WWE RAW Report 9/24/18
– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a new WWE intro video.
– We’re live from outside of the Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado as a limousine pulls up. Acting RAW General Manager Baron Corbin is waiting. Stephanie McMahon steps out and Baron wishes her a happy birthday. She just stares at him as he starts singing happy birthday. Triple H steps out and Corbin stops singing. Corbin has Stephanie’s office all ready to lead her to but she says everything she can say to him, she can say it right here. Triple H walks off because this is too awkward to witness. Stephanie scolds Corbin for the job she’s done since Kurt Angle was forced to go on vacation, noting how he booked himself in a WWE Universal Title match last week. Corbin doesn’t accept the blame and comments on The Shield running wild. Stephanie says he’s lost control. She tells him to get two partners to face The Shield tonight and threatens him with his job, mentioning Angle again. Stephanie walks off.
– We go inside the arena as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. He’s joined by Corey Graves and Renee Young.
– The Shield immediately comes out to a pop – Dean Ambrose, WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins and WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns. They come through the crowd as JoJo does the introductions.
The crowd finally calms down as Ambrose takes the mic. Ambrose says we’re looking at the three workhorses of WWE. They may have lost a few battles here and there but they have never lost a war and they’re still standing. Reigns takes the mic next and gets some more boos. He brags on their resumes and says all they have to do is this – Reigns and Rollins raise their titles in the air. Reigns says these titles are the keys to the kingdom and everyone should want them. That’s why Brock Lesnar came back, why the Acting GM is booking himself in title matches. Because these titles will change your life. Reigns says the only men that deserve these titles are the ones standing in the ring right now. Rollins says this has and will always be about being the best, and that’s what they are. Rollins says Braun Strowman wants the power so bad he recruited a pack of jackasses to try and take out The Shield at Super Show-Down but that’s not going to happen. Rollins calls Corbin the world’s largest substitute school teacher and mentions tonight’s match. Rollins calls Corbin out and says The Shield would like to show him how much of a problem they can be, right now.
The music hits and out comes Corbin. First Corbin wants to say his boss Stephanie is here tonight and it’s her birthday. Corbin won’t let RAW turn to madness like it has for a few weeks now as he’s putting his foot down. Corbin says he and his partners will toss The Shield around the ring and he promises he will impress his boss. Corbin says they will expose The Shield for what they are – selfish individuals. Corbin says everyone in the locker room dislikes The Shield individually and as a group. Corbin says that includes these men – Strowman’s music hits and out he comes with RAW Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre. Strowman speaks from the stage and tells Reigns to shine that title up real nice because he won’t be wearing it for very long. Braun says he can see cracks start to form in The Shield and it’s just a matter of time before they implode. Strowman says at “WWE Super Show” it will be the four of them vs. The Shield, and he doesn’t mean Corbin. Rollins cracks jokes at Braun for his math being off. Strowman says Ambrose is starting to see the light. Ziggler chimes in and says Ambrose doesn’t need The Shield but they need him. Ziggler knows how good Ambrose can be and now he has nothing but Rollins and Ambrose have everything. Rollins says that’s ridiculous. McIntyre gives Ambrose props for pushing him to his limits last week. McIntyre says Rollins and Reigns don’t appreciate Ambrose, and he deserves more. Ambrose continues trying to turn Ambrose on The Shield and Rollins tells him he’s full of it. Ziggler says Strowman is going to win Reigns’ title at WWE Crown Jewel and if Ambrose hangs with them, the Intercontinental Title will be all his. Ziggler goes on and wants Ambrose to turn his back on The Shield. Reigns interrupts and tells him to shut up. Reigns says the people didn’t pay to hear Ziggler run his mouth, they paid to watch The Shield beat them up, so let’s do it. It looks like we’re about to have a fight but Corbin runs down and gets in between as the heels reach the bottom of the ramp. Fans want the fight but Corbin says it’s not happening. Corbin says McIntyre and Ziggler have to defend tonight, and he will take care of The Shield with his partners. Braun’s music hits as The Shield looks on from the ring.
– Still to come, the RAW Tag Team Titles are on the line. Also, Bobby Lashley vs. Elias. We see Finn Balor backstage warming up as Bayley approaches. Balor vs. Jinder Mahal will take place tonight and Jinder will have Alicia Fox in his corner with Sunil Singh. We go to commercial.
Finn Balor vs. Jinder Mahal
Back from the break and out comes Finn Balor. He stops on the stage and out comes his Mixed Match Challenge partner, Bayley. They head to the ring together. Jinder Mahal is waiting in the ring. His MMC partner is at ringside, Alicia Fox. Sunil Singh is also there.
They lock up and go to the corner. Jinder beats Balor down and scoop slams him in the middle of the ring. Jinder keeps control and takes Balor back to the mat. Jinder drops Balor again with a shoulder block. Jinder keeps Balor grounded as fans and Bayley try to rally for him. They run the ropes and Balor hits a dropkick. Balor clotheslines Jinder over the top rope to the floor. Balor runs the ropes again and leaps out, taking Jinder down on the floor. Balor runs back into the ring as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jinder beats Balor down again as their MMC partners cheer them on. Jinder drops knees and puts the boots to Balor while he’s down. Jinder with an abdominal stretch now. Balor rolls through a pin attempt and dropkicks Jinder in the face. Jinder runs into boots in the corner. Balor runs the ropes and nails a flying forearm. Balor drops Jinder and stomps on his chest as fans cheer. Balor takes it to the corners but Jinder ends up kicking him in the head. Balor comes back and takes advantage of Jinder being distracted by his ringside supporters. Balor can’t immediately capitalize but he nails a Slingblade to take Jinder down. Jinder with a roll-up for a 2 count as Singh interferes by tripping him while the referee isn’t looking.
Bayley ends up tripping Jinder while the referee isn’t looking. Fans chant for Bayley as Fox approaches her at ringside. The referee turns his attention to them. Bayley drops Fox at ringside. Singh comes over and yells at Bayley but she hits him with a Bayley-to-Belly suplex on the floor. Balor takes advantage of the distraction and rolls Jinder up for the win.
Winner: Finn Balor
– After the match, Balor and Bayley celebrate before leaving. We go to replays. Jinder exits the ring and looks down at Singh, who is still rolling on the floor in pain from the suplex. Jinder manhandles Singh some and bullies him as Fox eggs it on. Jinder brings it into the ring and continues the punishment as a “you suck” chant starts up. Jinder and Fox are all smiles as they start doing activities to find their inner peace as Singh stumbles around.
– The announcers show us video from last night’s match between Ruby Riott and Ronda Rousey, and The Bella Twins making the save after the match.
Natalya and The Bella Twins vs. The Riott Squad
We go to the ring and out comes Natalya to the stage. Out next are The Bella Twins, Nikki Bella and Brie Bella. They all head to the ring together as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Riott Squad is finishing up their entrance. Liv Morgan starts off with Nikki and they go at it. Liv takes control and mocks Nikki but she drops her. Nikki with more offense and a 2 count. Brie tags in and they double team Liv for another 2 count. Brie with the “yes!” kicks now while Liv is on her knees. Brie with another 2 count. Liv stumbles as she pushes Brie back into the corner and in comes Ruby Riott. Ruby takes control and takes Brie to the mat as some fans chant for Brie Mode.
Ruby ends up sending Brie into the corner but she runs into an elbow. Brie nails a missile dropkick and screams out for Brie Mode. Brie with the running knee to the face while Riott is down. Brie with another pin attempt. Brie blocks a suplex but Sarah Logan runs in to help Ruby do the double team suplex. Nikki runs in to help block that. Liv runs in to make it a triple suplex attempt but Natalya comes in and stops it. The faces hit the triple suplex and The Riott Squad goes to the floor to regroup. The Bellas and Natalya look on from the ring. Ruby comes back in and quickly rocks Brie, sending her out to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Logan has Brie down on the mat. Nikki and Natalya try to rally for her. Brie tries to make a comeback but Logan floors her with a forearm. Brie tries to fight back and ends up hitting Ruby on the apron. Ruby tags in and drops Brie. Cole says Liv has been taken backstage to the trainer’s room to be evaluated. More back and forth between Brie and Ruby now. Brie comes off the ropes and slams Ruby on her face. Logan tags in and misses a punch. Brie tags in Natalya and she comes in with clotheslines to Logan. Natalya knocks Ruby off the apron and hits a German suplex on Logan. Ruby charges but Nikki stops her. Ruby sends Nikki out of the ring with a knee.
Brie comes to help Nikki. Natalya rolls Logan up for a 2 count. Ruby tags herself in but Natalya doesn’t see it. Logan goes for a move but Natalya blocks it. Natalya applies the Sharpshooter to Logan but Ruby kicks Natalya in the face to break it. Ruby hits a Riott Kick and covers Natalya for the pin.
Winners: The Riott Squad
– After the match, Ruby checks on Logan on the outside as The Bella Twins hit the ring to check on Natalya. We go to replays.
– Still to come, Baron Corbin and two mystery partners vs. The Shield.
– Seth Rollins, Bobby Lashley, Dean Ambrose, Braun Strowman, Zack Ryder, Baron Corbin, No Way Jose, Titus O’Neil and many more Superstars come out to the stage and they’re bringing kids with them. Cole says this is for a special Pediatric Cancer Awareness Month segment. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon is in the ring with Triple H. The stage is full of Superstars and young fans. Stephanie talks about WWE’s efforts to fight pediatric cancer, all in the name of “The Crusher” Connor Michalek for Connor’s Cure. She notes that they have raised more than $2.5 million and helped more than 400 families with various needs through Connor’s Cure since it was launched. She also talks about this year’s “Superstars of Tomorrow” theme where survivors created their own WWE personas. Triple H talks about how the WWE Superstars spent time with these kids and their gimmicks. They go on and Stephanie mentions their new partner in the battle against pediatric cancer, Hyundai. She leads us to a video package on the partnership with footage of WWE Superstars meeting survivors backstage. The Hyundai car decorated backstage with hand-prints is driven out next to the stage as fans stand clap for the survivors on the stage. Stephanie introduces the 2018 Hyundai Youth Ambassadors, Carter and Elizabeth. They come out with an executive from Hyundai and high-five the Superstars on the stage. They enter the ring and we see a shot of a table with something hidden under a red cloth. Triple H takes the mic and says they’re champions but around here champions need something to show for it. He raises the red cloth and reveals two custom WWE title belts for Carter and Elizabeth.
Triple H, Stephanie, Carter and Elizabeth do a group hug as a “you deserve it” chant starts up in the crowd. Triple H and Stephanie raise their arms. Hyundai Hope On Wheels executive Zafar Brooks speaks next and gets another round of applause for Carter and Elizabeth. Brooke talks about Hyundai’s fight against pediatric cancer and the new partnership with WWE. He says WWE does great work in the fight and they are proud to team up with WWE. He asks for another round of applause for WWE and says together they will be putting a SmackDown on pediatric cancer. Brooke announces a $200,000 donation to Connor’s Cure, on behalf of Hyundai, Hyundai Hope On Wheels and their dealerships around the world. Brooke reveals a large check for $200,000 and they all pose with it to end the segment.
– Still to come, The Shield in six-man action. Also, The Revival gets another title shot. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and Dean Ambrose is just standing backstage. Dolph Ziggler walks up and Ambrose grabs him by the collar. Ziggler doesn’t want to fight and Ambrose lets go. Ziggler rants about how The Shield doesn’t appreciate Ambrose. He says during tonight’s main event, Ambrose needs to turn but Ziggler knows how hard it is to turn on your brothers so all he has to do is give Ziggler and Drew McIntyre a signal as they will be watching. Ziggler walks off.
Konnor vs. Chad Gable
We go to the ring and Chad Gable is in the ring with Bobby Roode. We get a sidebar video recorded earlier from the two, who are all about WWRD (What Would Roode Do?). The Ascension is out next, Konnor with Viktor. We also get a sidebar video with Konnor warning Gable.
The bell rings and Konnor goes to work on Gable, beating him around the ring. Konnor whips Gable hard into the corner and he goes down. Konnor with a 2 count. Konnor cuts Gable off and keeps him down. They end up in the opposite corner and Roode offers a distraction, allowing Gable to perform the armbar on the ropes. It’s broken but Gable keeps fighting.
Gable looks to bring Konnor down again as he mounts offense. Gable with a running kick and another. Gable with a German suplex for a close 2 count. They end up in the corner again and Gable goes for a moonsault but has to land on his feet. They run the ropes and Konnor levels Gable in the middle of the ring. Konnor ends up hitting a modified gutwrench powerbomb for the pin.
– After the match, The Ascension looks on from the ramp as we go to replays. Roode hits the ring to check on Gable.
– Charly Caruso stops Triple H and Stephanie McMahon backstage. Caruso asks Triple H about The Undertaker but Stephanie cuts her off. Triple H says it’s alright and asks Caruso what she wants to know. Triple H says if Taker is worried about a suit, he’s already lost because they aren’t fighting in suits or inside of boardrooms. Triple H says if Taker’s worried about taking his soul, that’s an issue because he sold that a long time ago. Triple H goes on and says the end is near for The Undertaker. He steps into the limousine and leaves with Stephanie.
– We go back to the announcers and Cole plugs WWE Super Show-Down and the Triple H vs. Taker match.
RAW Tag Team Title Match: The Revival vs. Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre
We go to the ring and out first are RAW Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre. Ziggler is out first and Drew joins him. They head to the ring together. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and The Revival is out as the two teams face off in the middle of the ring. Scott Dawson starts off with Ziggler and takes control early on. Dash Wilder ends up coming in but Ziggler makes the tag. Ziggler turns it around and quickly tags in McIntyre. McIntyre unloads on Dash and beats him around. Ziggler comes back in as Dawson also gets a tag. More back and forth between the two. Dash and Ziggler end up back in the ring together. Ziggler goes for a big DDT but Dash counters and slams him to the mat. Dash applies a Rings of Saturn and makes him scream. Dawson yells at Dash to break Ziggler’s arm. Dash gets a 2 count and ends up clotheslining Ziggler over the top rope but they both tumble out to the floor.
Dawson walks over and gives Dash some encouraging words to get up. McIntyre also walks over to keep an eye on Ziggler. Dash gets to his feet first and waits for Ziggler. Dash charges but Ziggler moves and Dash runs into the steel ring steps. Ziggler rolls in the ring and Dash slowly comes in behind him. McIntyre gets the tag and he stomps away on Dash. McIntyre with a big powerful suplex for a 2 count. We go back to commercial with McIntyre in control.
Back from the break and Ziggler tries to stop Dash from tagging but he gets it anyway. Dawson unloads on Ziggler with strikes and drops him. Dawson with a heel kick. Dawson knocks McIntyre off the apron and goes back to work on Ziggler. Dawson with a big butterfly powerbomb for a close 2 count. Dawson can’t believe it. Dawson places Ziggler on the top and rocks hm. Dash tags in for a big double team from the corner but Drew tags in to break the close tag. Dash ends up on the outside with Drew, sending him and his hand into the steel ring post. Dash with a big DDT to Drew on the floor. We see Dean Ambrose backstage walking.
Ziggler and Dash go back and forth in the ring now. Ziggler with a DDT for a 2 count. Ziggler goes for a Fame-asser but it’s blocked. Dash gets Ziggler on his shoulders and tags in Dawson for the big top rope double team clothesline. Dawson covers but Ziggler kicks out right before 3. Dawson has words with the referee as some fans boo the count. Fans chant “this is awesome” now. Dash tags in but the double team is blocked. Ziggler stumbles back into a tag. McIntyre comes in and takes out Dawson, sending him to the floor. Drew places Dash on the top and chops him. Drew sends Dawson back out to the floor. Dash comes off the top but Drew catches him. Dawson dropkicks Drew and Dash turns that into a cover for a 2 count. Drew with a big headbutt to Dash and a big kick to Dawson, sending him back to the floor.
Ziggler tags in and they hit the Claymore/Zig Zag combo. Ziggler covers Dash for the pin to retain.
Winners: Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, McIntyre and Ziggler pose in the middle of the ring with the straps as we go to replays. McIntyre and Ziggler head to the back as Ziggler’s music plays.
– Still to come, our six-man main event plus Bobby Lashley vs. Elias.
– We go back to the ring and crew members are setting up for the return of The Kevin Owens Show. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers plug John Cena’s return at WWE Super Show-Down, to team with Bobby Lashley against Elias and Kevin Owens.
– We go to the ring and Elias is out for another performance. Elias says Denver doesn’t deserve to hear him tonight so he’s going to pass it on to a friend. Elias goes on and brings out his tag team partner and his biggest fan, Kevin Owens.
Owens thanks Elias for the stellar introduction and says he is Elias’ biggest fan and tag team partner, for this match against the dream team of Lashley and Cena, Owens calls them. Cena says Cena is the man, arguably the greatest WWE Superstar of today… and the man who Owens beat on his first night here. Owens says that’s at Super Show-Down but they need to talk about what happened last week with Lashley and Lio Rush. Elias says he doesn’t want to look at the people or talk to them. Owens says he will do the talking. Rush doesn’t know much about Rush but he’s Lashley’s hype-man and he talked unprovoked trash about Owens on commentary last week. Owens says Rush is lucky he’s a fair man and wants to get to know him. Owens has invited Rush on tonight’s show. Owens introduces tonight’s guest and out comes Rush.
Rush comes out to the stage and thanks Owens for inviting Lio Rush to The Kevin Owens Show. Owens cuts him off and tells him to come down to the ring and have a seat. Rush says he and Lashley made Elias and Owens look like fools last week, and we all know Owens is out here tonight to make up for those failures. Rush says he is Lashley’s hype man, he is a 23 year old piece of gold and he may be young but he’s not naive so he will stay on the stage tonight. Elias says they planned ahead and got Rush a booster seat. The crowd laughs as Elias puts the booster seat in Rush’s chair. Rush has someone else everyone wants to see and hear from, he does the grand introduction for Lashley next. Lashley comes out to a pop from the home state crowd. Rush and Lashley head to the ring as we go to commercial.
Elias vs. Bobby Lashley
Back from the break and fans chant for Lashley as they size each other up. They lock up and Lashley shoves Elias back into the corner.
Lashley slams Elias on his face. Elias goes to the corner and gets some advice from Owens. A “KO sucks” chant tries to get going as Lashley keeps control of Elias. Lashley works Elias over in the corner. Elias ends up sending Lashley face-first into the corner and taking him down with a headlock. Fans chant for Lashley. They run the ropes and Lashley drops Elias with a shoulder. Lashley with another pop as he takes Elias back to the corner. Lashley ends up hitting a crossbody in the middle of the ring.
Lashley with a clothesline in the corner now. Lashley mounts Elias in the corner and rocks him with right hands as fans count along. Lashley with a side slam for another close 2 count. Lashley charges in the corner but Elias gets his boot up. Elias comes off the middle rope but Lashley catches him. Lashley lifts Elias up but he slides down and takes out the knee from behind. Owens encourages Elias to capitalize. Elias goes to work on Lashley and stomps away until the referee pulls him off. Elias with a running boot to the head. Elias pulls Lashley to the corner and slams his leg into the ring post as Rush watches. Lashley slams the same leg into the post again.
Owens mocks Lashley as Elias comes back into the ring for a 2 count on Lashley. Elias continues to work on the left leg of Lashley, applying a submission and chopping Lashley while they’re on the mat. Lashley punches back and eventually breaks the hold. Elias gets up and stomps the injured leg while Lashley remains on the mat. Elias with another pin attempt. Elias stands up and approaches but Lashley fires right hands at him. Lashley with an elbow to the face and a clothesline. Lashley clotheslines Elias over the top rope to the floor. Lashley follows and slams Elias’ face into the barrier, and again. The referee counts them both. Lashley brings it back into the ring as fans chant his name. Lashley goes to the apron to enter the ring but Elias takes the knee out again and Lashley falls to the floor. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Elias has Lashley in a half-Crab in the ring while Owens talks trash in his face. Lashley ends up breaking it and sending Elias out to the floor. Elias runs right back in but Lashley catches him with a reverse DDT. Elias quickly gets up and they trade shots in the middle of the ring. Lashley with a kick to the gut. Lashley keeps control and clotheslines Elias to a pop. Lashley lifts Elias for a vertical suplex and holds him in the air. Lashley drops Elias as Rush looks on.
Lashley charges at Elias but they both tumble over the top rope to the floor in front of Rush. Owens goes after Rush, chasing him in the ring and right back out. Owens runs at Lashley and hits him in the face with a knee. The referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: Bobby Lashley
– After the bell, Owens acts like the knee was an accident. He goes back after Rush but Rush does some impressive jumping around. Elias and Owens end up catching Rush in the ring but Lashley makes the save, sending the heels out. Lashley’s music hits as he stands tall with Rush in the ring.
– Drew McIntyre is backstage when Seth Rollins walks up. Rollins says Drew talks about The Shield using Ambrose but the truth is McIntyre is the one being being used. Seth says Braun Strowman is just using Drew to get what he wants and we all know Ziggler is the weak link of their tag team. Rollins mentions Ziggler getting all the Intercontinental Title shots and says Drew should be getting those. Rollins says Drew has been carrying Ziggler and literally carried him out of Hell In a Cell. Rollins says before Drew accuses Rollins and Roman Reigns of using someone, maybe he should take a long look in the mirror and think about who is really being used. Rollins walks off, leaving McIntyre in thought. Ziggler walks up and asks what that was about. McIntyre says don’t worry about it and walks off.
Nia Jax vs. Alicia Fox
We go to the ring and out comes Nia Jax to a pop. Ember Moon is with her. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and the announcers show us video of actor Kevin Hart giving a WWE Pop Quiz to actress Tiffany Haddish. This is to promote their new Night School movie. We go back to the ring and Jax waits with Moon as we see a sidebar video recorded earlier the day with the two. Moon mentioned Jax being nominated for a People’s Choice Award. Alicia Fox makes her way out with Mickie James and the injured Alexa Bliss.
The match starts and Jax goes to work on Fox. Jax overpowers and slams Fox. Jax with another big move, sending Fox to regroup on the floor with Bliss and Mickie. Moon runs over and nails a big rolling cannonball to Mickie on the floor. Jax comes out and rolls Fox back in the ring. Fox kicks Jax as she re-enters. Fox with a swinging neckbreaker for a 2 count.
Fox keeps Jax grounded in the middle of the ring now as Moon looks on. Jax powers up and rams Fox back into the corner while on her back. Fox counters and levels Jax with a running kick. Fox with another 2 count. Fox works Jax around with strikes and talks some trash. Fox charges but Jax scoops her for a big Samoan Drop and covers for the pin.
Winner: Nia Jax
– After the match, Moon hits the ring to check on Jax and raise her arm. Bliss enters to check on Fox and help her out of the ring.
– Dean Ambrose is backstage when Drew McIntyre enters. Ambrose gets in his face and ask what’s up. Drew says he should be asking the same thing to Ambrose. Drew mentions the talk he just had with Rollins and wonders what he would be up to. Drew says it’s either two things – Rollins has this big idea for a four-man Shield or everything they said about Ambrose being used is true. Rollins reminds Ambrose that he has been stabbed in the back before by his brothers, then walks out as Ambrose watches.
– The announcers hype a look at Triple H vs. The Undertaker before sending us back to commercial.
– Back from the break and the announcers lead us to a video package for Triple H vs. The Undertaker at WWE Super Show-Down. Kane and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels will be in their corners. The announcers confirm Michaels for next Monday’s go-home episode.
The Shield vs. Baron Corbin and The Authors of Pain
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out comes The Shield. Dean Ambrose, WWE Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins and WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns had to the ring through the crowd. We go to commercial as they pose for the crowd.
Back from the break and next week’s RAW will feature Lashley vs. Owens plus Riott vs. RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey in a non-title match. We go back to the ring and The Shield waits for their opponents. Baron Corbin is out next with a smirk on his face. Corbin calls on everyone to give it up for The Shield and their first match together on RAW in more than a year. Corbin says this may be their last together because we all see the breakup coming. Corbin says the entire roster was beating on his door to be his partners tonight. He introduces his partners and out come The Authors of Pain, Akam and Rezar. They are accompanied by their manager, WWE 205 Live General Manager Drake Maverick.
The match looks ready to begin but Braun Strowman’s music interrupts. Braun comes to the stage with RAW Tag Team Champions Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre. They’re all holding steel chairs. They stare down at ring before taking their seats on the stage to watch the match. Corbin starts off with Ambrose.
Ambrose takes Corbin down first and turns a hold into a quick pin attempt. Corbin turns it around but Ambrose takes him with a drop toe hold. Ambrose keeps Corbin down and rocks him. Rollins tags in for a double suplex with Rollins. Rollins with a 2 count on Corbin. Akam ends up tagging in and manhandling Rollins a bit before dropping him with a shoulder. Rollins boots Akam and Ambrose tags in. They double team Akam but turn around to the new legal man, Rezar. Rezar floors Ambrose and Rollins at the same time. Rezar scoops Ambrose but he slides out. Reigns tags in and fans give a mixed reaction as Rezar stares at him. Reigns stares back as the crowd pops. They meet in the middle of the ring and Rezar talks trash. Reigns swings first and connects. Reigns goes on but Rezar takes him to the corner for shoulder thrusts. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre look on from the stage.
Reigns fights back with an elbow and right hands. Reigns scoops Rezar for a Samoan Drop but can’t get him up. Reigns drops Rezar but Rezar quickly gets back to his feet and gets in Reigns’ face. All six Superstars face off in the ring now. A big brawl breaks out and The Shield clears the ring as fans pop. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre stand up on the stage and grab their chairs. They head to the ring with the chairs as The Shield waits. The Authors of Pain and Corbin take advantage of the distraction and attack from behind, sending Ambrose and Rollins out of the ring, into the barriers. Corbin hits Reigns with a chokeslam backbreaker combo in the ring but Reigns kicks out at 2. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Reigns goes down with Corbin. Akam and Rollins get the hot tags and they go at it. Akam misses a shot and Rollins nails an enziguri. Rollins goes on and hits the Blockbuster as fans chant “burn it down!” at him. Rollins cranks up for the Stomp as fans do the chant again. Rollins kicks Akam instead and Corbin pulls Rollins to the floor over the top rope. Corbin tags in and rams Rollins back into the barrier. Corbin grabs Rollins and sends him into the barrier again. Rollins gets double teamed on the floor by The Authors as Drake cheers them on.
Corbin brings Rollins back into the ring and Rezar tags in. Ambrose looks on for the tag and fans chant for him. Rollins fights up out of a hold but Rezar rams him back into the corner. Akam tags in for the double team in the corner. Akam with a 2 count.
Akam with more big moves to Rollins before tagging in Corbin. Corbin takes his time with Rollins and looks down at him in the middle of the ring. Corbin knocks Reigns off the apron. Ambrose tries to come in and go at Corbin but the referee gets in between them. Rollins gets up and drops Corbin with a Slingblade. Akam comes over and pulls Ambrose off the apron. Reigns runs over and rocks Akam but Rezar makes the save. Drake watches as they double team Reigns and send him into the steel steps. The Authors drop Reigns on the floor with a Last Chapter. Corbin lifts Rollins in the ring but Rollins slides out and rolls him for a 2 count. Corbin catches Rollins with a Deep Six for a close 2 count.
Rezar tags in and Akam goes to the corner for a double team set-up but Rollins counters before they can hit it, sending one out of the ring and dropping the other. Corbin tags in and stops Rollins from tagging but Rollins counters and in comes Ambrose. Ambrose unloads on Corbin as fans pop. Corbin looks to block a Dirty Deeds attempt but Ambrose rolls him up for a pin attempt. Ambrose ends up taking out all three opponents with a baseball slide to the floor. Ambrose brings Corbin back in and goes to the top but Akam comes from the floor and crotches him, sending him to the mat. Corbin grabs Ambrose for End of Days but Ambrose punches him. Corbin runs out and right back in but Ambrose catches him with a neckbreaker. Ambrose goes to the top and hits the big elbow drop but The Authors break the pin up. Rollins and Reigns are still down on the outside, unable to help.
Reigns suddenly hits the ring with a Superman Punch to Rezar. Rollins hits Akam. Rollins with a Stomp to Corbin and a big dive. Rollins with another dive to the floor on The Authors. Ambrose ends pup hitting Dirty Deeds on Corbin in the ring. One of The Authors gets knocked back off the apron. Reigns tags in and calls for a Spear on Corbin. Reigns nails it as Corbin gets up. Reigns covers Corbin for the pin to win.
Winners: The Shield
– After the match, The Shield stands tall in the ring as Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre look on from the stage. Drake regroups The Authors on the outside. The Shield’s music stops as we see Ambrose on the outside, looking to be in deep thought. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre stand up and look down at the ring to see if this is the signal they were hoping for. Ambrose returns to the ring and stands with The Shield for their signature fist bump. Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre have moved closer to the ring but they watch as The Shield pose together and stand tall in the ring. RAW goes off the air with The Shield taunting their Super Show-Down opponents from the ring.
Major Plans for The Shield Revealed, Brock Lesnar’s WWE Future, The Undertaker Return News, Must See New Mandy Rose & Lana & Nikki Bella, Hulk Hogan Back on WWE TV?, Big WWE Heel Turn Coming This Month, New WWE Couple Revealed, More