WWE SmackDown Report – 11/29/16
– Tonight’s WWE SmackDown opens with the usual intro video.
– We’re live from Columbia, South Carolina as the pyro goes off. There are tables, ladders and chairs all over the place. Mauro Ranallo welcomes us. He’s joined by birthday boy JBL, David Otunga and Tom Phillips. They hype tonight’s main event – Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt vs. American Alpha.
– We go to the ring and Renee Young welcomes us to a contract signing. She hypes TLC and Alexa Bliss vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch. Renee brings Bliss to the ring first.
Renee introduces Becky next and out she comes to a pop. Renee goes to speak but Bliss cuts her off and says she and Becky can handle it from here, but will consult Renee if they need advice on bad fashion. Renee leaves the ring. Bliss starts insulting Becky and fans boo. Bliss says Becky left Glasgow with the title because of dumb Irish luck. Bliss says the WWE Universe agrees with her but it doesn’t sound like they do. She calls them a big pile of bricks.
Becky compares Bliss to how a 4 year old relative acts. Becky warns Bliss about TLC and signs the contract. Bliss runs her mouth some more and signs the contract. Becky hushes her up and decks her in the face. Becky unloads on Bliss and slams her face into the table. Bliss fights back. Becky with a big suplex. Becky rams Bliss back into the corner and beats her into another corner. Fans chant for the table. Becky clears the table and pulls it over to the corner. Becky takes Bliss to the top and goes for a suplex through the table but Bliss fights her off. Bliss shoves Becky off the top, through the table.
Becky sells the table bump as Bliss stands tall and talks some trash. The music hits and Bliss makes her exit while Becky is still down.
– Still to come, James Ellsworth on The Ambrose Asylum. Also, Kalisto and Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin and The Miz. We go to commercial.
Kalisto and Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin and The Miz
Back from the break and we get a look at what happened to Becky. We go to the ring and out comes Dolph Ziggler, followed by his partner Kalisto. Baron Corbin is out first for his team. He gets some boos. WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz is out next with Maryse.
Ziggler dumps Miz after the match begins but gets floored by Corbin. We take an early commercial break with Corbin standing tall.
Back from the break and Corbin is in control of Ziggler. Corbin knocks Kalisto off the apron with a cheap shot. Ziggler gets tossed back to the floor. Miz tags in now. Miz pulls a ladder from under the ring and whips Ziggler into it but it’s blocked. Ziggler comes back and hits a big DDT on the floor. Corbin comes over but gets superkicked. All three are down now. Ziggler and Miz make it into the ring before the ten count. Kalisto gets the tag.
Kalisto flies in and unloads on Miz. Kalisto with a torpedo before slamming Miz face first for a 2 count. Miz connects with a big boot to the face. Kalisto ends up leaping out and taking Corbin down. Ziggler superkicks Miz. Maryse shoves a ladder into Ziggler and he goes down on the floor. Kalisto hits Salida del Sol on Miz and pins him but Corbin comes in with a chair shot over the back for the disqualification.
Winners by DQ: Dolph Ziggler and Kalisto
– After the match, Corbin and Miz regroup as the others try to recover at ringside.
– Still to come, our tag team main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a 205 Live promo.
– Dasha Fuentes is backstage with American Alpha asking if they are prepared for tonight’s main event. They insist they are and that it will be The Wyatt Family that runs.
– We go backstage to Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Luke Harper. Orton says he finally sees everything and finally feels like he belongs. They proved at Survivor Series that no one can break this bond. Orton says they’re the only two that matters. Harper stares at Orton. Orton asks if Harper will do what needs to be done against Kane tonight. Harper steps up to Orton a bit and just stares at him. Wyatt orders Harper to go send Kane back to hell. Harper walks away.
– We see Carmella walking backstage. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes Carmella. She takes the mic and has a special message for John Cena before her opponent comes out but fans interrupt with a “how you doin’?” chant. Carmella mocks Cena and wants to publicly apologize for what she’s going to do to his girlfriend in their No DQ match at TLC on Sunday. Carmella threatens to hit Nikki Bella so hard in the chest with a steel chair that “her own Bella Twins” pop out of her back. She goes on and says she’s going to rearrange Nikki’s face. Carmella continues talking trash until Nikki’s music hits and she runs to the ring.
Nikki tackles Carmella and unloads on her. Carmella tries to fight back. The referee pulls Nikki off Carmella. Carmella slaps Nikki to the mat. The brawl continues until Carmella is able to retreat from the ring. Nikki looks on and stands tall as her music hits. We get replays and come back to Carmella on the stage.
– We get a look back at last week’s James Ellsworth vs. AJ Styles Ladder Match. Dean Ambrose is walking backstage as we take another commercial break.
– Back from the break and out comes Dean Ambrose for the return of The Ambrose Asylum. Ambrose has a table with a few chairs on top of it, a rug and a large pad. Ambrose introduces his guest and out comes James Ellsworth to a pop.
They talk about Ellsworth officially becoming a WWE Superstar and Ellsworth says it’s all thanks to Ambrose. Ellsworth says if Ambrose ever needs anything, he’s right there by his side. Ambrose says Ellsworth doesn’t owe him anything but then jokes about needing laundry done, some beer picked up. Ambrose brings up Ellsworth earning a WWE World Title shot. Ambrose asks who Ellsworth will be rooting for at TLC – Ambrose or AJ Styles. Ellsworth says it would be an honor to wrestle Ambrose for the title but on the other hand, he has already defeated Styles three times and maybe he could do it again. The music hits and out comes the WWE World Champion to a pop.
AJ comes out and stands on the announce table while running Ellsworth down. Ambrose mocks AJ, which brings AJ to the apron. AJ is tired of Ambrose making him out to be a joke. AJ wants his respect and demands it. If Ambrose doesn’t give it to him, AJ will beat it out of him this Sunday. AJ goes on about how bad he’s going to beat Ambrose at TLC. AJ enters the ring now and looks like he’s ready to fight. AJ says he has something special for Ellsworth after he beats Ambrose. AJ says all Ellsworth has to do is show up, he dares him to. AJ says if Ellsworth thinks his face is disfigured now, wait until he experiences tables, ladders and chairs. Ambrose fires back and tells AJ to get his head on straight because the games are over this Sunday. Ambrose gets some boos it sounds like. AJ shoves Ellsworth into Ambrose, into the ladder. Ambrose ends up on the floor. AJ tosses Ellsworth to the mat and heads to the floor. AJ sends Ambrose into the steps and then slams them on him. Ellsworth looks like he wants to fight as AJ comes back into the ring. AJ beats him down with ease.
AJ grabs a ladder and slams it over Ellsworth’s back. Ellsworth takes a hard chair shot to the back as he lays half way out of the ring. AJ grabs Ellsworth for a Styles Clash on the floor but stops. AJ brings Ellsworth over to the steel steps and plants Ellsworth with a Styles Clash off the steps to the floor. AJ talks some trash and enters the ring as referees come to check on Ellsworth. We go to replays. We come back to Ellsworth being loaded onto a stretcher. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see what just happened to Ellsworth. Ambrose is backstage walking with the stretcher and paramedics. Ambrose says this is all his fault but they’re going to fix it. The ambulance rides off with Ambrose in the back as well.
Kane vs. Luke Harper
We go to the ring and out comes Kane as the pyro explodes. Luke Harper is out next as Greg Hamilton does the introductions.
The bell rings and they lock up. Kane shoves Harper down into the corner. Harper with a headlock now. Harper goes for a shoulder block but it does nothing. They collide again but Kane doesn’t budge. Kane ducks a clothesline and drops Harper with a shoulder. Harper fights back with strikes but Kane just shakes it off.
They face off in the middle of the ring and taunt each other. Kane drops Harper with a right hand. Harper goes to the floor to regroup. He comes back to the apron and snaps Kane’s neck over the top rope. Kane with a big boot. Kane clotheslines Harper back to the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Harper has Kane down in the ring. Kane with a jawbreaker. Harper blocks a chokeslam and kicks Kane’s knee out. Harper with a kick to the head for a 2 count. Kane ends up hitting the big DDT. Kane runs over Harper with clotheslines and a big right hand. Kane with the sidewalk slam for a 2 count. Kane with a splash in the corner, and another. Harper nails a dropkick out of nowhere. Harper with a running elbow in the corner. Harper with another running elbow and more strikes. Harper mounts Kane with right hands in the corner now. Kane overpowers and powerbombs Harper to the mat for a close 2 count.
Harper fights off another chokeslam. He misses the discus clothesline but hits a sidewalk slam for a 2 count. Harper keeps Kane grounded again. Kane fights up and slams Harper. Kane goes to the top but Harper ducks. Kane rolls through but gets up limping and eats a superkick for a close 2 count. Harper goes to the top but Kane cuts him off. Kane climbs up for a superplex and nails it. Harper and Kane get up at the same time. They start trading shots. Harper unloads. Kane grabs him and nails a chokeslam for the win.
– After the match, Kane stands over Harper and makes the ring explode as his music plays.
– The announcers plug the WWE Network, tonight’s 205 Live premiere, TLC and Roadblock.
– Still to come, The Wyatt Family vs. American Alpha. Back to commercial.
– Renee is backstage with Becky outside of the trainer’s room. She says she has a bruise on her spine but nothing will stop her from defending at TLC. Renee says Alexa has challenged Becky to a Tables Match at TLC now. Becky says if she wants it, she can get it. Becky calls Bliss a “little bitch” and walks off.
#1 Contenders Match: Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton vs. American Alpha
We go to the ring and out comes Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton. The winners of this match will face SmackDown Tag Team Champions Heath Slater and Rhyno at TLC. Chad Gable and Jason Jordan are out next. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Orton locks up with Jordan. Back and forth until Jordan hits some deep arm drags and we see the SmackDown Tag Team Champions watching backstage. Wyatt comes in but Jordan dumps him on his head for a pin attempt. Jordan takes Wyatt to the corner with thrusts. Gable tags in and keeps up the offense. Jordan tags back in and they hit a double dropkick on Wyatt. An angry Wyatt goes to the floor to regroup. Wyatt turns it back around and covers for a 2 count before tagging Orton in.
Orton and Wyatt double team Jordan now. Orton drops Jordan over the top rope and covers for a 2 count. Orton keeps Jordan grounded now. Jordan finally fights back and goes to the floor after Orton doesn’t see Gable tag in. Gable comes in off the top on Orton, then decks Wyatt. Gable ends up with an armbar on the ropes to Orton. It’s broken. Gable goes to the top but Wyatt knocks him off while Orton has the referee distracted. Gable is down on the floor as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Wyatt splashes Gable in the corner for a 2 count. Wyatt tosses Gable to the apron and follows. Gable fights back but Wyatt drops him face first into the apron. Wyatt rolls him back in for a 2 count. Orton comes back in and keeps control of Gable now.
Gable fights back but Orton catches him in a powerslam for a 2 count. We see Rhyno and Slater watching again as Wyatt works Gable over. Gable catches Wyatt with a dropkick out of nowhere. Wyatt turns it around and slams Gable for a 2 count. Wyatt pounds on Gable now. Orton tags back in and takes Gable to the top. Orton takes his time before climbing up for a superplex. Gable fights him off. Orton fights back and climbs up. Gable headbutts him to the mat. Orton crotches him and climbs back up. Orton hits the superplex but is slow to get up. Wyatt and Jordan tag in at the same time.
Jordan unloads on Wyatt and dropkicks Orton off the apron. Jordan with an Alphaplex to Wyatt. Wyatt counters but gets hit with another suplex for a 2 count. Orton runs in but Jordan tosses him to the floor. Gable leaps off the apron and hits Orton with a cannonball to the floor. Wyatt takes out Jordan for a 2 count. Jordan counters and hits a German. The lights flash and we see the Wyatt graphics. The lights come back on and Luke Harper is at ringside laughing. Jordan turns around to Sister Abigail from Wyatt. Gable stops the move with a dropkick. They go for the double team but Orton nails a RKO to Gable outta nowhere. Jordan spears Orton in the corner. Harper pulls Wyatt out of the way when Jordan goes for another spear. Wyatt nails Sister Abigail for the win and the title shot at TLC.
Winners and New #1 Contenders: Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton
– The Wyatt Family poses in the ring as their music plays.
– We see Slater and Rhyno backstage watching. Dasha approaches them for comments but WWE World Champion AJ Styles interrupts. AJ insults them and says no one really cares about their titles, everyone is here to see him be interviewed. They have words and here comes Dean Ambrose. Ambrose and AJ brawl around the room. SmackDown goes off the air as the brawl continues.