic tournament.
* Diego Valdes, better known as Alex Hero who has wrestled in the Chilean indy scene since 2013.
* Keyra, who currently wrestles for AAA but has also worked The Crash and Impact Wrestling. She also wears a mask.
* Pedro Sanchez, who is being billed as a street-workout athlete. He trains in boxing.
WWE also announced that they will be holding tryouts in Mumbai, India next March. Their last tryout camp was last month in Cologne, Germany.