Colt Cabana sues CM Punk

Aug 9, 2018 - by Steve Gerweck

According to The Chicago Sun-Times, Colt Cabana (Scott Colton) is suing CM Punk (Phillip Brooks) for breach of contract and fraud in Cook County Circuit Court. According to the lawsuit, Punk had agreed to help Cabana with legal fees from the duo’s legal battle with WWE doctor Chris Amann. Cabana is claiming that Punk said in a text that he would be “100% covered” but failed to help and Cabana was left with $513,736 in unpaid legal bills. Punk had allegedly asked Cabana to pay for half of the legal fees ($256,868) and stated to Cabana, “You are on your own.”

According to the lawsuit, Cabana is asking for $200,000 in general damages along with $1 million dollars in punitive and exemplary damages.

The lawsuit claims:

“Brooks acted with fraud, malice and oppression toward Colton, with the deliberate intention of causing Colton harm.”

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

1. Ken P. Terror says:

That’s what friends are for…

F Punk 4 real

2. Hans Maulwurf says:

What the hell…

Normally I’m a CM Punk “fanboy”. But this is a dick move! He promised to help his friend and now Colt is on his own.

3. Chris C. says:

Even as someone who dislikes Punk, I don’t see how he owes Cabana anything.

4. Tollefaan says:

CM Punk is a difficult dude. Not friend with even Colt anymore, it seems

5. Eunice says:

Chris. C. The I suggest you never promise anyone anything for helping you out, knowing they will detrimentally will rely on your word.

6. Joseph says:

I think if Phil Brooks told him he was covered, he should be covered. To go through all of that, and then say you’re on your own, is kind of a dick move. But what I don’t get is, why isn’t he counter suing the doctor who filed the lawsuit in the first place to recover his legal fees?

7. dave says:

Punk “I’ll cover your legal fees”

Cabana “Ok thanks. It’ll be a lot and we both participated in the Podcast that led to this”

*WWE maintains employment of Amann and pays him, could be helping with lawsuit too*

Cabana “I think I’ll go to a WWE show…”

Punk “Really?…”

Cabana “Still paying my bills right bud? BRB HHH wants a word”

Punk “….”

Not saying that’s how it went down but Cabana acted like a turncoat, end of story.